• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What can I expect with recover from knee lacerations/stitches?

MRSGOLABONTE

Earning My Ears
I fell up the down escalator at the airport Thursday night (long entertaining story). I ended up lacerating both knees but one just has taped down skin flaps and the other has three stitches. Two days later I still can't bend the one with stitches, and it freakin hurts to move. Naturally I'm seven days out from heading to Mickey's Castle!

I was in pretty good shape heading in to this, and it was excited for all of the steps I was going to accrue on my Fitbit Force but now I'm dreading having to get up and go into the next room to get something.

I'm trying to make plans (OCD much?) but what can I expect from an injury like this? About how long until I can bend my knee? How long until I don't wince from pain?

stitches generally come out in 7 to 10 days. Not sure how long ago you fell, but ice is always a good choice to help with any swelling. I wouldn't try to bend it too far for a couple of days. Just bend to a comfortable level. You may have bruised your bones, as well, so you may be sore for a little bit.You will be fine. Just keep moving. Staying idle is not good.

Have fun and good luck.

Maine RN and Physical Therapist

Thanks lwake. It happened a day and a half ago. Im icing and taking 600mg Motrin along with Tylenol with codeine but still very tender. I used a scooter at Target yesterday when I went to get my prescription filled and it made me start wondering if I should get one while at Disney next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter