What can I expect? How does it work

lvinay

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
Hoping for some advice, I have read through most of the posts here, but have gotten confused about what to do to get "the best deal".
I am an SPG Gold member, with 500 points right now (I used a bunch for airline tickets before).
My family has reservations for Swan in Dec. using the teacher's rate $129.00. When we made the reservations I gave my SPG #, and was told I'd be upgraded to a preferred room if one is available. I reserved 2 rooms, will both be upgraded? Also, if I am gold level, do we automatically get club privaleges, or do we have to trade in points? I know I have time to earn enough points for club level (I have the Starwood AMEx card and a few trips coming up). Is it worth doing this? Do I need enough points for one room (about 5000 for 8 nights) or will I need enough to upgrade 2 rooms (10 k). Also, if I have an automatic upgrade to a preferred room, and club privaleges, what would I get with another level upgrade?
Thanks for any advice you have. Linda

Can't answer your question, just wanted to welcome you! I love seeing fellow Bostonians on the board.;)

lvinay, I hate to burst your bubble but they told me that also. Someone I know told me they usually just say it, Either way if they upgrade or not you are going to have a FUNtasic time.
:)

P.S. I ended up staying at BWI instead but that is beside the point.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter