What can I do special for my DDs 8th Bday dinner in the castle?

My2QTs

DIS Veteran
Dont wanna buy a cake. Been there, done that. Its great at the moment, but we ended up throwing just about the entire cake away before we left for home. Soooo....what can we do special? I will take ideas on things I can do or bring in with me, or I will take ideas on what I can order or pay for or what they can provide (if anything) during our meal there.
Thanks for any help.

I think a B-Day in WDW & dinner in the Castle is pretty darn special already!

But I guess if that isn't enough, you could doll her up at Bippity Boppity Boutique....

Order the chocolate slipper...unless that will end up getting thrown out like the cake.

I did my DD 8th birthday at CRT. When our table was ready, I went up ahead of time--going to the bathroom, wink wink; I then decorated the table and left some disney things at her place. I THEN, at the end had Cinderella come back with a note, in disney font, of course , that read she left her a special present at the wishing well. I then went to the bathroom, wink wink and left a present at the wishing well. With DH of course in the loop. I kept an eye on the present. It was a lot of pre planning. BUT so worth excitment and memories!!! It just so happens that there is a company that does Birthdays at WDW, charge a lot of $$$. They were at the wishing well leaving a present and said to my DD, that they saw Cinderella just leaving! Nothing like some Pixie DUST!!!pixiedust:

Will CRT do the slipper dessert even if we are not celebrating a birthday? I want to surprise my daughter with something, but not a cake.

Yes, they'll do the slipper for anyone who orders it. You have to pre-order it, I think through the Grand Floridian bakery.

You can write wdw.crt.special.eventsATdisney.com and ask them what special things they can do...the chocolate slipper, the engraved glass slipper, etc.

We did the white chocolate slipper for DD's 5th bday and she really liked it!!! I would like to find something extra special to do this time (we're doing BBB and the castle but would like something else, kwim?). I hope you find a great idea......and that you share it with us! :)

We did the white chocolate slipper for DD's 5th bday and she really liked it!!! I would like to find something extra special to do this time (we're doing BBB and the castle but would like something else, kwim?). I hope you find a great idea......and that you share it with us! :)

Some other things we've done on my DD's b-day:

-manicure at our resort's salon (BCV)
-Illuminations Celebration Cruise (our boat was decorated with a banner, balloons, etc)

This is just my opinion, and im sure im going to get flamed for this...

If I spent my 8th birthday at Disney World and ate inthe castle, I would be thrilled!! Why must you do more? Or if you really feel like you need to, why don't you let her choose her favorite attraction or two and put them at the top of your list? Remember, she is only 8. If you add much more to the list, good luck trumping this when the big birthdays come along (16, 18, 21, etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter