What can I bring inside the parks?

meburgess

Earning My Ears
Our family will be visiting WDW, Epcot and Hollywood Studios Florida in October:cheer2:. We will be going with out 2 children. Does anyone know what is allowed to bring inside the parks (i.e. snacks, fruits, juice packs, etc...)?

Thanks for the response!:cool1:

We go often because we are locals, and we always bring snacks, water, etc. we usually bring a small cooler and no one has ever said anything. I've seen people with large coolers making lunchmeat sandwiches a few times. I just wrote a blog post about cheap eating at Disney :).

Our family will be visiting WDW, Epcot and Hollywood Studios Florida in October:cheer2:. We will be going with out 2 children. Does anyone know what is allowed to bring inside the parks (i.e. snacks, fruits, juice packs, etc...)?

Thanks for the response!:cool1:

You can bring small items in. You can probably bring large items in but the problem would then be, what do you do with them the rest of the day. There really isn't a way to bring them on rides with you and the lockers are way to small to store a large cooler. Hassle would be the word of the day.

I hate to dredge this up, but I know that someone will eventually because it is a hot button item around here. Your first sentence reads WDW, Epcot and Hollywood Studios. I am amazed that it went three posts without mention that Epcot and Hollywood Studio's are part of Walt Disney World. I took it to mean that you were planning to go to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios in WDW. If not, sorry, but you can expect someone, I guess me in this case, to point that out.:rotfl:

At the four major parks (AK, DHS, EC, MK) coolers are restricted to "small, soft-sided, which can fit in a locker". And they cannot be rolling bags.

The only restrictions that apply to all parks (theme and water) are nothing in glass containers (other than medicines and baby food) and no alcoholic beverages.

Some things people don't think about (which tend to be in glass) are pickles, salsa, Mayonnaise, Starbucks drinks, Snapple drinks, Tabasco.

At the water parks any type or size cooler is acceptable. I have seen people come through the gate (Typhoon Lagoon) hauling wheeled coolers about 4' x 3' x 2½'. Note that the cooler can be on two wheels or carried, but the way the rules are written you can not have it in a wagon and it cannot have four wheels.

If you show up at the gate with prohibited items we will give you three choices:
(1) Take prohibited items back to your car or resort.
(2) Put prohibited items in the nearby trash can.
(3) (Only for other than alcoholic beverages) If you have plastic bags or cups you can dump the items out of the glass containers and throw away the container.

What I have never understood is -
Why do they not enforce the ban of "No wheeled coolers" allowed in the parks. We see people with them all the time - at least one or two every time we go in a park. People are openly wheeling them past CM's with no problems.
They are very dangerous, especially in very crowded conditions because you can't readily see them before tripping.
Anyone have thoughts on this? :confused3
(I think they "carry" them with retracted handles when entering the parks.)
Even so, they are definitely larger than the lockers. So, wonder what gives?

We carry an insulated backpack with us. In the main section (in the am), it will have three bottles of chilled water and two bottles of frozen water. Oh, also a couple of capri suns. Above that is a zippered section where we have cracker packs and fruit snacks. In the outer pouches, we have our rain ponchos and any other little things we might need for the day. I also carry a small backpack (it's actually a camera bag), with my wallet, sunscreen, extra pins for trading and other stuff with me (hubby carries that insulated backpack).

We always open all the zippers and pockets when e go through security and we've never had a problem.

***oh, just a note: no glass or alcohol is allowed in.

I know glass containers are not allowed, but does that include baby food jars?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter