What can 18 year old's do on the Cruise

SamanthaRose42

Earning My Ears
:earsgirl:Since you cannot go to the kids clubs anymore, what type of activities can you do whilst on the cruise?:earsboy:

:earsgirl:Since you cannot go to the kids clubs anymore, what type of activities can you do whilst on the cruise?:earsboy:
Anything, except order alcohol. They can go to/participate in any adult only activities, as well as any family activities. There's also the 18*20 Society. Sort of a transition group for that age group. They don't have a dedicated space (like the kid's clubs), but they do have a "get acquainted" meet up on embarkation night with a DCL CM (generally after the second dinner seating). It's important that those in that age group, who want to have an active group, attend that first meeting, as that's when activities are arranged.

cool, I did not know that existed. Do they announce that when we first get on the cruise? and do they say where it would be held, or do you have to ask around?

cool, I did not know that existed. Do they announce that when we first get on the cruise? and do they say where it would be held, or do you have to ask around?
It will be listed (where/when) in the Navigator you get in the terminal (at check in).

I was on the Wonder last week. All 1820 Society events are listed on the navigator. The first night we all got to know each other over smoothies and coffees in the Outlook Cafe, which was fun. There were only 5 people there total, including my boyfriend and me. We didn't really go to any of the other 1820 events, aside from an ice cream social - and we (bf+me) ended up being the only people who attended, so we just chatted with Shan, the crew member facilitating the 1820 events. It was cool, but I'm not so sure I'd want to be an 18-20 year old going on a Disney Cruise without a friend or significant other. I saw the other people I'd met from the initial 1820 club meeting hanging with Vibe kids a lot of the time.

Great! that is all really informative, thank you! too bad all the people i will be going with have their own friends and i have no one to hang out with, which is why i asked the question in the first place, too bad.. i wish i could bring a friend.

Great! that is all really informative, thank you! too bad all the people i will be going with have their own friends and i have no one to hang out with, which is why i asked the question in the first place, too bad.. i wish i could bring a friend.
Depending on when your cruise is, there may be more in that age group onboard. We did a Christmas (well early December) cruise with our then 19 year old. They had a very active group. There were about 15 of them, most of the time they would break out into groups of 5 or 6 (not always the same grouping) to do things. We seldom saw our son, except for dinner and when he finally made it back to the room to crash.

I would be traveling in July, so around the beginning of summer for most people. So hopefully there will be alot of people that is around these ages.

We sailed last March on the Fantasy and our 19 year old met up with the 18-20 group every night in the Tube around 10:00pm. They had fun hanging out and watching the entertainment they had there. She didn't do any of the other get-togethers they had during the day. She enjoyed the group and it gave her something to do after supper instead of hanging out with us. She also liked the Rainforest Room and Palo brunch.

When we did the WBPC in May last year the 18*21 group was VERY active. It was more than just that age group, tho. They had others join in up to about the mid-20s. It's not super regulated. Aside from the couple meet-ups listed in the Navigator each day (usually lunch + 1 more after dinner) the group was self-organized. My son was off doing things with friends from the group most every day outside the meets. They played a lot of Cards Against Humanity as well as poker. They'd go see movies. We always saved him a seat for the adult whatever show that was going on each night. He didn't always make it to sit with us. We'd see him sitting with friends which was fine. We didn't bother him. Usually after the night-time adult show when the rest of the ship was turning in the group would set up shop in the dance club to dance & hang out. My younger son who was 17 at the time was far more disinterested in the Vibe group that cruise than he ever was in the past. His complaints about the crowd his own age were along the lines of high-school drama, silliness, etc. He took to lumping-in with the older crowd frequently. Both boys ended up with a pretty tight group of friends. It was great.

We've been on other cruises where the 18*21 wasn't so active. Those cruises our son would kick around with us some but not always. We went to a lot of the adult stuff together. He's also good with trivia. And Palo dining (brunch & dinner) is something he really, really enjoyed. A LOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter