What cake flavor(s) did you have?

I had chocolate cake with peanut butter cup mousse and almond cake with amaretto mousse.

I asked to taste a couple of flavors at the planning session, and they didn't have any of the flavors I requested. I imagine it was just a mistake.

Top: Chocolate with peanut butter mousse

Middle: red velvet with cream cheese

Bottom: chocolate with chocolate peanut butter cup mousse

Is there a difference between peanut butter mousse and peanut butter cup mousse??? If so I know exactly which one DF will want...good thing he doesn't read these threads!!! :rotfl:

we are doing chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries and almond cake with amaretto mousse and fresh strawberries. I can't wait! I know it will be delicious!

YUM! Fresh strawberries...My favoirte...and even better since I read it a second time and they are going to be the fresh strawberries in the white chocolate mousse...thats what I'm talking about!

NO, mine was boring, Dawn...

yellow cake and buttercream filling... ;)

Plain and simple...Nothing wrong with that!

Is there a difference between peanut butter mousse and peanut butter cup mousse??? If so I know exactly which one DF will want...good thing he doesn't read these threads!!! :rotfl:

Peanut Butter mousse is straight-up peanut-flavored mousse. Peanut Butter Cup Mousse is a layer of Milk Chocolate Mousse and a layer of Peanut Butter Mousse. I liked the latter better b/c the chocolate cut the tangy, almost-cream cheese-like flavor of the straight Peanut Butter Mousse.

Also, neither of these are light and fluffy like you think of mousse being. They're more rich and creamy - almost like frosting.

DH picked our flavors...chocolate marble cake w/ dark chocolate mousse filling....yummmmmmy. Our guests were coming up to us at the reception saying 'wow! this cake is delicious!!!'....too bad DH and I only took one bite each :(

we LOVED our cake - best cake I've ever had!

top - chocolate cake, chocolate ganache and raspberry jam

middle - almond cake with buttercream and raspberry jam

bottom - chocolate cake with chocolate mousse

Turned out even though it was all good, we should have had all 3 chocolate!

I notice most of you had different flavors for each cake layer. Any special reason why? Also, do they ask your guests which kind they want?

I notice most of you had different flavors for each cake layer. Any special reason why? Also, do they ask your guests which kind they want?

I just wanted to have a choice, plus I kinda couldn't decide between the two combos we picked. Our guests got to pick which kind - the staff just set the different flavors out on plates for them to choose from.

omg almond and amaretto??? i just died and went to virtual heaven :cloud9: ... i'll have to keep that in mind for my wedding!

We just choose ours recently and are having ..

bottom layer- peanut butter filling and choc. cake
middle layer- almond cake and white choc. filling
top layer- red velvet w. cream cheese filling

omg almond and amaretto??? i just died and went to virtual heaven :cloud9: ... i'll have to keep that in mind for my wedding!

Here is a slice of my almond cake/amaretto mousse layer. So yummy!
CJ0295510-19-08edited.jpg

we are having Two layers of Red Velvet with cream cheese, and one layer of chocolate cake with white chocolate moose. SOOO GOOD
n1055790536_30512626_5415.jpg

We also tasted white cake with a chambord soak, filled with fresh raspberries and cream. It was good, but not nearly as good as the other two.

We had marble cake with peanut butter mousse filling and dark chocolate ganache on the bottom, almond cake with amaretto mousse filling on the middle layer and chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filling in the top! It was all very delicious!!!!!! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter