What cabin type for Alaska?

We were in 6134, a 'secret verandah' room. We appreciated the little bit of wind break the overhang gave us - it was barely noticeable, and the three of us could easily hang out there and enjoy the view. I especially loved being able to get up in the middle of the night and go out to see the scenery - the sun didn't set until 11 or so, and then it started to rise around 3am, so I got some great photos even at those times. here's the view from our verandah - the overhang looks a little bigger than it is because I am standing behind it to take the picture:

verandah_zpsb920df62.jpg

We've booked a 7A Navigator's Verandah for our upcoming cruise - we couldn't imagine cruising Alaska without a verandah and are also hoping it may give us a little shelter if the weather's not so good.

You'll love the Navigators Verandah! We didn't get a drop of rain the entire trip - until we returned to Vancouver yesterday morning and it was POURING! My DS was out on the verandah taking pictures of the freighters and ships and commented he wasn't even getting wet due to the coverage. We truly enjoyed the extra shelter although we were lucky enough to not really need it this cruise. It would have been an extra blessing to have it though, had we needed it.

Heather

We had 6078 smack midship and loved it. My family can't sail in anything less than a verandah room, and it was nice to be able to duck inside when we got chilled. You can't do that as easily when you're on the public decks. Saw whales, eagles, and dolphins/porpoises all the time from our balcony.

The 11C Inside Stateroom is the cheapest on the ship. I found it to be large enough and comfortable. We were not in the room much so saving money here was great for me. They are also mid-ship so the rocking motion seems to be less.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter