• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what building should I request @ GF??

bridget8822

Mouseketeer
I am going to call and change our standard room to something a little more special, but I don't know what to request. Keep in mind, I don't want to spend a whole lot more than what is already paid for. What do all you GF experts suggest? Just a lagoon view or do I have to specify a building? And is it even for sure that when I get there I'll have the room I requested??

:earboy2:

Do you have garden booked, but want to see the water? In that case, you can ask them to note Sago Cay, marina view on your reservation. If you already have lagoon view booked, I would have them notate Sago Cay or Conch Key as the building request. Dormer rooms are a more romantic form of the standard room. They are located on the top floors of the building and although they are a little bit smaller, they have beautiful cathederal ceilings. The balconies are also smaller but more private. If you're interested in this style of room, you can put that on your request also.

You probably noticed that I used the word "request" a lot in my reply. That's exactly what these are, requests. They can't be guaranteed and when you check-in you could find that they've fullfilled them all or some, or even none. It really all depends on what the resort occupany rate is. You can always have the front desk CM look through the computer and see what's showing up as available when you check in. They usually have the best idea as to where those perfect rooms can be found.

Tammi

we were recently in Boca Chica (#8427). we had a private balcony with a wonderful view of the lagoon and the castle. as TammiMcMan noted, all you can do is make the request and keep your fingers crossed. GF is a very beautiful resort and i'm sure you'll be happy with any of the rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter