What building did you stay in at POFQ?

Tinkerbells mom

Mouseketeer
Planning an August trip to Disney! This is our first time staying at POFQ. We have stayed at Pop, POR Riverside, WL, and even SS (parents are DVC members.) Would love to hear what building you were in and why you did or did not like it. Thanks for all the info. :cheer2: :woohoo:

We stayed at POFQ last June and we loved it!! We were in building 4 and it was perfect!! Right next to the food court and just a few mins walk to the bus stop and to the pool and laundry. Really fabulous!!!! Most buildings there are convenient to everything but I think Building 4 is even more convenient. Loved it!! The landscaping at that resort was just something else! Friendly staff at the Food Court, great bus service...... no complaints whatsoever!

I'm not sure. Maybe it's smoking-optional or whatever they call it. I know there was a no-smoking sign on our door and I didn't see anyone smoking in our area or get any smells of smoke. But perhaps someone else would know if it's smoking-optional or not.

Tinkerbells mom said:
Planning an August trip to Disney! This is our first time staying at POFQ. We have stayed at Pop, POR Riverside, WL, and even SS (parents are DVC members.) Would love to hear what building you were in and why you did or did not like it. Thanks for all the info. :cheer2: :woohoo:

I we stayed at POFQ twice a very long time ago but both times we were in building 4 and it was great. Since POFQ is the smallest of all of the moderates I would venture to say that even the building that is the the "farthest" away is still closer then many other buildings at many other resorts. I would request 4 but not worry about it and enjoy no matter which building you end up in.

We stayed at POFQ for the first time last September with free dining. We were in building 3 on the bottom floor corner room. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The bus system was great (we were worried as it was our 4yo's first trip and we took naps midday). I ditto the other comments. Every building is a short walk to the pool and bus stop. I would have been nicer to be on the side closest to the bus stop, but regardless, it was a short walk.

We stayed at POFQ in July of 04 and we loved it!

We stayed in building #5 on the first floor facing the courtyard. I thought it was a great location!
I loved stepping out our door into the courtyard where we played frisbee or saw bunnies.
The pool, bus stop, food court, and laundry were all just steps away.

The resort is so compact it is hard to get a bad location.

Enjoy your trip!

We stayed in building 1 at new years and really this resort is so compact that any building is fine.On the map 1 is one of the furthest buildings but we found it very close to bop back and forth to the food court etc.

We just returned from POFQ where we stayed in Building 7. We requested this one because it was pretty far from the noise of the pool and the main building. We were upgraded to a corner water view room and it was great. Building 7 is a little further away from everything but my DW and I enjoyed the stroll down the tree covered pathways. :thumbsup2

last year we were in building 2 facing the pool, it was very close to the main building and busses :sunny:

I'm not sure which buildings are smoking buildings.

I requested a non-smoking room because my son has asthma. They gave us Building 4. Our room didn't smell like smoke. I don't know.

We stayed at the front corner of Bldg 5. Here's a pic of our two rooms:
DSC_0755.jpg

Directly to the right of that picture is this "street"...
DSC_0757.jpg

and right over there....is the Sassagoula Floatworks food court, just catty-corner from our rooms. This room window was my inlaws' room.
DSC_0756.jpg

Very close and convenient to both the food and the pool. Nonsmoking building.

I like building number 5. It's central to everything. This is my favorite moderate resort!

According to Deb Will's site: Buildings 2, 4 and the top 2 floors of 6 are designated Smoking rooms.

BluOrchid2, LOVE your pictures!! Makes me want to change my vacation dates and go now! :yay: It's like I can hear the soft music playing in the background while walking down the pathway early in the morning by just looking at the picture. :cloud9:

We stayed at POFQ in 2004 in building 2, facing the courtyard and not the pool on the 3 floor. We loved it, we were convenient to the food court and to the bus stop. I would chose that building again.

We stayed at POFQ for a long weekend this past fall. We were in building 6 (forget the exact room #) but we were on the ground floor... FAR corner of the building facing the Sassagoula. Very pretty/ quaint view from our room but DH and I felt a little "removed" from the resort. I sort-of felt like we had to walk around to the other side of the building to really feel the theming. (If that makes any sense...) Here are two pics- I hope they work-

Here is a view of the side of our room--- bottom window right behind the stairs.
http://image50.webshots.com/50/2/82/74/509828274nvCsGO_ph.jpg

And here is a view standing right outside our door, facing away from our room looking slightly to the left.
http://image56.webshots.com/56/2/26/55/509822655HrgCjZ_ph.jpg

How do I get them to post as pics and not links?
ETA... well, they don't work anyway. I have no clue :confused3

We loved POFQ!! We stayed there in Nov 2004, in bldg #2 facing the couryard on the first floor. It was wonderful!! Quiet! Such a nice view! And close to everything!!!

Hope you have a wonderful stay there!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter