What Bugs You - WDW Attractions?

I'm very annoyed in everything that is Journey into Imagination. The whole attraction just sucks these days - the kids did their best last visit to find some magic but it was like...next....

oh! you mean the LACK of IMAGINATION Pavillion?
:lmao:

The painting of the blue wall in It's A Small World. I think it's in the room with the 3 platypi. It looks like they did a terrible job.

Captain EO. Seems to me they brought back a very dated film just because the star passed away.

For a company that started off and still has gargantuan stakes in film industry, they should be able to make a new good movie for this location at least once per decade. Even if it were a movie about making rides and attractions it would still be 1000x better than what's there.

I'm curious how many people see the movie each year - it seems like a missed opportunity for Disney to tout how great they are at Imagineering. (Disney themselves should be the official sponsor of this pavilion. 'Disney' is a natural fit with the theme.)

We'll have to see if they bring back Honey I Shrunk the Audience many many years from now when Rick Moranis leaves us. I'm sure they will. :rolleyes:

Expedition Everest bugs me! AK has only two worth-while A-list attractions. Disco-Betty the Yeti has not been in full "A-mode" operation since a few months after the ride's opening (2006)!

Why would WDW spend $100 million building a ride, and leave it broken? (Especially when it’s a park’s only ticket-selling thrill attraction).

Come on, Joe Rohde! Walt might not be happy with that!

I can't really ask you to “Plus It”. (That implies improving something that is already in working order). How about: “Fix It”!

REALLY?!? Go to a six flags and let us know what your thoughts are on what annoys you. Disney does everything better. Changing attractions is only going to lead to higher park ticket prices. Have a magical day!!!

REALLY?!? Go to a six flags and let us know what your thoughts are on what annoys you. Disney does everything better. Changing attractions is only going to lead to higher park ticket prices. Have a magical day!!!

Are you made somebody asked a question and people answered? I'm not sure who this was directed towards but you can love something and be annoyed.

Are you made somebody asked a question and people answered? I'm not sure who this was directed towards but you can love something and be annoyed.

Yep! That's why I made the disclaimer at the beginning :).

I can't stand the sudden acid trip dream in Winnie the Pooh. It was all cute and sweet then aaaaaagh! Noooooo

Let me preface this by saying, I love Living with the Land. Nice, relaxing ride in the AC... it's Epcot's version of the People Mover, but with less screaming.

The last bit before you leave the ride -- when they've got the movie playing and the narration going on about different agricultural advances -- in front of the movie is a see-through screen. Well, more like "see-through"; it's got an absolutely unbelievable amount of dust on it I'm surprised you can actually see the movie. (Or is it expected that people will be asleep by this point in the ride?)

On our past few trips, I anxiously await that bit of the ride to see if someone's cleaned the screen. Each time we leave, I feel a strong urge to return with a smuggled-in industrial-sized feather duster and a vat of Pledge. :scratchin

I love love love Disney but the one thing that bugs me is , why does it take them so long to build anything after making an announcement that they are going to build it?

Ditto, and you rarely if ever see anyone working on it. I would think they'd want round the clock construction to get it done ASAP!

First, let me say that I LOVE disney world and go there at least once a year. With that said.....

1.) Ellens energy adventure - the demonizing of nuclear power. really?!?
2.) Hall of Presidents - people booing some presidents and giving a standing ovation to others. Really, this is a people issue.
3.) COP skips forward 50 years from the 80's to the 'future'
4.) Stitch - 'the burp' smell. disgusting
5.) taking away 20 K leagues under the sea! I loved that ride!
6.) They should call PoTC, 'the new johnny depp ride' - a bit of an overload.

I TOTALLY agree with the crowd funneling on haunted mansion! I'm always so scared I'll get separated from my husband and everyone acts like they'll never get on the ride, ever!

I cannot believe no one mentioned the Circle of Life movie in The Land pavilion. If you listen to Timon and Pumba and think about how Walt Disney (the man - not the park) converted all this unused swamp land in the middle of Florida into a theme park and expanded (dare I say created) an industry supporting millions of jobs worldwide, you would find a very high level of irony that would make you never want to watch that movie again - like me. :)

DisneyBK said:
I cannot believe no one mentioned the Circle of Life movie in The Land pavilion. If you listen to Timon and Pumba and think about how Walt Disney (the man - not the park) converted all this unused swamp land in the middle of Florida into a theme park and expanded (dare I say created) an industry supporting millions of jobs worldwide, you would find a very high level of irony that would make you never want to watch that movie again - like me. :)

I loooove Disney but I feel so guilty every time we go, because of all the garbage produced from all the guests like ourselves (ie plastic, straws and disposables, etc.). I know Disney sorts through it all and recycles everything, but I so wish they had greener practices that supported all those lessons they teach hs on taking care of the planet. Paper straws shouldn't be limited to Animal Kingdom! :)

DisneyBK said:

I'm right there with you... Both in thought and not in the theater. That movie seems very hypocritical to me.

Since we're talking about Ellen's Energy, the whole ending with "brain power" being the only energy that will never run out - well, if we lose solar power, I'm pretty sure we'll be losing brain power too. Bugs me every time.

Or am I overthinking? What irony!

First, let me say that I LOVE disney world and go there at least once a year. With that said.....

1.) Ellens energy adventure - the demonizing of nuclear power. really?!?
2.) Hall of Presidents - people booing some presidents and giving a standing ovation to others. Really, this is a people issue.
3.) COP skips forward 50 years from the 80's to the 'future'
4.) Stitch - 'the burp' smell. disgusting
5.) taking away 20 K leagues under the sea! I loved that ride!
6.) They should call PoTC, 'the new johnny depp ride' - a bit of an overload.

I TOTALLY agree with the crowd funneling on haunted mansion! I'm always so scared I'll get separated from my husband and everyone acts like they'll never get on the ride, ever!

1. Never really thought that but also remember this was a different time and they probably had to address things like chernobyl.

2. :thumbsup2 When are they going to get over that big scandal people the Teapot Dome issue was a hundred years ago and I think Harding got a bum rap. :thumbsup2

3. Well it was built in the 60's when the 80's where the future. Hey I grew up in the 60's where's my flying car I was told we would have flying cars yeasr ago.

4. Never an issue I love Chilli dogs with cheese and onions. :cool1:

5. There were a lot of issues besides it was a little "lame" for the new generation.

6. no real opinion

and yes who thought that was a good way to move people. Its very effective in getting the stretching room emptied but still scary. Maybe that was the piont.

Brand new to the board, but a vet of WDW.

One thing I never understood---those with kids may be able to help and let me know if this has happened to them:

You take your child to the MK. They know Pooh, Alice in Wonderland, Belle, Peter Pan, Ariel, Stitch, and Buzz Lightyear. They then ride the rides these characters are associated with.

Do they ever ask questions about what has to be one of the best rides in the MK----Splash Mountain? I mean, unless they are digging into the internet/youtube to see clips of Song of the South, they wouldn't know who all these characters are.

Now I realize (don't agree with, though) why Disney has not put this movie out on DVD---but just wondering what the kids say and how do you respond as parents?

Since we're talking about Ellen's Energy, the whole ending with "brain power" being the only energy that will never run out - well, if we lose solar power, I'm pretty sure we'll be losing brain power too. Bugs me every time.

Or am I overthinking? What irony!

:laughing: This is so true. :hippie:

The conversation between the dad and son in COP about "Little Egypt" at the St. Louis World's Fair always bugs me. I'm willing to overlook the fact that a modern review of the contemporary news coverage reveals there was no Little Egypt who scandalized America at the World's Fair. What bugs me is that the Little Egypt legend is connected to the CHICAGO World's Fair in 1893, not St. Louis!

Brand new to the board, but a vet of WDW.

One thing I never understood---those with kids may be able to help and let me know if this has happened to them:

You take your child to the MK. They know Pooh, Alice in Wonderland, Belle, Peter Pan, Ariel, Stitch, and Buzz Lightyear. They then ride the rides these characters are associated with.

Do they ever ask questions about what has to be one of the best rides in the MK----Splash Mountain? I mean, unless they are digging into the internet/youtube to see clips of Song of the South, they wouldn't know who all these characters are.

Now I realize (don't agree with, though) why Disney has not put this movie out on DVD---but just wondering what the kids say and how do you respond as parents?

When a ride stands on its own--as this one does--I don't think most kids are going to over-analyze and wonder what it means or where it came from. Everest isn't based on a movie at all. Nor are BTMRR, Jungle Cruise or many others. So most kids aren't going to default to, "Hey, what movie is this based on?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter