• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Bugs You - WDW Attractions?

The water stain lines on parts of "It's a Small World" bug me. I know they can't really be helped but I catch myself starring at the water marks instead of watching the ride. I just want to jump off and bleach it!!

Me too!!!! You'd think that every once in a while they'd at least break out the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!!!:rotfl:

ok, so its not an attraction, but since a few other people mentioned inconsistencies with Beauty and the Beast, I'll add mine, because I've been wondering about them for years. First, one I'm sure most have noticed is the age difference between Chip and Mrs Potts. Why is Mrs P a grandma and Chip and young kid?

Secondly, the spell cast by the enchantress supposedly needs to be broken by the beasts 21st birthday, yet Lumiere sings "for ten years we've been rusting; needing so much more than dusting" .....making the beast 11 when it happened....so if he was 11, was he living alone, and what happened with his parents anyway?

Also, when the spell is cast on everyone, no one ages but the beast? Because how can chip be like 5 or 6 years old if the spell has been cast for 10. Unless he was born a cup. lol

I have also questioned the time frame in which this happens.

I also get irritated that she cast the spell on the whole frickin castle. Even the poor hired help. What did they do. Ms. Potts is nice!

I also question the fact that no one in the town had any idea there was a huge frickin castle a couple miles away. Really?

I also skeptical of belles intentions. She said she knew it was an enchanted castle. She's read tons of fairy tales. She had to have known that he was being punished for some misdeed. I think belle is a smart girl and knew the whole plot the whole time!! When she says "I love you" I think "Awwww....you're good. Pushin it till the end like that." Haha. Seriously. I love the movie though.

I think my favorite things to observe on CoP are:

When they show the scene where its the 4th of July and the boy is listening to the music he picked out, ole grandpa is just sitting there holding a big rocket. It cracks me up.

Also in the scene where he's holdin the niagra falls fan his wrist looks painfully bent and his other hand his fingers constantly tap on the chair.

In the scene where he talks about the rat race look at the back seat he's sitting on. It's sooooooo dirty. You can see where people's fingers are the only thing that has dusted that scene. Also watch his foot stomp under the table. It goes about every 10 seconds.

In the last scene when grandma says "I smoked those guys" I lose it! Grandma thug life.

Pet Peeve - American Adventure, the rising curtain has for years been out of synch with the image on the screen. That messes up a really neat effect.

Not a peeve, but an anachronism in CoP: In the 20s scene, Father talks about Charles Lindbergh about to fly across the Atlantic. But in the same scene, he talks about "that new fella Babe Ruth." By the time Lindbergh flew to Paris, Babe Ruth was the biggest star in America, not just a "new fella", so the timing doesn't quite work.

Serious peeve with MSEP - when they brought it back from DCA, they didn't bother to change the opening float from "Disney's Electrical Parade" back to "Main Street Electrical Parade".

Brand new peeve - the only way to do the full-on car design in Test Track is to wait in the standby line. (This one, I hear there are rumors that it will change fairly soon.)

Minor peeve - it seems like many show schedules are set up so that there's not quite enough time to get from one show to a nearby one. Maybe it's just my imagination.

Perplexing peeve - when they filmed the Soarin' film, they went over Lake Tahoe on a day that the lake was covered with clouds. You'd never know the lake was even down there! (Seriously - how difficult could it be to reschedule?)

I'm sure I can think of more, but this is enough to get me started.

I thought of another one! The stretching room in HM, and the library of ToT.... oh and the area right before you go into It's Tough to be a Bug and Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor-- does anyone else feel like being this crammed in to such a small space is a fire hazard? I'm sure Disney wouldn't let that happen, but it's just so :crowded:

First, allow me to preface my comment by saying that I am in no way an expert in Disney history. You guys likely know a ton more stuff about the CofP than I do, so I could totally be off-base here, but...

I've seen many people on this particular thread talk about how they are bugged by the last scene in CofP because it is so "out-dated."

Wasn't this ride created for the World Fair in, like, the 1960's? Isn't the last scene supposed to be what the Imagineers in the 60's imagined the "future" to be like? I've heard that somewhere, or that's the assumption I got from the ride itself.

If that's the case, of course the clothing of the characters and the technology would seem irregular! It was based on their theories of how the future would look. It's not like they had a crystal ball in 1960 and could know exactly what the future would hold for fashion and technology.

To be honest, the inconsistencies between the "imagined" future and the "actual" future (today) is what makes this ride so great! I think it's interesting to see how people imagined the future. It's also one of the reasons why this ride has hung around for so long: it's timeless! It's the same ride that guests rode when it was first constructed, but it's still relevant because now we can ride with a new perspective.

I know this thread was meant to focus on things that bug us about the parks, but I felt like I should stick up for this ride and its original creators. :offtopic:

on stiches great escape, when he runs around and the shoulder restraints move up and down.. I don't know if its because im a little tall, but every time it hits its an awful feeling for me

I also skeptical of belles intentions.

As long as we have sidetracked slightly...

My biggest complaint about the otherwise delightful film "Beauty and the Beast" has always been the moral hypocrisy of the ending.

Belle learns the valuable lesson "not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within."

Her reward for learning this lesson?

Her hideous boyfriend is transformed into a handsome boyfriend. Which delights her. And everyone else.

So apparently nobody learns what is supposedly the main lesson of the film.

Superficial, shallow, skin-deep beauty wins again!

So...what was the movie about?

on stiches great escape, when he runs around and the shoulder restraints move up and down.. I don't know if its because im a little tall, but every time it hits its an awful feeling for me

No. Not just you. And I'm only 5'3". It presses very uncomfortably for me to the point that when they are lowering, I raise myself up out of the seat so that when they lock on my shoulders and I sit down I have a couple of inches of wiggle room. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but seeing as how you don't actually move during the "show", I think I'll be just fine.

leebee said:
It really bugs me that more and more attractions are relying on interactive "busywork" than in having actual interesting, informative displays. The most glaring example is the trashy end of Spaceship Earth. Why didn't they do a sequence on recognizing how we have achieved the technology of the future that was originally showcased as "the future" and make even bigger predictions for what is to come? Instead we have a foolish, interactive computer "game" so you can see yourself displayed at the end of the ride. Really? Is that the best Disney can offer? Now we see it at TestTrak. The queue is another "drool over this car" display, and sometimes-non-working computers so you can "design your own car". Does anyone really believe that the attraction compares how "our" design stands up to the attraction? The post show display is an even bigger car showcase than it was before.

I think of all this as the "laming" down of Disney. So annoying.

I totally agree on this!

THE STINKIN ELECTRICAL LIGHT PARADE MUSIC!!!!!!!

The music is basically a 30 second loop that just keeps on going and going and going.

Spectromagic music is way better.

THE STINKIN ELECTRICAL LIGHT PARADE MUSIC!!!!!!!

The music is basically a 30 second loop that just keeps on going and going and going.

Spectromagic music is way better.

If you listen carefully it changes for every float.

First, allow me to preface my comment by saying that I am in no way an expert in Disney history. You guys likely know a ton more stuff about the CofP than I do, so I could totally be off-base here, but...

I've seen many people on this particular thread talk about how they are bugged by the last scene in CofP because it is so "out-dated."

Wasn't this ride created for the World Fair in, like, the 1960's? Isn't the last scene supposed to be what the Imagineers in the 60's imagined the "future" to be like? I've heard that somewhere, or that's the assumption I got from the ride itself.

If that's the case, of course the clothing of the characters and the technology would seem irregular! It was based on their theories of how the future would look. It's not like they had a crystal ball in 1960 and could know exactly what the future would hold for fashion and technology.

To be honest, the inconsistencies between the "imagined" future and the "actual" future (today) is what makes this ride so great! I think it's interesting to see how people imagined the future. It's also one of the reasons why this ride has hung around for so long: it's timeless! It's the same ride that guests rode when it was first constructed, but it's still relevant because now we can ride with a new perspective.

I know this thread was meant to focus on things that bug us about the parks, but I felt like I should stick up for this ride and its original creators. :offtopic:

The final scene that is currently shown has only been around since the '90s. (According to Wikipedia, it's supposed to depict the year 2000, as envisioned in 1994.)

Sorry the shoulder harness I don't understand why it is on stitch

Ahhh, ok. Thanks.
I haven't ridden on Stitch, I am still mourning the Extra TERRORestrial. It is still my all-time favorite Disney experience!
In the original incantation of the attraction, you needed to shoulder harness to give the feeling of the the alien standing behind you, breathing on your neck, licking your ear. trying to get you out of the seat. it was terrifying! I loved it!!

Ahhh, ok. Thanks.
I haven't ridden on Stitch, I am still mourning the Extra TERRORestrial. It is still my all-time favorite Disney experience!
In the original incantation of the attraction, you needed to shoulder harness to give the feeling of the the alien standing behind you, breathing on your neck, licking your ear. trying to get you out of the seat. it was terrifying! I loved it!!

Thank you I only got to ride that once and stick sorry to say was one time too many

I know someone else mentioned being able to see the ceilings on the rides. I think the biggest offender of this is Peter Pan! I can see the bicycle chain with the glow-in-the-dark dots acting as cars, I can see the track,......they should just turn the freakin' lights on!! Not to mention the ride is over in a hot second. I never understand the wait times that are posted for this ride. I won't wait more than 10 minutes for it:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter