What brings you back to FW?

David Johnson

Earning My Ears
Im new to this forum and have been camping in our TT for about two years now. For some reason in all the places we have been in Florida it seems like we cant get enough of FW. What exactly is it that you think brings you back to FW. The Disney magic? The family aspect? Activties? Nice campground? . For me i think its just that Disney magic if there is such a thing. I think we have been to FW 6-7 times over the last two years and have additional trips planned for labor day, christmas and MLK in January. :p :rolleyes: :cool: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Dave
His wonderful wife
His handsome redheaded 4 year old boy.

Of all the places we've camped, FW is the place we truly love!! We've been 6 or 7 times and I'm already planning another trip (DH doesn't know yet though). It's a long hike from the Northeast, but the Magic of Disney keeps luring us there!!!

We have been to FW many many times and the excitement continues to build for us as we go through the main entrance (The Big Disney Arch) the Disney Magic certainly keeps us coming back for more - that and the fact that it is an awesome campground

Over the years we have tried many different campgrounds .... none as nice as FW. We have become so "close-minded" that we now will camp nowhere else. We simply save ALL of our vacation time for FW. We drive 1200 miles to get there and for the last 5 years have spent 4-6 weeks a year there. We call it our second home, as it is the most relaxing place we know of. From the time we pass under the Disney main gates to the time we start setting up camp, we all just look at each other and say "we're home". By the time we make it to the marina and have breathed in the great smells coming out of Trails End, we have all hit nirvana! All of our most favorite family memories revolve around FW and the Disney magic that surrounds it. We have favorite cast members throughout the campground and we like the fact that the majority of them have remained the same over the years, because it maintains that "family" feeling. Although Disney has done their share of cut-backs at FW (and there have been many over the years), FW still has the magic and will keep bringing our family back! :)

and I have to say we're hooked. We just bought our motorhome this spring, camped in a few different states before we tried Ft. W. *Nothing* compared. I mean it. I think it's like having Junior Mints and popcorn at the movies (sweet/salty); the crazy excitement of the parks, then the quiet peace with Disney touches of the campground. I haven't told DH yet, but I'm definitely planning on a month there next summer!
Terri the Yoopermom

It's terrible to say, but we compare every campground to FW. When you have to pay $30.00 a night for a campground here, we just look at each other and say we could be staying at FW and get a lot more for our money. We have hooked many of our family on the FW campground. All it takes is a single trip and you'll never feel the same......

We too are constanly comparing other campgrounds to FW. It really makes it hard to find other places to enjoy camping, LOL.
My kids, 15, 13 & 7, would rather be at FW then anywhere in the parks! We are currently living in Ca., and are unable to plan a trip to FW. We are moving to NY next year, and our very first vacation after our arrival will be to FW. Hopefully time will fly.

:)
We stayed in the Cabins in 98 and loved FW. Now, we'll be travelling in our motorhome from Arizona for Christmas at FW. Our last trip left such a good impression on us - we can't wait to return! Each time we stay at other campgrounds, I expect it to be like FW, but.......there's nowhere else like FW!!!!!!!

As everyone else has said no other campground compares to FW. We also find it so relaxing sometimes we dont even go into the park but just enjoy the campground.

I think actually FW gives you the most for your money besides the fact that its just a great place. Most of the private campgrounds in this state are anywhere from 30-45 dollars for a full hookup too. So unless we are just exploring a new area we kinda always compare to FW also. If we want cheap we usually hit a state park. I have 3 reservations over the next 5 months and we are not paying more than 45 including tax for a full hookup. We figure, how can you beat that?
Happy Campin!!!!

Dave:sunny: :wave:

Although we havent camped at FW for a few years I cant wait till we go back. I am shooting for April of 2003, as we already have a trip planned to stay at WL during Christmas this year. There is so much to do at FW and it was one of our favoriite trips. We are going to get a travel trailer since the canvas on our pop up was ruined this year by insects when we opened it up. So hopefully we will have one by then.

I agee with everyone - it's just "MAGIC". To mix the "busy" at the parks with the "laid back" of the campground is great. We will be making our 7th trip to FW this Christmas.

We find FW the best way to experiece WDW. The Magical atmosphere and all the activities to do. I started going when I was in cub scouts 20 some odd years back and we now go 10+ times a year. It is the best place to enjoy time with your family and it is the most relaxing. The memories I have made there will never be forgotten.

Everybody else has done a good job with the emotional reasons we all share. I'll respond to the more practical reason, the PRICE!!! It's the most affordable place to stay and still get all the benefits of being on Disney property. For the price of camping on even a full-hookup preferred site for a week you MIGHT be able to stay at a moderate resort for about 3 days or at a deluxe for 1 to 2 days tops. And that's not counting the costs you might save on food since you could eat "at home" for some of your meals.

I know cost is the major reason we'll probably stay at Fort Wilderness next time we go. We loved our stay at Port Orleans Riverside, but the money we could save by staying at FW (where we'll have just as good a time, if not better) could be put to other things including other vacations.

Fort Wilderness is magical. We love the cabins! Life would not be the same without a golf cart. The golf cart is the best part of the vacation.

Like everyone else, the Disney "magic", going to the campfire (daughter loves Chip & Dale), exceptional campsites, taking the boat to the Magic Kingdom, and since we pull a popup camper down we always know what our "room" will look like (no surprizes, always clean) and the price...last year we camped in January for $23 +plus tax.
TomM

It's everything you would want in a campground & more! If you can imagine camping in the city, with all of the conveniences that's FW. A campground with transportaion, entertainment and shopping all around you.

Very quiet and everyone you meet is a welcomed friend.

This is the best campground I have ever been to.

We have never rented golf carts - but we took the bikes last time and they were great!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter