• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what brand of albums do you like and why?

I use Creative Memories albums. That is about the only thing that I use of CM, but I just like the way they look on my shelves.

If you have to buy 10 albums, you may want to go to Michael's and get them there as they are cheaper than CM.

I really prefer CM. I like the 12 x 12 the best. They used to be the only albums I'd use, but my MIL got me a few Memory Stor albums with refills for my birthday, so I'll try those. They're leather and excellent quality. I also got a couple of K&Company albums and they've been nice too. But, given the choice (and unlimited money) I'd only use CM.

I don't use Creative Memories because I don't scrap in order. I just do whatever pages I feel like doing.

I like the 3 ring albums you can buy at Michaels. They are like $22 full price, but if you have a coupon it will be cheaper. I've also purchased 3 rings albums from Keeping Memories Alive. I bought them years ago. They still look nice and hold up well. I just buy the C-line refill pages at Michaels when I have a coupon.

I like Close To My Heart post bound albums. I've had mine for years. They hold up great. I really like their page protectors from CTMH, too.

I've used K and Company albums. They are nice. They hold up well, but I've never expanded them.

I tend to use postbound albums, such as K and Company, but tend to buy whatever design I like. I usually purchase from Michaels or AC Moore when they go on sale. When I need to expand one, I use the snaploaders because I find the post extenders to be a problem.

I too love CM albums. You can pick them up and just feel their quality. I would love to see CTMH, but can't find a consultant around here ~ go figure.

I HATE three-ring -- too much like a school notebook.

My first album was a three-ring binder album and they haven't changed since I was in school. The rings get off-skew and when you flip through the pages they come out. I don't like them.

My Crop-In-Style sticker organizer is the same way. It is a ring-thing and they all eventually get off-line. It is a pain.

Just my opinion.

goaliewife said:
My Crop-In-Style sticker organizer is the same way. It is a ring-thing and they all eventually get off-line. It is a pain.

Ugh. Mine's been doing that too. So annoying. *grumbles*

I've only used the creative memories also. I buy most of the CM supplies on ebay. Even with shipping, I can save quite a bit of money.

For me, I love CM. But, when I started a book for my daughter to work with we just got a binder and sheet protectors. I still use the acid free paper on that one, but, makes it easier to interchange and keeps the cost way down, especially if you need 10!

My opinion is if you want the best, CM carries the best albums no questions asked. They also have a lifetime guarantee, and the binding is not made of paper like so many of the other albums. I have used other albums, but the quality is just not there. Your other option is to just buy sheet protectors and make your own covers! I have done this and you can make an original album that way, of course you also run into the problem of an album that is not going to have the quality of the CM, but it is made by you!

Have fun in whatever you decide to do, because that is what it is all about anyway!

Maria

Another vote for Creative Memories. If you need that quantity, I bet you could find a consultant who would give you a break. :)

Add me to the list of Creative Memories fans. I've been scrapping almost 10 years, and CM is how I got started. I used the limited edition "Memories" for my first Disney trips. My consultant tracked one down for the next one I needed. I then used the premiere cranberry which is the same color. I waited patiently for a Disney 12x12, because I knew I take way too many pics to put in a 7x7. We went in June and I made large tags, and then put the tags on my pages with the pics. That was a short trip and I used two sets of page packages. We're going for Thanksgiving for the week, plus we have a least 1 character meal plannned. I'll need another album!! I love the quality. I'm also considering using the 7x7 as an autograph book. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do.

For the past 10+ years I've been using Creative Memories. I started scrapbooking with those; they are expensive but very well made.

For our recent WDW trip I found a two pack 12 x 12 album by Memory Stor at Costco. The cover is leather (not the heavy leather type) and it has a small window so you can tell exactly what's in the book. I think it was around $25-$30 for two albums with 15 sheets each, so 30 pages. I've just started putting my photo's in it and it's pretty simple to slide the pages into the top load sleeves. I also bought a 50 sheet refill pack for about $12!

My only concern would be how the metal posts will hold up over the years since I know the posts are not as strong once you start using extenders but we shall see. Otherwise, I'm really liking it!

American Crafts' D ring -- very easy to add in pages & very durable, PLUS you can decorate the front of the album! :)

Another vote for the Perfect Scrapbook by Colorbok! I love how roomy they are and the fact that you can decorate them if you so choose.

And the fact that you can get them with 40% coupons at Joann's is a major plus. :)

BuzzBelleMom said:
Another vote for the Perfect Scrapbook by Colorbok! I love how roomy they are and the fact that you can decorate them if you so choose.

And the fact that you can get them with 40% coupons at Joann's is a major plus. :)

Our Big Lots carries these for only $5 a piece! :cheer2: That would the way to go if you need 10 of them IMO. They also carry Kodak albums for $5.

Creative Memories all the way....with everything. Yes, it's a bit more expensive but it is so worth it. I tried using materials from the craft store and they don't even compare to CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter