What books did you get, or give, for Christmas this year?

I got Peter and the Shadow Thieves and I gave several copies of the Kingdom Keepers for daughters and nieces who are as Disney obsessed as I am.

I got a local church cookbook, The Christmas Shoes (book version of the song as a joke from my children - I hate that song and will return the book) Provence A to Z, A Home in New York, When Madeleine Was Young, the new book by the author of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime, and a $50 gift certificate to Barnes & Noble.

I bought my Uncle, Brother Odd by Dean Kootz and a gift card to Borders.
My mom I bought Santa Cruise by Mary Higgins Clark and the new James Pattterson book.

I bought my 9 year old sister some Junie B Jones books, got ds (3 yo) the Curious George Treasury (with some books on cds), and dh got me the first Barfeoot Contessa cookbook, and Barefoot in Paris to complete my collection.

I got "Wicked" in hardcover and "Happy Bunny Does Soduku." I wanted to get DH the next Gary Tigerman, but alas there is no "next" yet! *sigh* So he got nothing, since he hasn't found a new series/author to love. Russ got several Clifford board books, "If You Give a Pig a Party" and several others I can't remember....I hit a Scholastic 50% off warehouse sale!

I got The Memory Keeper's Daughter from a friend at work, and gave my son The Harsh Cry of the Heron from the Tales of the Otari series.

I always buy everyone a book. DH got "what's the difference?", it tells the difference between things like Republican and a Democrat, crocodile and an alligator, dolphin and purpoise, murder, homicide and manslaugther, things like that. I read most of it out loud to him, though. Then I got DD15 "7 habits of highly effective teens", dd6, "the nutcracker ballet", DD4 "Santa's favorite story", and DD1 "What is Christmas?"

Books were big this year.

We got DS 18 Eyewitness Top 10 for the four cities he will be going to in Europe this summer.

DS 16 got the Eyewitness Top 10 books for LA and San Diego, a guide to Disneyland where we will be heading in June. Plus we got him the new Michael Crichton book Next. He also received Great Lies to tell Small Children, The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and The Onion Embedded in America Vol. 16.

DH got Rachel Ray's 2 4 6 8 and John Girshem's The Innocent Man.

I got The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (I am a teacher and wanted it for a read aloud) plus a bunch of Borders gift cards.

I gave my mom Hannibal Rising. I also gave my nephew that does not like to read at all a book. (yeah, he was really thrilled but it is the teacher in me)

Karen

In the past, DH has tried to choose a book for me on his own. Many times I've either read it or it's not something I'd choose to read. This year, I gave him my list of books I'd like to read and that helped both of us! So, I got:

"The Outlandish Companion" by Diana Gabaldon - lots of insight into her "Outlander" series which I love. Answers lots of questions!

"Map of Bones" by James Rollins

"Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen

DBIL and I both got the same book for each other - too funny! - "A Spot of Bother" by Mark Haddon. He also gave me a $25 GC for Barnes and Noble.

My boys each got a Stephen King book and they can share between themselves - "Salem's Lot", "The Shining" and "Misery".

I bought DS11 the Bartimaeus trilogy box set.

I think I'll also be getting another GC to B & N from DFIL as long as the package arrives soon!

BTW, I've gotten lots of these book ideas on the DIS! Thanks!

I love to give the nieces & nephews books!

1. nephew, age 2 (he'll be 3 in Feb.)--a board book about dinosaurs--he loved it. & a book by Sandra Boynton--"Personal Penguin"
2. niece, age 4--"Little Mermaid" soft cover book
3. niece, age 6--"Little Mermaid" Step 2- she can read a bit, but this is a little longer, but she'll be able to read with help
4. nephew, age 8--"Happy Feet"--Junior Novelization
5. niece, turns 8 tomorrow--the Happy Feet novelization & the box set of "Mary Poppins". We saw MP on Broadway last week & I thought she'd love to read the source material, since the play is closer to the books.

I didn't get any books myself, not even gift cards. But we gave the boss a gift card to Borders, and she passes all her books on to me when she's done!

I always buy everyone a book. DH got "what's the difference?", it tells the difference between things like Republican and a Democrat, crocodile and an alligator, dolphin and purpoise, murder, homicide and manslaugther, things like that.

I'm going to Borders tomorrow to look for this book. It sounds like something I'd love to read!:)

I gave:

My Mom
Traveling While Married
Julie and Julia

Oldest Son (14)
Think iFruity
Take Us To Your Mall

Daughter (12)
Mrs. Mike
2 other books, can't remember

Youngest Son (9)
The Return of the Lone Iguana (FoxTrot)
May the Force Be With Us, Please (A Foxtrot Collection)
Eyewitness Baseball book

I got French Women For All Seasons by Mireille Guiliano, "The Taming of the Shrew" by William Shakespeare, and "A Midsummer Night's Dream" by Shakespeare.
I gave my brother The Metamorphosis by Frank Kafka and my mom Wicked by Gregory Maguire.

My familly has given up buying me books since I've usually read whatever they buy, but I did get a nice fat gift certificate to Barnes and Noble. My daughter on the other hand, got flooded withbooks:

-Kingdom Keepers
-The latest Gregor Book
-The last Artemus Fowl book
-An American girl book on Beauty
-The Wish List
-Kino No Tabe
-the Last 5 Unfortunate Events Books
-a Book on Arts and Crafts

And she hasn't even opened all her gifts yet. My sister is sure to give her another dozen books.

my sis sent me THUD! ... it's a Discworld book, and I love all of them. Somehow she managed to send me one I don't own, and never read!!!

My kids got a bunch of books, but not from me... I stayed true, and didn't buy them a thing. My DD7 got one from her sister3 though, It's a Disney Fairy book about Beck.

Usually there are more books flying around on Christmas but we had a tiny one this year.

I gave my DH Crash - The Life & Times of Dick Allen & Bill Campbell, The Voice of Philadelphia Sports. He gave me Manslaughter by Parnell Hall, I think it's the only P. Hall book I didn't have.

I got the new Paula Deen cookbook

An all-in-one 30 Minute Meal cookbook (it's like all the best recipes from the other 30MM cookbooks but into a hardback)

The Story of the Trapp Family Singers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter