• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What book?

I just finished reading "The Unofficial Guide to WDW 2006", and thought it was good- entertaining, as well as informative. I'd definitely recommend.

Another Passporter.

Just spent most of today filling mine in for my trip in a few days!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

If it is your first time to WDW I would highly recommend the Unofficial Guide. At least see if your local library has a copy and study it. If you have been there before and / or have studied the Unofficial Guide then I would recommend the Passporter.

I recommend the Unofficial Guide b/c it has a lot more detailed info.

dbarker said:
If it is your first time to WDW I would highly recommend the Unofficial Guide. At least see if your local library has a copy and study it. If you have been there before and / or have studied the Unofficial Guide then I would recommend the Passporter.

I recommend the Unofficial Guide b/c it has a lot more detailed info.

My thoughts exactly

Unofficial Guide 1st, Passporter 2nd. I would buy both if possible. Not long ago they were selling older versions of the passporter for $1.00.

I was a 1st time WDW vacationer last year and bought 3 books, Unofficial Guide to WDW, Passporter, and Birnbaum's....I really enjoyed the Unofficial Guide the most and found it had more detailed information (the fact that I'm a statistician and LOVED the crowd and ride analysis doesn't hurt either I guess :teeth: ) I also loved the bits of humor the Unofficial Guide throws in, which made it much more of an interesting read then the others. Some people aren't into the humor though, so that might be a personal thing.

Passporter was nice, but I found I didn't really need it that much after getting through Unofficial Guide, and I also found I didn't use it as much while AT the world as I thought I might (you know, the nice pockets and things, places to write down all your ADR/Rental Car/Hotel Ressie info :rolleyes: ). I will say the Passporter had much nicer maps of the parks than the Unofficial Guide.

Birnbaum's....don't waste your money.

Here's my advice: Buy the Passporter and use it. Write all of your ressie info in it, and take it with you. The Passporter has places for you to store park maps, reciepts, etc.

And, go to the library and look through the Unofficial Guide. It has good information and some touring plans that come in handy.

nowellsl said:
Unofficial Guide 1st, Passporter 2nd. I would buy both if possible. Not long ago they were selling older versions of the passporter for $1.00.

Yes, that is how I would go, but I am getting an up to date version of the passporter for our trip in March. Haven't used it in parks yet, but I really loved the maps!

The Unofficial Guide, hands down. It actually gives reviews and opinions on everything from rides to restaurants. You might not always agree with everything they write, but they're usually pretty correct, IMO.

the Unofficial guide is great for those people who have been to WDW many times and are very picky. The Passporter guide is great for the penny pincher and uberplanner. I just enjoyed reading the Birnbaums offical guide and birnbaums WDW guide without kids, great books to give you a basic intro to WDW and it's attractions without the griping that is in the unofficial guide. I would start with the Birnbaums official guide then work towards the other books.

I've read them all (my husband would say at least 3 times). We're leaving for our 5th trip in the past 4 years at Christmas. Without a doubt...the Passporter is IT! The other books are OK...they give some good info...but the tips inside the Passporter are great, so are the ride ratings, restaurant ratings, etc. Some books (my opinion) encourage you to go beyond your budget...passporter tells you what things are going to cost (a range) and helps you plan YOUR trip...not the trip someone says you should take.

Have fun and PM me if you are looking for touring tips.

1st- TourGuideMike, not a book, but an online planning tool with more info than any other source I use.

2nd- Unofficial Guide, best overall source for 'insider information' after Mike's tips

3rd- Passporter, best organizational tool available and the maps are really good

I usually buy all 3 for every trip- plus use the Disboards, mousesavers, the MouseforLess, and the official WDW website. You spend a LOT of money on a trip, and since time is money at WDW may as well spend a few dollars now to ensure you maximize your experience while there. My 2 cents worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter