What bedroom features would you like to add?

I can't think of a thing I would add. I might take the TV out as we rarely use it. I gather some use their bedroom as a sanctuary. Ours gets used for 8 hours (on a good night) a day, with our eyes closed. Our Family Room is where we live, and in the attached kitchen. Two people in a 2,000 square foot house frankly have more room than we need.

We have a fireplace in our bedroom. I would like to add a big oversized chair and ottoman beside it.

I like the bedroom as it is.
We have a library nook with a recliner. It's great.

Decorating-wise, we need new carpeting. I'd also like to hang curtains. We've been here 20+ years and only have mini-blinds. I've bought curtain rods a couple of times, but never get around to buying curtains.

Structurally- I'd replace the windows. They are casement windows, the kind where the hinges are on a vertical edge of the window and they crank open. It means we can't have a window a/c unless we make some structural changes. Also, the windows are too tall for their width, so the crank mechanism isn't really forceful enough; they are a bear to open and almost impossible to close tightly. While replacing the windows, I'd also replace the door that leads out to a small sitting porch. It's not really a sitting porch at all- big enough for just one plastic lawn chair. I'd get rid of that and the door, and just put in another window or some wall space.

In the attached bathroom, I'd take out the oversized, useless soaking tub and put a washer/dryer in there. Then I could use the smallish laundry room as an office area or storage space. Sure would be nice to have an office.

I wouldn't mind it being a little bigger but most of all I would like an en suite bathroom. My house only has one bathroom, which can be an issue at times.

A soaking tub in our en suite would be great. We only have a tub in the main bathroom and it’s your typical American one where either your shoulders or knees stick out as it’s shallow and short. Good for bathing kids I imagine but not pleasant as an adult.

A soaking tub in our en suite would be great. We only have a tub in the main bathroom and it’s your typical American one where either your shoulders or knees stick out as it’s shallow and short. Good for bathing kids I imagine but not pleasant as an adult.
Our guest bathroom has a soaker tub. We put it in when we remodeled 10 years ago with the best intentions. My wife has used it once, I have used it once. That bathroom is back to back with the master bath, so location isn't an issue, we just don't soak.

Our guest bathroom has a soaker tub. We put it in when we remodeled 10 years ago with the best intentions. My wife has used it once, I have used it once. That bathroom is back to back with the master bath, so location isn't an issue, we just don't soak.
I loooove a good soak so no fear there - its great for relaxation, anxiety, and circulation. I try to keep it to once or twice a week as it does "waste" water. I'm not talking a big jacuzzi or anything at least, just a plain shorter but deeper tub so I can get all the way in. Even better if it comes with one of those autofillers that does the exact temp you want and the exact amount of water you need and then stops. Heaven.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter