What bag do you like to use ?

Aussiesonholidays

Earning My Ears
I'm in two minds about what bag to take into the park I usually use a backpack but I'm thinking this may be too bulky do thinking if a small over shoulder bag or maybe a satchel type bag that sits at front ? The bag needs to hold a bulky camera water bottle and wallet
What do you like ?

Hi there.

Personally, I never use a backpack either at DLP or any busy tourist location - way too easy to get pickpocketed. I always use a messenger bag. A bag with a long handle that I can wear across my body. I can then either keep my hand on it as it sits just above the hip, or tuck it right under my arm if necessary. On rides which go upside down, I can either keep a hand through the handle or stick my foot through it.

It is easily large enough to carry a water bottle, a few snacks, a phone (on which I take photos), a large wallet, anto bac spray, wet wipes and so on. I can highly recommend this type of bag.

Cross.body bag definitely.

Mine has an adjustable handle so can be worn long or short. I also tend to wear it under my top layer (if wearing big cardi or coat) so it's not obvious that I am carrying my whole world in my bag.

Personally- I carried a hefty sized backpack on our last family vaca at Disney. It was not too much, but because of the load, the one day I didn't take it, I didn't miss it. There are some great shots you can get with your camera, but I will be the first to say that everyone needs to take advantage of the PhotoPass. We were able to put all the photos we had with the group on one disk, buy the rights and use as we wanted.

Some people also complain about the bag check lines, but unless it is Christmas, there is nothing to complain about. You have to open all the zippers on whatever you bring in, but still not too much to handle. We took a lot of snacks along and saved a lot of money so we will be doing it again.

I would use whatever you are comfortable carrying. When I switch it up, I sometimes put it down, leave it and don't even notice. Because I am not used to it, I don't miss it.

Have fun on your trip.

I am assuming since this is on a Paris board, you are specifically referring to bags to use in DLP?

We just used a backpack in the US, but in Europe I was more concerned about pick-pockets, so I went with a cross body messenger style bag. Now I'm a convert and will be using this style a lot more! Could be awkward for carrying a DSLR though. My parents both used backpacks and (though at times I thought they were a little complacent) luckily didn't have any problems, but you do have to be careful.

Not all parks have photopass (pretty sure DLP doesn't - we certainly didn't see any) and, even if they do it doesn't capture everything. I'm all for having your camera on you ready to capture every magical moment :thumbsup2

I was getting excited about the photo pass as I was hoping Dlp had one but I don't think they do

No they dont have photopass.

To answer the original question - I always used to use a backpack but have started using a cross body type bag now which is so much easier. When using a back pack I used to sometimes find I got really jostled about when in really crowded areas as people would walk into it/push past it

I tend to use a small cross body bag. Just big enough for a bottle of water, sunscreen, some emergency medicine bits (painkillers, plasters etc) But I do keep my tickets in my neck lanyard as it makes it a lot easier.

Last may in DLRP we had really mixed weather so once or twice I used a small backpack that could fit a shower jacket in. But then all I kept in there was non-expensive stuff. DH kept money and the camera in his pocket and I kept my key, credit card and ticket round my neck.

On our first trip to DLRP I saw pickpockets trying to get into people's rucksacks so its made me very cautious.

I will use what I call a satchel bad but thing someone called its messenger bag au think they are the same I tried it today and bit was ok but will need to l need to irk out a better way for my camera

I'm taking a backpack, because I find across body bags hurt my shoulder after a time and I'm planning on taking my DSLR. I'm going to look for one that not only has zips but strap fasteners too for extra security.

I use a cross body messenger bag with a camera attachment. It's a fairly large bag so I can stuff a book, water, some snacks, and maybe a jacket. I try not to keep anything valuable in my bag...

sky13 said:
I use a cross body messenger bag with a camera attachment. It's a fairly large bag so I can stuff a book, water, some snacks, and maybe a jacket. I try not to keep anything valuable in my bag...

What is a camera attachment Sounds interesting I may need to look into one Thanks

I use a backpack too most of the time at DLP as across body bags added to all the extra walking kills my shoulder and back. I'll use a small bag shoulder bag if I dont have a water bottle. Dont forget painkillers incase you get aches although 1st aid were fantastic before and gave me solphadeine.

I'm taking a backpack, because I find across body bags hurt my shoulder after a time and I'm planning on taking my DSLR. I'm going to look for one that not only has zips but strap fasteners too for extra security.

I agree, to be honest I feel quite safe using a backpack. I make sure all valuables (which is really only money as camera is around wrist and passports etc in hotel safe) are at the very bottom and if in a crowded area such a queues I just use a piece of ribbon to tie the two zips together, so if anybody did try to get in they would need a fair while to do so! :thumbsup2

just got this for my trip lots of pockets zips and side there is a clip for your purse it comes in lts of colours and was a super price link to the site
http://www.orientalcharm.co.uk/

Photo0354.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter