• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What bag do Dis Guys carry into the park?

tigereye

Mouseketeer
Looking for a bag to lug my stuff (pins, glow sticks, ponchos, etc) around the parks this year. I've seen plenty of threads recommending Baggalinis and Vera Bradley. But wondering if there are any recommendations for something a little less..."cute". ;)

Last year I carried a backpack around and while it was great for capacity, nothing was overly accessible, so it was kind of a pain having to take it off repeatedly.

Thanks,

Mike

Last time our family went, we all three carried fanny packs. We are going again in 18 days (YEAH!) and we will all have fanny packs again. We each carry snacks, ponchos, hand sanitizer, and the like. Mine is a new lumber pack and is very comfortable. DW and DD have their own made by Eastport and they love them. DD is 9 almost 10 and enjoys having her own stuff she can get to when ever she wants. If you have smalled kids a single strap pack may hold more stuff for you, but make sure you are only carrying what you really need.

Good luck!

We have a lightweight backpack from Adidas that we bring if DH ever needs to carry anything. It's one of those ones with the cord straps so it's super lightweight and basically just like carrying a vinyl bag.

DBF carried a Russian soldier's mailbag-- basically a brown leather messenger bag. He loved it-- it wasn't too heavy, fit lots of things, and everything was easily accessible since it slung across the body. Plus, he could put his 1st timer button on the bag strap and not on his shirt :rolleyes:
Basically looks like this:
http://www.cainefashion.co.uk/images/samples/Men/Woodland/wd_smlmessenger_exp.jpg

You can try any store like TJ Maxx or Marshalls-- he got his at a military show.

I avoid taking any bags into the parks. I pare down to the absolute minimum - room key/cash/park pass in one pocket. Very small camera in the other and perhaps a disposable poncho in my back pocket. That's it.

Wear cargo shorts, they have a lot of large pockets and you won't look too cute!!!

Usually whatever the misses picks out for them to carry.:rotfl2:

:rotfl:

Probably true. Maybe that's why I can't figure it out. ;)

I always wear cargo shorts. Have to see if I can get glow bracelets and ponchos in there. DD will have her autograph book & bag, so I guess we'll still have to bag check, but at least we won't have to go through 17 pockets in the backpack and camera bag. Yes, I was THAT guy last year. :rolleyes1

I usually carry a messanger bag. It's right against your side for easy access and it has just the right amount of space. Plus you can just sling it over your shoulder so your hands are free :)

I need to carry a lot of stuff for my DD10 so I will be going with my multi-compartment back pack from Samsonite. It's pretty lightweight. I wish I could just go with the cargo pant idea but that would NEVER work.

Tina

We use my hubby's Camelbak backpack... it is just big enough for the the important stuff you need to bring w/ you on the rides and it's nice and small/narrow... ours is an older style w/ 2 med. size conpartments in the front for the camera & movie camera, plus a narrow zip compartment that runs the length of the bag for slim stuff.

We use strollers so I have more crap then usual, but I could def. fit ponchos, sunscreen & other smaller stuff in that bag if need be... I actually can't wait till I only need that bag with us in the park!!

I use a waist pack I found at walmart. Worked great and inexpensive. I have my wife and both my daughters carry a waist pack too. Whatever a person may want in a park they have to carry it themselves.

I swear by my Baggelini. I bought it for our trip last year and haven't given it up yet. I bought it in black so it's not really "cute". My favorite things about it are that it's VERY accessible and waterproof!

Looking for a bag to lug my stuff (pins, glow sticks, ponchos, etc) around the parks this year. I've seen plenty of threads recommending Baggalinis and Vera Bradley. But wondering if there are any recommendations for something a little less..."cute". ;)

Last year I carried a backpack around and while it was great for capacity, nothing was overly accessible, so it was kind of a pain having to take it off repeatedly.

Thanks,

Mike

i love all my vera bradley and they hold up nice and when you get home you can just throw them in the wash.

IMG_0056.jpg

Im not even sure what i would call the bag i use.. I bought a disney one on my past trip.. All it is, is a backpack that is a big pouch.. You pull the top to close it.. i love it cause i put poncho's, camera, coats if needed in it.. i like it and its a disney bag

My DH knows exactly what you mean about backpacks being a pain.

He said I took too long getting stuff out of my cross body bag for some reason so he insisted on carrying a backpack once.

After having to access it a few times, he was fed up with having to take it off to access his diet coke so once we were back at the resort he ditched it and we went back to using my simple cross body bag (which gets smaller every year. Yay!) and he carries his own stuff in his cargo pants pockets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter