What at WDW makes you feel at WDW?

I'll go with the usual ones of:

*Getting on the Disney Monorail for the 1st time and hearing the Spanish (I think it's Spanish!) voice!

* Seeing that castle appear in the sky once you turn the corner at Main St.

* Seeing my all-time favorite ride - Splash Mountain

I think though next year, after 10 long years of not being there, even getting off the plane at Sanford Airport will make me excited, knowing that approx 2hrs later I'll be in that Magical World that is Disney :cheer2:

I CANNOT WAIT!!

OK, you have to sing this one with me... :rolleyes1 "I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main Street, USA..."

Magic Kingdom, esp. Main Street, Cinderella's Castle, (and for some strange reason- the Enchanted Tiki Room) are WDW to me- pretty sappy, but my first couple trips were in the '70's and MK was WDW! It just takes me back :)

Of course we can't forget, either if your driving or on the bus, the "fake" TOT sign and seeing the REAL TOT! You know it was on the bus I decided to go on RnR for the first time!:happytv:

I like the monorail at MCO too, and the billboards along I-4, but I know I'm at WDW when I drive under the archway at the entrance - and see Mickey.

For me, it's the smell when you walk into a Disney resort lobby. Although all of them smell a little different, there's a similarity that just screams Disney to me. I'm sure it's probably the cleaning products they use, but I wish I could bottle it and bring it home. Has anyone ever opened their suitcase to pack and gotten just a whiff of that aroma? I have (if my trips aren't too far apart).

For my kids: it's that 1st ride on the bus or boat or monorail :laughing:
for me: it's hearing the music on main st. usa *tear* :hug:
for dh: the WDW sign as you enter :goodvibes

After pulling up the BoardWalk Villas and getting my welcome home. I have to head to MK and walk down Main St USA and see the castle, that is when I know I am in the world

For my kids: it's that 1st ride on the bus or boat or monorail :laughing:
for me: it's hearing the music on main st. usa *tear* :hug:
for dh: the WDW sign as you enter :goodvibes

Every year I promise myself I won't cry when I hear the music on Main Street, and every year I do. :rotfl: So, the music on Main Street is a big one for me. Also, checking into our resort and getting that packet of Disney stuff!

-On the drive down, stopping at the Georgia welcome center with all the palm trees

- Seeing the dolphin fountains as we enter the Emerald Island resorts

-seeing purple and green EVERYTHING along 1-4 and and WDW drive

-Listening to the Mickey Mouse Club march as we enter under the Welcome to WDW sign

For me, it is driving through the gates that say welcome to Walt Disney World. All of my stress just seems to melt away. :)

Officially...The moment following check-in when we open the doors of the main resort building and step out into the magic Disney air and onto the hallowed resort ground...Ahhhhhhhhh! Yesssssssss!

Unofficially...The moment we see the big DME sign behind the DME counter at MCO! Let the fantasy begin! From there it just snowballs until the official moment!

It's so cool just to walk through the resort hotel doors and smell the disney magic brooming and waiting for us to enjoy! I give a 100 thumbs up to WD for creating WDW!

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who gets teary on Main Street. When we arrived last March, it was my first trip to Disney World in 20 years, and a trip I had actually wondered if I would ever be able to give to my children. Stepping out onto Main St. for the first time and realizing we finally "made it", made me cry....

The first CM that sees you and says "Have a magical day" makes me smile and realize that I'm finally here!!! It's as if you can actually feel the load on your shoulders falling off.

Yep, I'm a monorail person too. When I hear the announcer say, "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas." I'm in heaven and all is right with the world.

I love this so much, that the monorail message is my ring tone for my cell phone. (Only problem is...I like to hear the whole message before I answer. Drives people crazy :rotfl: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter