What Art of Disney Cross Stitch Kit are you working on?

psammie1025

Mouseketeer
I'm busy working on Puppy Love! And I'm probably 70% done!
How about you? What are you stitching?

~Paula

Well, mine aren't from the Art of Disney.
I am working on a small Tinkerbell one (half way done ) and a Cinderella one a medium size. I copy them from a Disney cross stich book.

I am doing "Mickey Salutes America." I have about 3 inches done, problem is the stitching area is 15.5" long! I've already done the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" one this year, that one went pretty fast.

I am working on the Happiest Celebration one. I've been taking it kind of slow, only about a 1/4 of the way complete. I don't think I like working on the blue cloth. This is the first time I have worked on something that isn't white or off-white. Seems if I don't have enough light, it just gives me fits.

Hi :wave2: I am working on a small Tinkerbell too. Just started a few stitches. I plan to make it into a cute little frilly pillow for my soon to be Disney/spare/scrapbooking room.

When I was working on Tink with the castle which is on navy fabric I found it helpful to put a book light behind the fabric while I was stitching. It helped a great deal. I actually found one in the section with cross stitch supplies at Hobby Lobby. It has a larger clip then a regular book light.

PixieDust32 said:
Where did ya'll got the Happiest Celebration on Earth? :confused3

At WDW. The art of Disney store.

I too am working on the Happiest Celebration. I am actually starting over because the fabric bled and turned my white castle stitches a tint of purple.

So don't wash it after you have started!

I'am also working on the Happiest Celebration with only about 1/4 done also. I will have more time to work on it this summer. I just bought an ott-lite to help me see what i'm doing on that dark blue fabric. I'm anxious to finish this one because I plan on picking up another design on my next trip in July. I bought this one at the art of disney store in Epcot. It is up by Spaceship Earth.

I'm working on Self Portrait now and have Past, Present and Forever waiting in the wings!

For all those that are waiting to get your kits from WDW, don't wait too long. I posted in another thread a copy of an email I received from Stoney Creek where I was told that they are discontinuing several different designs.

I am working on Past,Present and Forever with Happiest Celebration waiting in the wings.

carol1231 said:
I am working on the Happiest Celebration one. I've been taking it kind of slow, only about a 1/4 of the way complete. I don't think I like working on the blue cloth. This is the first time I have worked on something that isn't white or off-white. Seems if I don't have enough light, it just gives me fits.

Try back lighting it by putting a lamp on the floor so that it shines on the back of your cloth makes the holes very easy to see.

i am currently working on the Barbers shop quartet which i managed to get a while ago when it was brought back from retirement. Have already done Family dinner,Mickey salutes america, Puppy love, Mickeys self portrait and Cinderellas castle. All the others are waiting to be done. Happy stitching.

hopemax said:
I am doing "Mickey Salutes America." I have about 3 inches done, problem is the stitching area is 15.5" long! I've already done the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" one this year, that one went pretty fast.

I'm bumping this topic up from the depths, so I could say, "I finished it!"

So I will be starting my third Art of Disney kit this year, this time it's the Mickey and Fireman one. I'm saving the Past, Present, Future kit for next year, but I'm going to have to buy a new frame/hoop/stitching aid before I start that one.

I'm looking for someone willing to trade pattern's. I would like to get cinderlla castle which is no longer sold in the parks so if anyone is interested please pm me.

I just finished "Mickey Salutes" and I just started "Puppy Love". I have the castle with Tink 3/4 done. I needed to take a break from the fireworks. That floss is tough.

I haven't started one yet.....I'd love to, but I haven't had the time. I am hoping to find "family dinner" when I go back in December. I think that one is really cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter