• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your Valentines day plans.

We decided that when we added on more points to our DVC that we wouldn't do any more big 'gifts' since that was all we both wanted anyway!

I'll make a nice dinner...I give him a bottle of wine that we had at the Food and Wine Festival (never more than $13 or so a bottle) and a bag of Ghirardelli chocolates. (It's like giving him Disney World haha)

He usually gets me a card and some truffles from a candy store I like near his office.

Then we'll spend our dinner discussing our upcoming Disney trip(s). Perfect.

I'll be spending a few hours at the gym working out and then coming home to cook dinner. What an exciting evening. :)

Hmmm. I didn't really have or make plans but I think I should.
We are also in super budget mode. So I will get input from dh and son what they would like (dd is going to the movies with her boyfriend) and I'll buy them some chocolates. Maybe we'll do homemade pizzas ( I'll make them heart shaped) and watch movies. Sounds like fun:goodvibes.

My youngest son was born on Valentines Day so we'll be celebrating at Chuck E Cheese as that's where he wants to go :rolleyes1... Hopefully it will be slow lol!.

Because of his birthday being that day my dh and I always celebrate a week or two later. The bonus to that is less crowded, no fixed menu so cheaper, and less expensive flowers. He will usually get me either some roses or a potted calle lilly because it was our wedding flower. (I always wind up killing them because I have a brown thumb!) I usually will get him a card with his favorite candy.

DH and I will probably get take-out and then binge watch season 2 of House of Cards. (starts the 14th on Netflix)

We will probably do take out and have some drinks at home. We are not big gift givers and I hate waiting for a crowded restaurant. DH's bday was last week so we usually pick a day in between and celebrate both at that time.

DH and I will probably get take-out and then binge watch season 2 of House of Cards. (starts the 14th on Netflix)

I was excited about our sushi dinner until I read this. House of Cards-binging and takeout sounds like the perfect night!

Same thing we do any other Friday that we are in Ft Lauderdale rather than at home... go to eat at our favorite NASCAR bar and watch practice for Daytona races with the inlaws. We do not celebrate Valentines day, we celebrate everyday. Don't need a made up holiday to remind us that we love each other. And no gifts either, just like Christmas if we want it we buy it.

I love reading about all of the fun things people are doing. Chuck E. Cheese sounds great! :goodvibes

When the kids were little, we started a family “date night” for Valentine’s Day. Getting a sitter, on top of gifts, on top of a special dinner out just became too much for DH and I. I started doing a special dinner at home with candle light and flower petals and what not. The kids loved it and still do at 20 & 16. This year is extra special b/c DS20 will be home from school this weekend and it will be all 4 of us again. :grouphug:

Fillet Minion, Crab Cakes, Cesar Salad, Copy Cat rolls like the bread from Outback Steakhouse, pan seared asparagus spears, sautéed mushroom with cheesecake for dessert. I have gifts for the kids, but still have not thought of anything good for the hubby yet. =(

Petite steaks wrapped with bacon, large lobster tail we split, baked potato, salad, red lobster cheddar biscuits all at home.

DH getting red underarmour t-shirt, and Chaps mint green polo to wear at Easter, DS getting Animal Crossing guide book. I am making my Valentines cards later today.

DH giving me cash. I want to take an extra vacation in July to the beach as we are already going to DW and US to June.

Nothing at all here - we don't celebrate it.

The kids did have to make Valentines for school and after school care, so we've been working on that every night (3 kids = 112 valentines total. Yikes!). We just about have them done but it looks like school will be cancelled for the rest of the week.

My daughter is my Valentine. I'm getting her a necklace she wants that matches her prom dress, a big Hershey's kiss, and a pair of Victoria Secret tights.

Dinner is filet mignon (I'm trying to learn to grill on my pink Himalayan salt block, marinated and grilled shrimp and mushrooms, baked potatoes, and grilled asparagus.

Taking the day off to be with Wifey all day without kids. I don't think I should post what my plans are here on this board :thumbsup2

We aren't doing anything on actual VDay, but are going on a Disney Cruise at the end of the month (just the two of us). That's our gift to each other! Can't wait!

After work on Friday we are driving over to Disney for the weekend. Staying at a DTD hotel (I found a good last minute deal online) for Friday and Saturday night. I made a ressie for Ragland Road at DTD for V-Day dinner. After that we may head over to the MK (open till 1am), which is SO's vote. I am thinking maybe just browse around DTD. Saturday and Sunday in the parks then head home.

I know SO has ordered something from Amazon and flowers (I could see the charges on online banking :rolleyes1 ). I am guessing the present is some Dior perfume I saw a few weeks back and mentioned I would like. He is also the one who suggested WDW for the weekend. Usually he is indifferent to holidays like V-day, and I might get a card if lucky, but I think he feels he needs to step it up because I surprised him last month with a trip to San Antonio for our anniversary and tickets to see 3 Spurs games (his fav team!).

I will pick up some little candy treat he likes after work tomorrow and will pack something a little "snazzier" than Mickey pjs. ;)

We have a 9:45 reservation at a fancy steakhouse. One of my boyfriend's coworker's husband is the meat supplier for this restaurant, so she was able to gift us a $100 gift card there for Christmas at a very low cost. We were very grateful and are so excited to go! We've been once and it's delicious.
I know he got me something, probably something small. I got him a funny graphic tee and boxers from the Gap, as well as a couple of bags of gummi bears (favorite candy). We never do big stuff for Valentine's Day or anniversaries, Christmas and our birthdays is when we go big.

It'll probably remain a fantasy forever, but my dream is to spend Valentine's Day at WDW, having dinner at Tony's...spaghetti and meatballs, of course. I don't care that a lot of folks don't like the food there, it's the whole Lady and the Tramp thing.

Step 1: acquire suitable partner
Step 2: control weather in February
you get the idea...

I got DD13 a tin of toffee at the Target after-Christmas sale. It's a plain red tin - I tore off the outter label that was the only thing terribly Christmas-y about it - so it works for Valentines Day perfectly. She'll like both the toffee, and the tin afterwards. I also got a card from the Dollar Spot.

We may do a Chipotle run (DDs favorite take-out) for dinner - but I'm not completely sure yet.

She keeps making a fuss about getting me something (her way of hinting she wants something from me ;)). I keep telling her I don't want anything other than a day free of complaints from her - I doubt I'll get it :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter