What are your Top 5 Universal QS restaurants?

TravelMommy

DIS Veteran
Theme Park Tourist had an interesting list of the best QS for the money at Universal Studios, I do agree with Monster's Café (1/2 chicken dinner) and love Louie's, but I was not a big fan of Mel's (was ok). We liked Beverly Hills Boulangerie for dessert and Schwabs too. Made me wonder what everyone else felt was their favorite 5 QS at Universal/IOA? Anything that you feel is the best QS value? TIA

Leaky Cauldron, Three Broomsticks, Louie's, and Simpsons Fast Food Boulevard. I tend to go for the sit-down restaurants usually, but those are my favorite QS spots. And Florean Fortescue's has one of my favorite ice cream flavors in the world: Salted Caramel Blondie. SO GOOD.

Thunder Falls Terrace

Louie's Pizza

Simpsons area

Only three quick service places we really eat, if we're in the parks we also prefer Mythos or Confisco Grill.

Wouldn't eat at Richter burger or Mel's again. Some of the others we haven't tried as they just don't appeal like circus mcgurkas???

Can I add in Ben and Jerry's too............::yes::

In order of favorites
Thunder Falls Terrace
Monster Café
Fast Food Blvd
Louies

Those are the only ones we liked.We did try Circus Mcgurkus ,Mels, Richters

Thunder Falls Terrace
Monster Cafe
Hogsmeade

Dislike
Mel's
Simpson's

Haven't tried a meal at any of the others.
We tended to eat at the resort pool for lunch (or take out from somewhere) and have a TS dinner.

3 Broomsticks
Leaky Cauldron
Thunder Falls Terrace
Simpson's area
Florean Fortescue's for dessert

We too tend to dine more at TS places...Mythos for lunch is a must do every trip sometimes twice.

Theme Park Tourist had an interesting list of the best QS for the money at Universal Studios, I do agree with Monster's Café (1/2 chicken dinner) and love Louie's, but I was not a big fan of Mel's (was ok). We liked Beverly Hills Boulangerie for dessert and Schwabs too. Made me wonder what everyone else felt was their favorite 5 QS at Universal/IOA? Anything that you feel is the best QS value? TIA

Seriously?!? the food was so bad @ Monsters last time we ate there. Didn't help that there was lots of spilled food on the floors & dirty tables/chairs early in the day.:sad2:Have they really stepped it up? Such cool theming, might have to give it another try.

put me down for:

Thunder Terrace
Blondie's
Boulangerie, sammies or just a decadent dessert
Simpsons food court

honorable mention to the stand across from MIB for the best slushies

IMO if you want a good sandwich it's worth it to take the trek to citiwalk for breadbox

Last edited:
Thunder Falls Terrace
Three Broomsticks
Leaky Cauldron
Croissant Moon Bakery
Simpsons Food Court

Seriously?!? the food was so bad @ Monsters last time we ate there. Didn't help that there was lots of spilled food on the floors & dirty tables/chairs early in the day.:sad2:Have they really stepped it up? Such cool theming, might have to give it another try.

yea, i crossed monsters cafe off my list for good last october.
bought the chicken meal and didn't notice it was dried out until i sat at a table.
this wasn't the first time it has happened over the past 3 years for me.
took it back up and they replaced it.
same situation.

first time i have ever done this but asked for the manager.
he looked at the food and said it was dried out
he refunded me my money.

i should have known better than to have gone with that meal.
the one good thing there has been the pizza
it's fine but louie's is more for my liking.

maybe it is just the month of october due to the crowds for getting food there?

Last edited:
We eat mostly table service, but if I had to choose:

Croissant Moon Bakery
Thunder Falls
Leaky Cauldron
Three Broomsticks
Loui's

Outside of parks

Sal's at PBH

I'm not sure I'd call them "favorites", but I've had good meals at 3 Broomsticks, Leaky Cauldron, Simpson's food court and, Blondie's in the parks and Bayliner Diner at Cabana Bay. Although like others have said, the more I've visited, the more likely I am to do "cheap" table service instead of CS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter