• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your top 3 must dos/sees?

Darling16

Earning My Ears
This will be my family's first trip to WDW and I'm in the process of planning, planning, planning. There is so much information! I'm curious, what are your top three things that you did or went to see during your stay at WDW.
*Note - I have two girls - ages 9 and 5, plus my husband and I are taking his parents with us who are 65 and 71 respectfully!

Impossible to narrow to three! Impossible! But here are the must sees/dos in each park sort of in order of importance:

MK #1 Must see park
BTMRR
Peter Pan
POTC
eat at Crystal Palace
Space Mtn
TTA

Epcot
Soarin
Test Track
countries around the world & eating around the world

AK
EE
FoTLK
eat at Tusker House

DHS:
ToT
RnRC
Animation / Sorcerer Mickey

Downtown Disney (not a must do for us)
eat at Wolfgang Puck (any of them)
browse Disney Store
browse Once Upon a Toy
Goofy's Candy Co

Other notable mentions:
eat at OHana breakfast
Chef Mickey's or Cape May Bfast for best characters

I can't speak to Water Parks-we don't do those.

Have a great first trip!
:goodvibes

Wow I don't know how to answer this. Things that we do on every trip is Chef Mickey's, breakfast at Ohana, Hoop Dee Doo,

1. The Haunted Mansion at MK
2. Muppet Vision 3D at DHS
3. The Jungle Cruise at MK

All for sentimental reasons from past visits :goodvibes

I do miss Capt Nemo and Mr. Toad's Wold Ride.

First of all, congrats on your first trip to WDW! I'm excited for you!

I have been to WDW four times in the last four years, and there are a few things that we have to do EVERY time we are there:

1. Wishes - This is the most amazing fireworks display I have ever seen. I've seen it at least five times, and it still gets me every time. I highly recommend seeing it every chance you get.

2. Rock 'N Roller Coaster & Tower of Terror - I'm not sure with the ages of your kids and your husband's parents, but these two rides are a definite must-do for me. ToT is my absolute favorite ride in all of WDW, so I go on it every chance I get...sometimes four or five times in one day!

3. Character Meet and Greets - Since my first trip, I've been going to see the characters. It is a lot of fun for me get my picture taken with them and get their autographs. And the best part? You are never too old to do this!

As much as there is to see, and believe me, you'll be busy, do not forget to take in the sights. I made this mistake my first trip, running here and there and everywhere, and I missed out on tons of things. Pay attention to the detail everywhere, and search these boards for secrets around Disneyworld. I have pages and pages that I look for every time.

Most of all, have fun and do what you want to do. It's a trip like no other and I hope you have a magical time! pixiedust:

I'd choose one from each of these, in order of favorite:

Ride
Haunted Mansion
Space Mountain
Spaceship Earth

Food
Dole Float
Bucket of Caramel Corn from Sleepy Hollow
Rice Krispie Mickey

Experience
Wishes
Kiss Goodnight
Philharmagic
(and a shout out to just smelling the cookies from Main Street ;) )

Oooh how exciting!!

I would have to say in MK a few rides/attractions that must be done are:
Carousel of Progress - this is mainly for the adults, especially your parents. This was Walt's project for the World's fair and was moved to MK. The girls may think it is lame, but for older folks it is a MUST do!!

TTA - is something that has to be ridden as well.

Of course seeing the castle is a must do. I recommed sitting in front after dark with snacks and just relax a bit. Take it all in.

For AK you must ride the safari attraction. It is very cool, everyone will love it. I also recommed the show "it's tough to be a bug" and festival of the Lion King. Great things to do.
If rollercoasters are a thrill EE is one of the best. Great theming and just enough "thrill" to get the job done, but not overly "commando" thrill ride.

Epcot I recommend Soarin' it is so cool, everyone should enjoy that one as well.

Of course there are tons of stuff to do, realize that you won't get it all done or see everything you want to see.
So study up on everything WDW and talk to the various people going, see what they remember hearing or seeing....this makes it personal.

Disney (for us older people) is sentimental, it brings back what you wanted when you were a child.

Have fun planning!! And have fun there! :)

This is a great idea. We're also going for our first trip, so I'm very curious. More answers, please!!:cool1:

Our top three for the entire trip would be:
#1 Wishes (Fireworks @ MK)
#2 Soarin @ Epcot
#3 Toy Story Midway Mania @ DS

Top 3 for each Park would be:
Magic Kingdom - Wishes, Splash Mountain, Mickey's Philaharmagic
Disney Studios - Toy Story Midway Mania, Indiana Jones Stunt Show, Great Movie Ride
Epcot - Soarin, Test Track, Spaceship Earth
Animal Kingdom - Festival of the Lion King, Bone Yard, Prime Evil Whril

Top 3 TS Meals
Kona Cafe
Coral Reef
Chef Mickey's

Top 3 CS Meals
Flame Tree BBQ
Toy Story Pizza Planet
Wolfgang Puck Express

Top 3 Snacks
Mickey Ice Cream Bar
Dole Whip
Ice Cream from Mrs. Pott's Strawberry shortcake

This will be my family's first trip to WDW and I'm in the process of planning, planning, planning. There is so much information! I'm curious, what are your top three things that you did or went to see during your stay at WDW.
*Note - I have two girls - ages 9 and 5, plus my husband and I are taking his parents with us who are 65 and 71 respectfully!

^^^ With 9 and 5 yr. old girls you might consider doing Cinderella's Royal Table (CRT) for B, L, or D. The girls will get to meet Cinderella and her princess friends. The price of the meal includes the photo taken with Cinderella and a couple of souveniers (wands for girls). You may also consider doing the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (BBB) for a Fairy Godmother make over before going to CRT. If I were choosing at each park...

Magic Kingdom:
1. BBB followed by CRT
2. Space Mountain
3. Wishes

Epcot:
1. Princess Storybook dining in Epcot's Norway Restaurant Arkeshus (they'll meet 5 princesses)
2. Soarin'
3. Illuminations

Hollywood Studios:
1. Rock 'N' Roller Coaster
2. Tower of Terror
3. Fantasmic!

Animal Kingdom:
1. Expedition Everest
2. Dinosaur!
3. Kilimanjaro Safari

Hope that helps...:goodvibes

:)watch a fireworks show (epcot)

:)toy story mania

:)rockin rollercoaster

:cool2:there are many more things to do but these are a few of my favorites.

There is NO way I could just pick 3! Do I have to?;)

How about 3 per park::confused3 and I may have to cheat and throw a couple *extras* in there.

MK:
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
POTC

Must Eat: Dole Whip
Must See: Wishes, Spectromagic and Mickeys Philarmagic

Epcot:
Soarin
Test Track
Spaceship Earth
and LOVE Living with the Land

Must Eat: Coral Reef & Teppan Edo
Must See: Illuminations and do Kim Possible

AK:
Kilimanjaro Safari
Kali River Rapids (you will get soaked)
Expedition Everest
and Dinosaur for the *brave*

Must Eat: Tusker House breakfast
Must See: Festival of the Lion King & Flights of Wonder

DHS:
Toy Story Mania
Muppets 3D
Rockin RollerCoaster & TOT for the *brave*

Must Eat: :confused3
Must see: Beauty and the Beast Show & Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

OP, is this a once in a lifetime trip or do you plan to vacation at Disney multiple times?? I ask because you cant possibly do and see everything in one trip. We have been 5 times as a family so far and we have yet to see or do everything! Honest to God, cross my heart!!! Its a huge place and everything is constantly changing :goodvibes

Where are you staying and how many days do you have park tickets for???

If I really couldn't do anything more than 3 it would be:
1. Monorail
2. SpectroMagic
3. Wishes

I have to agree with others - I don't know when or for how long you're going, but DO NOT try to do everything in one trip. Figure out you absolute must do's and do them. If you have extra time, fit in the other stuff, but remember there is sooooo much more to Disney then just the rides. People just don't get that most of the time.

OH have fun!!!

Here is what my DH considers must do's

Ride:
Mission Space
Sorin'

and have dinner at Rose and Crown (timed to see Illuminations)

Your girls might like pin trading. My boys did that in October and are hooked!

I have three daughters, now pre-teens and teens...but our MUST do activities are:
Everything at Magic Kingdom, we spend a few days there...so much to do! We love Spectromagic parade, it just makes us happy :) We love splash mountain, It's a small world, Space mountain, haunted mansion....etc, etc. We also love the Hoop De Doo review and Chef Mickey's for breakfast. We love visiting the countries in Epcot and soarin and test track. If we do nothing else...these are the things that are a MUST for us...but we love it all!

I have to say this is really impossible to pick 3 things but I will give it a shot!

1)Spectral Magic at MK
2)Fantasmic
3)Epcot Fireworks

Honorable Mentions
Soarin at Epcot
Churros at MK Frontierland
Haunted Mansion
Jumping Water Fountain at Epcot
Muppet 3D

My three must do's are:

1. Mickey's Philharmagic
2. Teacups
3. Tower of Terror

Of course Wishes and Illuminations are must do shows as well. Have fun!

My family just took a vote and came up with our favorites from each park:

MK
Splash Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain

Honorable Mention: Mickey's Philharmagic, Big Thunder Moutain and Haunted Mansion

AK
Expedition Everest
Safari
Dinosaur

Honorable Mention: Finding Nemo Show

HS
Rock N Rollercoaster
Tower of Terror
Fantasmic

Honorable Mention: Muppet Movie 3D

Epcot
Soarin
Test Track
Tour the countries and definitely see candy lady in Japan and acrobats in China

Honorable Mention: Oh Canada movie (Kids may find it a snore but the scenery is beautiful for adults)

As far as food goes, we LOVE Dole Whips in MK, breakfast at Crystal Palace in MK and the Biergarten in Germany in Epcot.

For a meal for girls breakfast at Akershus @ Epcot (lots of princesses)
if they are not into princesses then Chef Mickey's for dinner (get the Ribs)

for a ride my girls (5&7) loved them all but Toy Story Midway in Hollywood Studios is the fav (get a fastpass)

and our favorite extra thing (not at the parks) is the Pirates and Pals Fireworks cruise, this is a nice way to see the foreworks without a crowd and it's a whole lot of fun (and my girls are not huge pirate fans but they still loved it)

Enjoy your vacation!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter