What are your thoughts on the the week of 10-31-15 thru 11-6-15?

frechettegirl

Mouseketeer
I was hoping for the week of 11-8-15, but I haven't had luck with the free dining and that was a requirement for our family to go to Disney. We are a family of 5 and I was planning on staying at CBR.
The agent was able to find me the week on 10-31-15 thru 11-6-15. I could care less about Halloween, but what do you think about that week? Good, bad, busy?
10-31-15, my plan would be to just hang out at DTD and we would start our park days on Sunday.
Please let me know what you think.
It's been 5 years since we have been to Disney and a lot has changed... I have a ton of reading to do!

That is Jersey Week this year...it will be very busy. Mix that with Food and Wine festival and the half marathon the weekend of the 6th. I hope this helps.

I'm going to be there most of that time (10/29-11-5). I plan to avoid EP on the weekend, and will be gone before the half marathon weekend. I've picked my parks based on crowd calendars and it actually looks pretty good. I may even decide to do MNSSHP! Still deciding on that one but definitely won't do it on 10/31.

What exactly is Jersey week? Like Spring break? Not my first choice of weeks, but do you think its a horrible week enough to cancel and not go to Disney? We can only go if I can take advantage of the dinning plan otherwise I'm over my budget. When is the Food and wine festival? and where?... lots going on I guess.

What exactly is Jersey week? Like Spring break? Not my first choice of weeks, but do you think its a horrible week enough to cancel and not go to Disney? We can only go if I can take advantage of the dinning plan otherwise I'm over my budget. When is the Food and wine festival? and where?... lots going on I guess.
Don't cancel - it won't be that bad. It won't be like spring break or summer crowds.

We are either going 10/31-11/7 or 11/14-11/21 ; trying to determine which week will be better for crowds.

F&W is at Epcot.

Jersey Week is the first week of November when the schools up there all have break and a lot of people come down here to Disney during the break. Not nearly as bad as Spring Break, but still busier than the next week of November would be. Food and Wine festival runs September 25-November 16 this year at EPCOT in the World Showcase. It gets very busy there on the weekends and Friday evenings, other than that its ok, and a great time to visit EPCOT. The 1/2 marathon brings in about an additional 15,000 people for it the weekend of the November 5-7. If you could possible swing sometime November 9 - 20 the crowds will be great!

Jersey Week is the first week of November when the schools up there all have break and a lot of people come down here to Disney during the break. Not nearly as bad as Spring Break, but still busier than the next week of November would be. Food and Wine festival runs September 25-November 16 this year at EPCOT in the World Showcase. It gets very busy there on the weekends and Friday evenings, other than that its ok, and a great time to visit EPCOT. The 1/2 marathon brings in about an additional 15,000 people for it the weekend of the November 5-7. If you could possible swing sometime November 9 - 20 the crowds will be great!
Wow - thanks for the tips too!

I always go the week before Jersey week but this year we booked 10/30-11/7 and it looks like a better week as we'll get one full extra day there.

We also have the option to go 11/14-11/21 with less days in the park since we are driving, but maybe the less day option is better since the crowds may be lower. Even though it will be one full day less, we may get more accomplised that week.

Hmmmm, now rethinking my plans

I'm booked for 31 Oct - 6 Nov for the free dining. It will be my first Food and Wine Festival and Jersey Week. I usually go the week after Thanksgiving (I've gone in February and early May as well), so I'm pretty leery about the crowds.

I have been calling all week to see if another week has opened but i haven't had any luck. Honesty they told me the Marathon doesn't really bring in big crowds that stay to use the park. Also, the CM said if everyone thinks it will be busy because of Jersey week they won't book and i will have less crowds lol! He did say one bonus is my kids will be able to see the Halloween decorations and the Christmas decoration because they start putting those up the first week in November.
I'm working on my game plan on as to what restaurants i will need to reserve because our slot is opening soon! I think i might just stay with it.

I have been calling all week to see if another week has opened but i haven't had any luck. Honesty they told me the Marathon doesn't really bring in big crowds that stay to use the park. Also, the CM said if everyone thinks it will be busy because of Jersey week they won't book and i will have less crowds lol! He did say one bonus is my kids will be able to see the Halloween decorations and the Christmas decoration because they start putting those up the first week in November.
I'm working on my game plan on as to what restaurants i will need to reserve because our slot is opening soon! I think i might just stay with it.

I really wouldn't worry about it! We went that same week last year and are going that week again this year! Crowds really weren't that bad, and even less at night. Marathoners will usually be at Epcot Friday but you won't see many of them after that because of when the races take place. I think it's a great week to go and honestly jersey week is nothing to worry about.

We love that week. First, it is the weekend of turning back the clock so we get an extra hour in our happy place. Then, as PP said, they switch the decorations at MK from Halloween to Christmas overnight, we love seeing that. Good luck!

We are going 10/31-11/8. Staying at CBR was not able to get free dining. I'm excited. Not overly worried about crowds. Pretty much expect it to be busy definitely looking at crowd calendars to choose which park which day. Have a great time!!

I'm just not sure what to do 10/30-11/7 or 11/14-11/21

I prefer 10/30 because of MNSSHP but DH wants to try something different with MVMCP
I guess we should try something different but going Jersey week means one extra day in the park....

We are going 10/30-11/8
From what I have read here and on all the major planning sites the week should be fine wiht most days under a 5 crowd level. I think that's managable! We've gone the week before this and had 1-3 level crowds but we were not able to go that early this year. We've also been the week after this and it was more crowded, and ended up being cooler though that can change.

We are going to the hallowene oarty on Halloween, but before I got tickets I looked into other activities and every resort has Halloween activities as well as some trick or treating. That might only be at the deluxes but you can go regardless.

This is my fourth trip during the exact same week. The crowds are not as bad as others make it out to be. I love getting to see the fall decorations and the beginning of Christmas.

Don't worry about the crowds... They are not as bad as people describe. Summer, and holidays is crowded, Jersey Week is nothing compared to those! Surprisingly, we went Jersey week in 2013 and 11/12-11/18 last year and I honestly have to say, we thought the crowds were much lighter jersey week than they were last year during the week after. November is not what it used to be.. each year it is getting more and more crowded before Thanksgiving. We are already planning for the first week of September for 2016 because my sister had enough of Nov crowds after last year (but she was also pregnant lol I did not think it was that bad). I'm booked this year for Nov 5-14th and I really don't know what to expect but I am going to have a blast no matter what!

I was hoping for the week of 11-8-15, but I haven't had luck with the free dining and that was a requirement for our family to go to Disney. We are a family of 5 and I was planning on staying at CBR.
The agent was able to find me the week on 10-31-15 thru 11-6-15. I could care less about Halloween, but what do you think about that week? Good, bad, busy?
10-31-15, my plan would be to just hang out at DTD and we would start our park days on Sunday.
Please let me know what you think.
It's been 5 years since we have been to Disney and a lot has changed... I have a ton of reading to do!
I would say go with it but then again I'm a Jersey girl heading there for Jersey week :tink:princess:. It will NEVER be as bad as Summer or Spring break and if your worried about crowds Disney always has them but at least they are manageable. Whatever you decide just Enjoy!:mickeyjum

We are going 10/30-11/8
From what I have read here and on all the major planning sites the week should be fine wiht most days under a 5 crowd level. I think that's managable! We've gone the week before this and had 1-3 level crowds but we were not able to go that early this year. We've also been the week after this and it was more crowded, and ended up being cooler though that can change.

We are going to the hallowene oarty on Halloween, but before I got tickets I looked into other activities and every resort has Halloween activities as well as some trick or treating. That might only be at the deluxes but you can go regardless.
Will the touring, planning sites update the crowd calendars as we get closer.

Touring Plans has Jersey week ranked really low crowds right now and I find that hard to believe based on their #s from last year being 5/6/7s

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter