What are your thoughts??? Booking a 3 bedroom only 1 night

NJDVCmember

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone

Just was wondering everyone's thoughts.

Should there be a rule for booking a 3 bedroom only one night right in the middle of the week at high season?

I have two - 2 bedrooms and a studio for HHI in August. My home base. Yes my fault I didn't reserve during my 11 month window but things have changed and youngest son is now coming with a friend.

Went on to see if 3 bedroom is available.

All open but the Tuesday ! Someone rented for only one night....

Something seems wrong with that....Thoughts

How do you know someone only rented for one night? If it is just one night not available that could simply be overlap of people coming and going.

ETA: Even if it is just one night, no I don't have a problem with that. It's a first come first serve system and I want to be able to book however long or short of a stay I want.

How do you know someone only rented for one night? If it is just one night not available that could simply be overlap of people coming and going.

ETA: Even if it is just one night, no I don't have a problem with that. It's a first come first serve system and I want to be able to book however long or short of a stay I want.

Good Point.
I assumed only rented one night. HHH only has seven 3 bedrooms I think. So to have it available Sat to mon then Weds to Sat. I assumed renting just one night.

And you are right eveyone should get what they want if they are the first.

Thanks!

It is highly unlikely that is someone who has booked only one night. That generally only occurs if there is some special, well publicized, event going on for the night that attracts nearby DVC members, like, at WDW, a moonlight magic night.

What you are likely seeing is simply the fact that the day filled is in a week where other days are likely fairly close to being filled but the particular day just has more check-ins than check-outs than those other days.

Good Point.
I assumed only rented one night. HHH only has seven 3 bedrooms I think. So to have it available Sat to mon then Weds to Sat. I assumed renting just one night.

And you are right eveyone should get what they want if they are the first.

Thanks!

It's showing up at WDW a lot in the past year or two. I also guess that it's overlap. Even if not though, flexible points system. They do have an allowance in the POS to require minimum stays but since they went down the rabbit hole of 50 point contracts to new buyers they might be more hesitant to ever kick that clause in. Or at least if they start considering the problems they have added to the system completely based on their own sales decisions.

I guess I am the lone person. We have booked the 3 bedrooms for one night a few times. We sometimes drive from NY and it two or three cars. HH for us is the perfect stop over to Florida. It gives the drivers a chance to rest, all of us a need bathroom/shower break and a good dinner. We are up the next morning and off to Fl to board a ship.

MadamG2U

We purchased in 1993 and a big selling point was that you could book 1 or more nights in any size villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter