What are your "take to the room" staples?

we always ship a box of dry food to the hotel - cereals, breakfast bars/granola bars,a few bags of snacks, pop tarts, rice cakes, cookies, chips, etc. gum, crystal light, starbucks coffee. This has always worked out.

The Owner's Locker website has a discussion forum, with one of the threads all about what people have in their lockers, and also an ultimate packing list. We've got two now and don't know how we ever lived without them. :thumbsup2

I will check definitely check that out. Thanks.:thumbsup2

I don't think I saw

Cling wrap
Tin Foil
gladware - a few bowls for leftovers - there are some in the villa's, so not really necessary.

I have a Leatherman that I bring. My DH gave it to me one Christmas. Best gift - wine opener, scissors, (small saw, knife, auger, needle nose pliers, screw drivers, wire cutter - not used at DVC).

Janis

You are all very "sweet" with the list of things to take. I and DW always take coffee and filters but I like my coffee with sugar. So we take some extra packets of sugar that we purchased. (Did not see it on any list so far.)

Laptop
DVDs
A table top game
Coffee
Tea
Substitute sweetner
Cereal
Hard boiled eggs
One pot meal (Soup, Stew, Pasta, etc) - that can be warmed in the microwave - we use for lunch, dinner, or late night snack

We usually stay in a studio so many of the items we take have been mentioned except:

small Chip clips - works on the candy bags too.
a sharp knife and small cutting board (we might want some cheese with our wine or limes in our beer or cokes)
and a bottle opener (the one on the can opener doesn't always work well).
A flat rubber jar opener (I have trouble sometimes opening even gatorade bottles.) http://www.amazon.com/Fox-Run-5647-Jar-Opener/dp/B000GG9UP4

wdw annual passes
tables in wonderland card
dvc cards
resort conf me packet
plane tickets
disney Magic Express tags
dining itinerary confirmations
Drivers licenses/ids/passports

sunglasses
dvd movies
PJs
badge lanyards
dvc totes
disney backpack
cameras and tapes chargers/batt.
router & cables & locks
purex laundry sheets

Mole Skin--for blisters
bandaids
neosporon
bday decorations
glowin the dark stuff
swim suits
hats
Sunscreen
Rain Ponchos
ziplock bags
first aid kit
lipbalm w/sunscreen

Grocery List:
fruit cups
beef jerky
easy mac n cheese
coffee & filters
crackers
cereal
granola bars
candy

I don't always bring the family -- most often just DH. Next week though, we'll bring a bunch of the family! :banana: :woohoo:

This list is awesome!

I forgot sugar and the rain ponchos from the dollar store so we don't pay the "disney" price for one with a mouse on it. And rain gonna happen.

I also bring the crock pot... cause 2 nights we do put it in the pot and forget it!

Are there suction hooks large enough to hold jackets? I always tell DH that I wish there were hooks in the hall by the door to hang jackets, etc.

You could always get some of the 3M removable hooks, but they would not be reusable.

The suction cup hooks were probably the most useful things we had on the most recent trip. There are few places to hang towels and swimsuits to dry.

We also have night-lights in our Owner's Locker. It is nice to have softer light through the villa when walking around at night.

As a PP stated, it is good to have batteries, too, especially if you have little ones and buy stuff for the kids. We bought a remote control monorail on our most recent trip, and we could not find a 9 volt battery or AAA batteries anywhere. You would think that Disney would sell batteries that are needed for their toys.

I also like to bring a couple of power strips, can never have enough electrical outlets:).

I also love the Purex 3 in 1 so now I don't have to bring laundry detergent and dryer sheets separately. I also have learned to bring a spot remover (shout).

Ziplock bags have also become handy.

We buy sparkling wine in the gift shop and from home we bring:

Allergy and cold medication
Plastic silverware and cups
Disinfectant wipes
large foam egg crate (it takes up a lot of room in my suitcase, but I am 29 and cannot sleep well on any WDW sofa bed. So until we save enough points for a 2 bedroom, I won't leave home without it)

. . . . .
large foam egg crate (it takes up a lot of room in my suitcase, but I am 29 and cannot sleep well on any WDW sofa bed. So until we save enough points for a 2 bedroom, I won't leave home without it)

Have you ever thought about using one of those travel vacuum bags, where you roll out the air to make the item smaller? It still weighs the same but takes up less room in the luggage.

The most often used item in our OL is our Brita water pitcher with extra filters, and plastic glasses that are larger than anything in the villas. We love our OL. :goodvibes

You could always get some of the 3M removable hooks, but they would not be reusable.

The suction cup hooks were probably the most useful things we had on the most recent trip. There are few places to hang towels and swimsuits to dry.

We also have night-lights in our Owner's Locker. It is nice to have softer light through the villa when walking around at night.

As a PP stated, it is good to have batteries, too, especially if you have little ones and buy stuff for the kids. We bought a remote control monorail on our most recent trip, and we could not find a 9 volt battery or AAA batteries anywhere. You would think that Disney would sell batteries that are needed for their toys.

We have a magnetic hook from Michaels Craft Store that we use to hang a wreath on our SSR door. It doesn't leave a mark. I am sure you could use it on the inside of the door for a coat. Otherwise, SSR has a nice coat rack in the second bedroom of a 2br. We use that for our coats.

We have most of the above in our locker plus lots of extra hangers. There are never enough in the closets!

Do they provide a small trial size box of laundry detergent?

We'll be renting points for 2 nts precruise and don't want to pack dirty clothes onto the ship. It would be nice to wash a load or 2. We own a TS off site and have traded often through RCI but never stayed at a DVC resort. Most TS resorts have a box or 2 near the W/D. Does DVC do this also? I'm packing now so any tips would be great.

Thanks! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter