• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your plans for NYE?

After we drop DD off with her grandma we're probably going to go see the Hobbit and grab something to eat. After that, we'll be going to our friends' traditional New Year's Eve party. There will be gaming (board, cards, etc.) and munchies and drinking. Features of the evening will be the annual downing of vodka shots off of cavalry sabres and the ritual opening of champagne bottles by lopping their tops off with a more sturdy sword (we're a group consisting primarily of fencers and fencing groupies). Then after the ball drops, we'll watch 'Dinner for One', which tradition was picked up by some of our friends when they lived abroad. Then we'll hang out for a while longer and head home.

Tomorrow we have a party at another friend's house where we'll start an intense D&D campaign.

If you read all that and thought "NERDS!", why yes....you are correct.

Why cant you call up a girlfriend and ask her to go with you. No way would I miss out on that because manbaby can't handle being out with a cold. He can have a nice quiet evening at home with some vicks vapor rub and a box of tissues, and I'd go out to that fancy party.

Tell your boyfriend to stay home with his manbaby cold, and grab a friend!

ROFL!!! "Manbaby cold"... I love it. :rotfl:

Seriously, he does not even have need for Vick's or more than an occasional tissue. I love the man to death, but by the gods this sort of thing makes me nuts... And the dumb thing is, with every man I've ever known, if they're actually seriously injured and/or hurt they totally blow it off and act like it's nothing!! UGH

I really don't have anyone else I could go with, nor would want to go with. Oh well, he may not know it yet but he is making it up to me next year big time!!! :thumbsup2

Same as every other year... order Chinese food in and watch a movie. In bed well before midnight, lol.

We were invited to a party, but neither one of us have any desire to be out and about at night.

Stinks to be old!

Working! But I have the early in shift so I'll be done by 8 or so. Then I plan on picking up a bottle of bubbly and some Chinese food and head home. The kids will be well asleep so it will be a nice little "date night" I figure a movie or maybe some video games. The joys of having two young kids and working in a bar, the last place I wan't to be is out on the roads tonight.

Same as every other year... order Chinese food in and watch a movie. In bed well before midnight, lol.

We were invited to a party, but neither one of us have any desire to be out and about at night.

Stinks to be old!

This for us, possibly with Thai food instead of Chinese (haven't made a full commitment yet--who knows, maybe Indian. ) I think I might watch the movie in bed even.

I got off work at 12:30. DH went out to do some work at our lake property. We picked up Chinese and met at home for lunch.

Getting ready to head out for a bit of shopping and maybe a movie if I can convince DH. (Really want to see 'Unbroken'.)

I had a training hike this morning, so have been up since 4:15. (Training for the Bataan Memorial Death March.). Seriously doubt I'll make it to midnight!

Wife is working so the kiddie and I went snow tubing this morning. Now just hanging out till momma gets home. I bet I'll be asleep before 10:00 tonight.

Don't think I've been out for NYE in about 20 years, but tonight we are going out. Our favorite restaurant is having a special dinner with multiple courses and some wine. Wagyu beef and oysters are involved. My nephew is exec chef, but is moving on soon so we decided to go.

I spend every new years eve with my Dad (who lives with my sister in north carolina) It is the anniversary of the first date of my parents in 1939. They were married in 1940 and were married 47 years until my Mom passed. He will be 95 next week. no where else i would rather be!
That is sweet! What precious memories you're making! :hug:

I spend every new years eve with my Dad (who lives with my sister in north carolina) It is the anniversary of the first date of my parents in 1939. They were married in 1940 and were married 47 years until my Mom passed. He will be 95 next week. no where else i would rather be!

Awww, I love this!I hope you all havw a wonderful time :goodvibes

We have spent the day watching Disney movies and playing board games. In a few we'll watch the Disney fireworks that are being streamed and then the ball drop. A nice quiet evening with my family! :love:

Not much. I'm an ER nurse and was lucky to be off for christmas this year. So I worked today and will work tomorrow as well. I have to be at work for 6:45, that comes early. We did go to my sisters for some gumbo and a few fireworks. It's now almost 11 and I'm calling it a night. :-)

Just saw this thread. Enjoyed finger foods for dinner, and then spent our evening at the theater to see the Hobbit with our daughter and boyfriend. Came home and spent a quiet night together afterwards until the ball dropped. Don't much like being on the road this night. Must be getting OLD!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

A movie then, CBC's 22 Minutes 'Till Midnight at 11:30, and last 1/2 hr of New Year's Eve with Carson Daly just before we *quietly usher in the New Year! :goodvibes

*quietly because our New Year's Day reunion dinner (Dh's family) follows. It's a must to get as much rest as possible to enable me to avoid 1 of Dh's 4 brothers (sings Beatle's tunes to the displeasure of person in his presence). At least in the past the reunion because it is held at a hall with just under 100 family members there (3 Mos. - 90 yrs young); I've been able to avoid him. Albiet, this year will be more challenging as I'm nursing a knee ailment (Baker's Cyst).. sigh.

Maybe, I'll take my cane along. :rolleyes1

Update:. OMG not only did bil not sing he wasn't able to follow anybody around he's nursIng a Baker's Cyst too! Karma..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter