what are your pet hates about your area?

The guy who does not live in our area who at least 4 times in the last two weeks has parked various cars in front of my neighbor's house and takes pictures of the car with the neighbor's house (mostly), and my house as the back drop. Those photos show up on craigslist with the cars listed for sale. Public street, and nothing in the photos is against the law, just irritating. Neighbor just redid their landscaping and repainted there house and it is a nice backdrop.
Concern is, most of these cars look like "cream puffs". You know......cars that have been cleaned up nicely and polished, but are underneath, overpriced clunkers*. Concern in the neighborhood that he is going to sell one of these clunkers to someone who gets angry because the car is a piece of junk and comes to our neighborhood looking for this guy.

*By overpriced clunkers, one was a 2002 Toyota pickup, with a new shiny red paint job. The bed was misaligned, an indication it had been in a crash with frame damage. Oh, he wanted $13,500. I just checked, the sticker price on that truck 21 years ago brand new was $12,800

Crappy winters.
👍👍 Yup, our winters suck.

I feel like I am too far away from everything- and everyone- that I love. I grew up outside of Boston and am definitely a city girl. Where we live now is OK, the city of Bangor tries. There are a bunch of local theatre groups, a couple of small ballet companies (composed of mostly teens), a symphony, a mostly dead mall, a couple of movie theaters. Between the University and a state-wide production company we get some decent concerts, but we often don't attend due to prices, which are competitive with those in Boston (but our salaries aren't). It's challenging to find ethnic foods and ingredients for cooking at home, and there isn't a lot of authentic ethnicity in the restaurants. There is a local airport serviced by a couple of major airlines but the prices are outrageous. It's a 2+ hour drive to Portland, 4+ hours to Boston. Other than DH/DD, our nearest relatives are a 3+ hour drive away, and with the winters it makes driving to go visit for holidays, or even just weekends, dicey. Everything where I live feels so limited... but it's where our jobs are, where our home is. I don't mind living here, but I don't see us ever leaving, and it makes me sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter