What are YOUR Park shoes?

Personally, I wear Puma's. thin sole, easy to break in. If my feet hurt after the day in the park, I just go to the hot tub and let them soak, and that fixes that problem

Avia Avi-Motion iTONE's in the cooler weather and Fitflops in the hot weather.

Anyone ever worn Sketchers Shape-Up's in the parks? I wear them around all the time, and they are really comfortable, but i'm not sure about wearing them when I'm planning on walking and standing in the parks all day.

Nike Free. Best shoes ever. On wet days I wear my Keen sandals. They are good for a sandal but I don't think they could be my everyday WDW shoes.

Just bought Chaco hiking sandals. Can't wait to try them out at WDW in October.

Wish I had a pic of the saleman when I told him I was purchasing them for Disney.:rotfl:

I have tendonitis in my ankle and found Reebok easy tones. Almost feels like I'm walking barefoot. After years of only flip flops and sandles, sneakers took a while to get used to again. I've tried the tone ups and they work but the rocker heel takes a while to get used to. The Reebok easy tones are styled like regular sneakers but are extremely comfortable, even for someone who has hot feet too!

Anyone ever worn Sketchers Shape-Up's in the parks? I wear them around all the time, and they are really comfortable, but i'm not sure about wearing them when I'm planning on walking and standing in the parks all day.

I love wearing my Sketcher's Tone-Ups (the flip-flop/sandal version of the Shape-Ups) at WDW. They're practically the only show I wear at WDW, unless it's cold - then I wear my Crocs Gretel with the fleece fur lining.

I wear Sketcher sneakers, best shoes I have ever worn for comfort. Also, not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but Bodyglide is great for preventing blisters as well chafed thighs. Since I started using Bodyglide a few years ago when at the parks I have not had a blister, not rubbed spots, no hotspots, no thigh rub rashes. Its great stuff!

I've worn Reebok Princess on the last several trips, with Dr. Scholl's inserts. I replaced the shoes with a pair of Nike's...and went back to the wore out Reebok's for the parks.

I recently bought a pair of Skechers Premium Kudos. They are so comfortable that I wear them everywhere. I think they are the most comfortable pair of shoes I've had in 20 years. They are a khaki color and are almost dressy looking. I even wore them to church a few weeks ago. (Casual Summer)

I can't wait to see how they do at WDW in late September. HOWEVER, I bought them at the end of June, and they are already showing wear in mid-August.

Just a pair of flats. And also a cute little pair of Crocs.
I always said no to Crocs but then I saw these and will use these for the water park. They're so light and comfy.

cr-malindi-blk-pair.jpg

FWIW though I live in NYC and am very used to walking...

I am on my feet all day everyday teaching and coaching and will only wear three brands of shoes: Merrell, New Balance, and Keen. When at DW I always carry two pairs of shoes when we go. If it is raining, I'll wear my Keen's and if its dry my New Balance. The other pair stays in the Jeep for a quick change.

The best feet are Happy Feet!

Fit flops are AMAZING they have been a miracle for my feet which have both had surgery within the last 5 years. They have sandals boots and tennis shoes and they are FABULOUS.

Finally bought my first pair of Keen Newport H2's, for our trip this past week and I couldn't have been happier with them all week! They were especially great when we got caught in a downpour Thursday night at Epcot!

FITFLOP and Crocs Patricia. I altenate between the two. I cannot do sneakers in hot weather otherwise my Nike Megabounce.

OMG shoes are such a big deal at disney (as i found out on my last trip).

My regular comfy sandals for, every day use at home, dried out my feet at disney (I had to take moisturizer to apply half way through the day)

So i got rid of those for my snazy new sandals which were gladiator style, and they cut into my calves (I had to undo them and leave them flopping off my feet then do them back up on the rides).

Then i went and bought some flip flops specially, and after a couple hours they dug into the side of my feet >:(

It was a nightmare....my boyfriend has never been to disney and we intend to go in january. He thinks im being a weirdo because im spending alot of time looking for 'perfect disney shoes'. This post has helped me alot in my quest :)

Oh and I saw a short Asian girl (who obviously had hang ups about her height) because she was stood in epcot wearing HEELS :scared1:

OMG shoes are such a big deal at disney (as i found out on my last trip).

My regular comfy sandals for, every day use at home, dried out my feet at disney (I had to take moisturizer to apply half way through the day)

So i got rid of those for my snazy new sandals which were gladiator style, and they cut into my calves (I had to undo them and leave them flopping off my feet then do them back up on the rides).

Then i went and bought some flip flops specially, and after a couple hours they dug into the side of my feet >:(

It was a nightmare....my boyfriend has never been to disney and we intend to go in january. He thinks im being a weirdo because im spending alot of time looking for 'perfect disney shoes'. This post has helped me alot in my quest :)

Oh and I saw a short Asian girl (who obviously had hang ups about her height) because she was stood in epcot wearing HEELS :scared1:

I think I saw her at DHS. ;)

She was wearing a suit and really high heels. I told DH that I really hoped she was going for a job interview!

Avia Avi-Motion iTONE's in the cooler weather and Fitflops in the hot weather.

I don't wear them to the parks, because I love my flip flops (OluKai Ohana, Skecher Tone ups, Orthoheels, Fit Flops. etc) too much. I can't stand hot tennis shoes in the parks. However, Avia Avi-Motion iTones are my work shoes. I'm a nurse and have a white and a black pair and love them both. I used to wear my New Balance, K Swiss, or Nikes to work, but now depend on my Avias. Several other nurses I work with love them too. If I was to carry tennis shoes to WDW those are the ones I'd carry.

You have all given me wonderful advice, thank you so much for the input. I am en route to the shoe store!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter