What are YOUR Park shoes?

soarinup

I really am as mean as I look!
I have horrible Plantar Fasciitis and would like to know what you wear to the parks? If you wear thin little flip flops, I envy you, I haven't worn those since I was a teen.

I guess I am old school. I always wear a good pair of sneakers(easy spirit)with adidas moisture wicking socks during the day.

At night I usually wear a good pair of sandals, this year it will be my bass adventure sandals.

I would never wear flip flops to a park, yet hundreds do.....

I have plantar faciatis (sp?). I wear Keens. Never had a problem. I also have a few Teva shoes (not sandals), and they are fine (sometimes I wear them with heel cups). My recommendation is to find a comfort brand that works for you in your regular life (tested and true!) and then stick to that for the parks. Don't try something new and hope it works. I've also purchased a couple of Crocs, but the heat and sweat and plastic from the Crocs is a bad combo. I've gotten some pretty gnarly blisters.

I have PF as well. I will only wear my Keens. I think they are Newports. It's the only shoe that has really worked for a weeklong trip. Otherwise, I wear tennis shoes.

I'm another tennis shoe wearing person!
I have worn flip flops to MNSSHP and after a few hours my heels hurt!
I have bad ankles due to years of playing sports so I totally need support for that!

I have an ankle i messed up playing soccer in high school... Sometimes I over-rotate it in flat shoes with no support and I get cramps in my arches if i walk around wearing flat flip flops all day at a park. (although i practically live in them when i'm not working or walking around at an amusement park) For trips there, I have a lovely pair of New Balance sneakers I got from Sams club.

I tried Crocs, then Reef flip flops, but my new favorite are Keens. I would wear the Reef flip flops again to rotate with the Keens, but the Keens felt great, I didn't feel I needed to rotate them. Crocs gave me blisters. In teams of sweat, both the Keens and Crocs made my feel very sweaty. I had to take off the Keens during some attractions to cool down my feet. I can't see myself wearing sneakers because of the water rides and the high humidity of Orlando.

I love my Asics gel running shoes. Okay so not the most fashionable, but my feet are sooooo happy and not a single ache, pain, or blister. And my good Thor running socks which wick moisture, and are specially cushioned and padded.

I wear really good walking shoes. Mine are Saucony. And I hate to admit, but I wear crocs ..... with socks. I know, I know. But comfort over beauty for me. And really, Disney is more fun if you are comfortable.

I where Chaco sandals. I LOVE them. I have bad knees. If I wear sneakers all day, I get really uncomfortable. I got them at an outdoor activity store (camping, hiking, cycling, etc) and all of the employees were wearing them. They told me that is all they wear when on their feet all day.

I have had such troubles with what shoes to wear over the years....I get blisters very bad all over my toes and bottoms of my feet. I started wearing FitFlops last year and my troubles are over! They have been a godsend for me! I wish you luck in finding something comfortable - I know how painful pf can be!

SHAPE UPS!!! :worship:

I wore a pair last year for 17 days in the parks...every day, and my feet never hurt! ( on a previous trip, I spent 2-1/2 days at the resort 'cuz my feet were killing me.)
One thing about the shape ups...keep 'em laced up fairly snug. The same goes for most shoes, you don't want to rub blisters on your ankles! :eek:

I dislike sneakers and socks - my feet are too hot.
I love my "Mary Jane" Crocs and alternate with a low wedge FlipFlop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter