What are your New Year's Eve plans?

Maybe Pete or Alex will open chat up!!!

or Kevin will let us use ABD chat for NYE chat!!

OoOOOooo...:surfweb:

Heading to our friends' house for Chinese takeout, Xbox Kinnect, and general geekiness! Good times! :thumbsup2

Pretty low key with the family...but I decided that New Year's Eve 2011 deserved a menu of 11 items (including drinks)! :woohoo:

And to honor Pantone's Color of the Year for 2011 (Honeysuckle - which is a kind of pink), I'm unveiling my 2011 cocktail creation: the Honeysuckle Sparkler! :cloud9:

Not quite sure on the break down yet, but I'm working with champagne, chambord, pink lemonade & blackberries. I'm sure the trials will be the best part. :goodvibes

For once we actually have plans. My cousin just moved into her first home and invited us over for some games and taco's! Party till the parents are sleepy!lol:rotfl2:

What are you doing Nikki??

I'm hanging at home too...in my new house! I'm also making tacos, playing some Epic Mickey, and waiting for the ball to drop. I'm excited to see how it'll look on my Black Friday prize TV. :goodvibes

Going out for a little while, and then home before the clock strikes midnight. At midnight of course we'll enjoy our traditional meal of lentils. Of course throughout the evening we'll be wearing our red underwear! I'm not superstitious as a rule, but these New Year's traditions are hard to break.

I made lentils twice last week. How do you make them? I love making them the "Italian way," as my father calls it, with spaghetti. Mmmm...:woohoo:

And to honor Pantone's Color of the Year for 2011 (Honeysuckle - which is a kind of pink), I'm unveiling my 2011 cocktail creation: the Honeysuckle Sparkler! :cloud9:

Not quite sure on the break down yet, but I'm working with champagne, chambord, pink lemonade & blackberries. I'm sure the trials will be the best part. :goodvibes

Sounds delicious! :yay:

My plans are to sleep, hopefully, because I never get enough of it! I have to be at work at 2:30am on the first, so I am hoping I am able to sleep through the ball drop! :goodvibes

We are attending my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary that afternoon and early evening and then heading home to rest up.

Disneyland early on Saturday morning - while everyone else is sleeping off the Eve activities! The park is super quiet, if you are there early!!!:thumbsup2

A friend invited me over to her house for a get-together, but I really don't want to drive that far on a night where you have to avoid the drunks driving home. My mom invited me to hang with her and her friends, which actually isn't a bad idea. Mom's friends are fun!

Going out for a little while, and then home before the clock strikes midnight. At midnight of course we'll enjoy our traditional meal of lentils. Of course throughout the evening we'll be wearing our red underwear! I'm not superstitious as a rule, but these New Year's traditions are hard to break.

My German grandmother always made lentil soup for New Years!
Some tradition:confused3

I love it, but if I make it I can't find anyone else willing to even try it because it looks so offputting.

We're just hanging at my boyfriend's house, just the 2 of us.
Much food, wine and champagne, a fire, and ;)
Sounds perfect to me:lovestruc

We were going to a friends house who was having a casual New Years Eve party but now I've got a horrible cold with a hacking cough so there goes that plan.

We'll just stay home now, have some appetizers and watch the ball drop in NY.

Heading out to a restaurant at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. Reservation is early enough to enjoy some of the festivities downtown but miss the craziness closer to midnight. At midnight step out of my house and enjoy the fireworks from my steps.

Happy New Year Everyone. Stay Safe whatever your plans are!

Same as Christmas eve and Christmas, unfortunately; I'll be at work when the ball drops. Ho hum. :surfweb:

We're having a friend over for wine and stuff in the evening. But we won't be up for mid-night.

I made lentils twice last week. How do you make them? I love making them the "Italian way," as my father calls it, with spaghetti. Mmmm...:woohoo:

We always make them the in the Italian New Year's traditional way - in kind of a thick soup with vegetables, served with sausage.

My German grandmother always made lentil soup for New Years!
Some tradition:confused3

I love it, but if I make it I can't find anyone else willing to even try it because it looks so offputting.

Yes lentils and other legumes on New Year's is a tradition in many countries. Who knows when the tradition started, but since they are in the shape of coins the superstition is that they bring prosperity in the new year.

Yes lentils and other legumes on New Year's is a tradition in many countries. Who knows when the tradition started, but since they are in the shape of coins the superstition is that they bring prosperity in the new year.

Lentils and legumes?! Pork and saurkraut on New Year's Day is what brings prosperity for the New Year silly!!!! :rolleyes:

Lentils and legumes?! Pork and saurkraut on New Year's Day is what brings prosperity for the New Year silly!!!! :rolleyes:

Well the lentils in my dish are served with pork sausage, so I get the best of the luck of both worlds. ;)

I'm surprised that no one picked up on my "red underwear" tradition from an earlier post.

Well the lentils in my dish are served with pork sausage, so I get the best of the luck of both worlds. ;)

I'm surprised that no one picked up on my "red underwear" tradition from an earlier post.

Ummmmm, it only works with the saurkraut. I hated the stuff when I was little but my dad always made us eat a couple strands.

And I did pick up on the red underwear....I was just afraid to ask.....

NYE is a good nite to keep off the roads . . . amateur night. I plan to have a wild night of staying home backing up the data (photos and videos mostly) off my iMAC and Macbook Pro and reformatting the two hard-drives so I start 2011 with a proverbial "clean-slate" . . . I will be lucky if I see midnight.

DR NYKCB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter