What are your mornings like?

I do make an itinerary because for me it makes the vacation last longer. If it is an early morning at a park we will try to be there. We usually stay for 10 days so the first few exciting mornings we go directly there. After that we go when we wish, come back to CBR to relax and go elsewhere or out to dinner. We went for five days the first time and it was just not enought time to do it leisurely. I would love to go for 14 days because both my children love being at the resort.
donna

Since we generally travel during the school year around a holiday, we're used to getting up early, so we just do it. My DH loves to come back during the day and watch a movie in the room. DD (17) and I love to go to the pool, shop, whatever. My daughter always tells her friends who come along that we need to get up and going early to do the best stuff before the crowds.

For those of you who take the leisurely approach to the start of each park day, do you find yourself standing in lines a lot? (To me, a line with over 30 minutes wait time is too long.) Or do Fastpasses take care of that issue?

I'm an early riser and love arriving when the parks are less crowded, but it's always a challenge getting everyone else up. But while they drag and grump some at first, by the time we arrive at the park of the day they're eager for fun.

We are not quite laid back but not rushing for rope drop either. Once one of us is up, the rest usually follow pretty quickly after. We get up, get ourselves together, head for breakfast and then it's off to the parks.

For those of you who take the leisurely approach to the start of each park day, do you find yourself standing in lines a lot? (To me, a line with over 30 minutes wait time is too long.) Or do Fastpasses take care of that issue?

I'm an early riser and love arriving when the parks are less crowded, but it's always a challenge getting everyone else up. But while they drag and grump some at first, by the time we arrive at the park of the day they're eager for fun.

We don't usually wait on too many lines. We use Fastpass every chance we get as well as the child swap lines for those that my youngest can't do, due to height restrictions (or just doesn't want to do).

I have to be at work at 6:45 so my body clock wakes me up - no matter what - at 5:00-5:30 It doesn't undertstand that I am on vacation and would like JUST ONCE to sleep! DH teases me and says that Disney is quite capable of turing off the light on Spaceship Earth and I don't have to wake up to do it. It's just DH and I now (empy nesters) so I'll spend time time on balcony just taking it all in and then I "quietly" shower, make a cup of tea and then go for a walk. 99% of our trips we are at BCV so I love the early morning walk around the lake. By the time I get back to the room, DH is usually up. We may go to breakfast now and then but are usually in the parks by 9-9:30 am. Th early morning walks are so peaceful.

We are completely the same. My body wakes up the same time every morning for work so even of my days off I am still wide awake. I like to go sit by the pool and watch the early risers filing into the food court for the mugs of coffee or the occasional early bird family walking to the bus stops. For once in my life I would love to be at MK for rope drop early in the morning because I have not experienced this. Maybe my upcoming trip, even if I have to leave the family behind.

We are completely the same. My body wakes up the same time every morning for work so even of my days off I am still wide awake. I like to go sit by the pool and watch the early risers filing into the food court for the mugs of coffee or the occasional early bird family walking to the bus stops. For once in my life I would love to be at MK for rope drop early in the morning because I have not experienced this. Maybe my upcoming trip, even if I have to leave the family behind.

Same here. I have never made it for rope drop at MK. We made it 2x last year at DHS because of TSM. I am really gonna try for MK this year. And we are from Western NY too. :goodvibes

What are your mornings like? Are they hectic? Are you trying to go to the parks as quick as you can or are they laid back? After we wake up we usually enjoy the quiet peaceful walk from our room across the river from our room at POR to our breakfast spot w/our forever mugs in hand. Then off to the parks and then starts the craziness.

The first morning is pretty relaxed. We head down to the food court (DS has to have his Mickey waffle lol!), have a nice breakfast, then catch the bus to the MK. The rest of the mornings DH and DS sleep in while I head to the parks....not rope drop early though. I'm not much for breakfast so I usually just hop on whatever bus stops by first and head off to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter