What are your kids must do's?

luxlvr

Mouseketeer
Taking our first cruise soon. When it comes to the world we know exactly what we like and I make sure to plan those thing in accordingly. Having never been on DCL (or any other cruise for that matter) we don't know what we will want to do and what I need to book ahead of time.

DS 9 loves Star Wars and Legos. Anything action or adventure related.

DS 7 wants to be a chef and LOVES water slides and roller coasters.

DD 5 princesses, tea parties and pink are all of her favorite things.

So what is your child's MUST do or favorite thing they've ever done?

TIA!!

My youngest is 10. For her it was all about spending time in the lab, eating ice cream, playing in the pool, having lunch just with me (you could take turns with each child so they have a mommy date), watching a movie in the theater. She liked meeting some of the characters but was pretty meh about others that I thought she'd love. I liked the Disney Jr. breakfast better than both girls probably but it was still fun for all of us. The Marvel characters I think are a most do as they are probably new to them.

My youngest is 10. For her it was all about spending time in the lab, eating ice cream, playing in the pool, having lunch just with me (you could take turns with each child so they have a mommy date), watching a movie in the theater. She liked meeting some of the characters but was pretty meh about others that I thought she'd love. I liked the Disney Jr. breakfast better than both girls probably but it was still fun for all of us. The Marvel characters I think are a most do as they are probably new to them.
I just teared up thinking about one on one time with each of them! Love these ideas!! Thanks!!

Depends on ship but DS loves:
Detective Agency
Aqua duck
Goofy golf
Super sloppy science
Comedy / magic shows
Ice cream
Dance parties
Animators Palette animation show
Meal times!

He is not bothered about meeting characters if there are lines, but enjoys seeing them out and about occasionally and the last night gathering where you can get to meet several characters with very little wait.

I have 2 girls, but they love the aqua-duck slide, the 24/7 soft serve ice-cream, dressing fancy for dinner, the theatre shows, the kids club was a HUGE hit, castaway cay, having breakfast on the verandah, warm cookies & milk from room service each night.... Everything really! It's the best va-ca ever!!

DS9, who sounds a lot like yours especially the Legos, LOVES the kids club, jet skiing with DH at Castaway, LOVES the kids club, the bacon at breakfast (he says it's the best anywhere), LOVES the kids club...it's all about the kids club for him. But he is an only child and very social. He is especially liked that we gave him sign in and out privileges. He was always on time and we had zero problems with it.

You're going to LOVE it! On both of our DCL cruises, my daughter & I dressed in our comfy clothes (pjs for her, yoga pants for me) & bought popcorn & watched a movie together in the Theatre "late night". Special times!

Two boys here. My 8 yo just says "everything." He really likes the independence and meeting new friends on his own. Staying out till 12 or 1AM in the Kids Club and shutting it down is his absolute favorite thing though because he does it nightly.

My 11 yo likes being able to do the Edge and Oceaneer's Club. He is very shy and was even able to make new friends and ride the Aquaduck with them. He also likes watching movies in the pool. I think his absolute favorite thing is snuggling in that comfy big bed with the movement and me delivering his favorite foods and drinks to him.

My 10 year old DS seemed to be most happy just relaxing on our last cruise - hanging with family (lots of extended family all together), eating, swimming, etc. My almost 9 year old DS spent as much time as possible in the Kids Club, and won the Piston Cup Challenge :) We gave him an old iPhone with the navigator App on it so he knew what exact things were happening in Club/Lab and when AND we could text him/he us to see where he was at. Together the boys went to movies and liked the freedom of going to get ice cream with a parent.

My 3 year old DD LOVED the Royal Court Tea Party (only on the Fantasy and very limited seating). We did it in Feb and she's still going on about it. Expensive but the highlight of her year, no doubt. Our group at the Disney Jr character breakfast were ages 3-7 and they all enjoyed it; my DS's asked to pass.

You're going to LOVE it! On both of our DCL cruises, my daughter & I dressed in our comfy clothes (pjs for her, yoga pants for me) & bought popcorn & watched a movie together in the Theatre "late night". Special times!
This is so cute!!!!!

Family karaoke! It is so fun to get up on stage with the kids and sign along to a favorite song.

My DD who was 5 when she went on her first Disney cruise loved a few things....She LOVED the "Meet the Princesses" gathering, she LOVED getting her hair braided on deck, She loved the shows. She tried the kids club...but she enjoyed spending time with me instead.
THIS time, I also promised her Bibbidy Bobbity boutique (was not on the DREAM the last time we sailed, but is now).
We're also going to do the Halloween stuff as it's a Sept. Cruise...so I'm sure she'll like trick or treatin' too.

There are Marvel Characters?!? Are these part of the m&g tickets?
It was/is a race...think boy scout's pinewood derby made out of a potato and a carrot and what have you......some fun! silly, but fun
Where do you sign up for this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter