• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your kids going to be for Halloween?

amyup said:
My 5 year old is going to be Willy Wonka

How, cute! I'd love to see that. We'll have to do an after Halloween show-off-the-costumes-thread. :sunny:

DD has been Jasmine at 3, Snow White at 2, a Pooh Honey Pot at 1 and a Pooh Sunflower at 3 months and this year... SIMBA. The cute one, not the ones that they sell now where the childs head looks like te animals mouth.
She is sooo cute and has been playing SIMBA since we got the costume in the mail. Got it for a great price on ebay at the end of June.

Tink123 said:
not the ones that they sell now where the childs head looks like te animals mouth.

Don't you hate those? Those just look so goofy to me.

4greatboys said:
Not sure yet about the teens--they like to dress up in off things like being a ketchup packet.

Last year,my DD (then 10) wanted to be a wallet. I'm hoping that's what she wants to be this year too - although I don't know if she will be too cool to go trick or treating now that she is in middle school.

f6742833.jpg

My DD is going to be Hermione from Harry Potter ala POA movie. She didn't want just the robe - she wanted the whole Hogwarts uniform (the charcoal grey one with the burgundy lined robe, not the light grey one with the plain robe). I already have everything right down to the wand, the lantern to use as a flashlight. All I do have to do is add the burgundy trim to the sweater & get her a cauldron to use as a trick or treat bag & she is good to go. :wizard:

clh2 said:
Last year,my DD (then 10) wanted to be a wallet. I'm hoping that's what she wants to be this year too - although I don't know if she will be too cool to go trick or treating now that she is in middle school.

f6742833.jpg

That's a creative costume!

I have never seen a wallet costume before. :teeth:

As an "older" mom and a not very creative one, too, I am so happy that my costume days are behind me. I hate to see my youngest grow up (12), but some things better left in the past. I think he was a ghoul for four years and DD was an old lady for five years!

Jenn Lynn said:
I asked DD and she said she wants to be a cat. I need to find a cute, age appropriate, black cat outfit.

I was thinking DS should be a mouse. ;)

This is easy, especially since DD has been a cat about 4 times now. You get black sweatpants, black sweatshirt or turtleneck (or other weather appropriate clothing-we are in Minnesota, so it is usually cool on Halloween). They sell cat ears and tails in the Halloween aisles, paint some whiskers and a black or pink nose and off she goes!

DD want to be a cat, again. They boys haven't said anything yet. Our oldest is really too old to trick or treat, but he loves to do it and he is really small for his age so it is the one time being short is good in his eyes (he is the same size as our 10 year olds).

DS 11 has let his hair grow long this summer so he wants to be Conner from Angel. He is getting his weapons ready
His friend is going to be spike
He was going to be spike but now that his hair is long he can't.

My DD 6 is going to be Jasmine and my DS 8 isn't sure if he even wants to dress up. I thought he would be great as Harry Potter, but I'm leaving it up to him.

Darth Vader and a Storm Trooper. They play with these costumes all the time so I'm not buying anything else. Plus they got light sabers for their birthday. This is the earliest I have ever known what they'll be.

DS 8 has decided he want to be Darth Vadar (he got the talking head/voice changer mask for his birthday)

Haven't decided for DD 2 yet, maybe Tinkerbelle.

We all used to dress up (we used to throw a big Halloween party for our clogging team) and I tried to talk them into it this year.....but haven't had any luck. Thought it would be cool for DH to be Captain Hook, me Wendy,
DS Peter Pan and DD Tinkerbelle.

I saw the cutest twins one year (boy/girl) they were about 2 or 3 and they were Raggedy Ann and Andy......it was so cute.

DS has been (7) - Legalos
(6) - Lion
(5) - Bob the Builder
(4) - Spiderman
(3) - Batman
(2) - Woody (this was the cutest as he is so tall & skinny)
(1) - Superman (complete with geled Superman do)
(3 mo) - baby leopard

DD has been (1) - Minnie Mouse
(7 mo) - baby leopard

not sure I wanted to do Cinderella, Jacques and Gus Gus, but I feel bad that my boys are getting jipped. So I am considering Woody, Jessie and BUzz , or maybe Mike, Sully and Boo. Also if I dare to do none disney themed Dorothy, Scarecrow and Lion. ANy thoughts LOL

Emily is going as a firefighter, Hannah will be a dalmation.

That is the latest. Stay tuned because it is subject to change. (Emily has mentioned being Spiderman)

Denae

This year DD5 wants to be tinkerbell. We will be at the MK for her birthday this year(the day before halloween). She was Baby bop when she was 1, a pumpkin when she was 2, Marie the cat from the Aristocats when she was three and four and Snow White last year.

DD6 can't decide between Jasmine and Darth Vader. DS2 will probably be Peter Pan. We've got to decide soon, because my mom always makes the costumes. In the past we've had this figured out by August at the latest. Guess DD and grandma will have to go shopping when grandma flies up for grandparents' day in a few weeks. :)

My dd 5 wants to be Belle or Johnny Damon of the Red Sox lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter