• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your kids going to be for Halloween this year?

How fun! My son wanted to be the doctor this year, but wanted to be David Tennant (his favorite) and that would be hard to pull off. I tried to get him to go the fez and bowtie route, but he didn't want to.

I would live to see the finished costumes!

Normally, I just lurk on the DIS but couldn't resist responding to this one....

DS (10.5) decided last night that he wanted to go as the 11th Doctor. So this morning I bought him boots (Target), a fez (halloween pop-up store) and a checked blazer (thrift store). The bow tie he already has...( it is blue and not red, but I think he can live with that).

For some reason my kids couldn't be the same things they were for Comic Con this year. No, they needed 2nd costumes ;)

So, DD(15) is being Dean Winchester from Supernatural (her friends are going to be other characters from the show)

DS(10) is going to be a "phantom of darkness" whatever that means :rotfl:

For Comic Con they looked awesome!! DS was The Onceler from The Lorax, and DD was Tony Stark! People were taking pictures with them, it was so cool!

You might be suprised! Last year my oldest went as Aurther Dent ( bathrobe, towel, and guide in hand) when they saw a ginger in a green bathrobe, towel slung over his sholder and his guide with Don't Panic on the front, and several adults yelled Aurther Dent and took pictures with him, thumbs out to Hitch hike :)

If you lived in my area, you would reduce several adults and children to tears with the weeping angel.......

I think the Angel is the best of the bunch now that I have all three costumes more or less finished, but the Dalek was the most fun to make. What other costume requires a plunger, a whisk, a set of salt & pepper shakers, a half-dozen glow sticks, a colander, styrofoam balls, yards of costume satin, a cut up water bottle... Oh, and duct tape. And hot glue. It is truly a marvel of improvisation. :rotfl:

Normally, I just lurk on the DIS but couldn't resist responding to this one....

DS (10.5) decided last night that he wanted to go as the 11th Doctor. So this morning I bought him boots (Target), a fez (halloween pop-up store) and a checked blazer (thrift store). The bow tie he already has...( it is blue and not red, but I think he can live with that).

Love it! I tried to talk DS into that Doctor but the 4th was his "first" thanks to late-night reruns on some broadcast channel that I'm not even sure we get here at home, so it had to be that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter