What are your kids' favorite things to eat in the parks?

corinne76

DIS Veteran
There's so many things I want to eat! But I realize the kids aren't big foodies and sitting and eating takes up a lot of time, so food won't be our focus.

So to save time (and money), I do want to get in just some DLR specific food that the kids will enjoy as well.

What is a "can't miss it" food for your kids?

My kids are really kid-food eaters. Think churros and corn dogs and beignets. (We have yet to try corn dogs and beignets, and they are definitely on the list) What else would you suggest?

Edit: what sit down (CS or TS) have some good kid food? We will likely eat at flos so ds can get a bucket but other than that we're pretty open to suggestion. We will likely bring sandwiches but will need to eat one meal in the park

Last edited:
My kiddos love Dole Whip, churros and caramel apples (although we usually take those home and cut them up -- they get pretty messy).

My kids like eating at Tomorrowland Terrace during the Jedi show. I prefer Hungry Bear because it has a more isolated, relaxing feel.

Mine like the fruit stand pineapple slices, a treat from the candy shop, Bengal BBQ skewers, those bagel twists they have in the Princess Fantasy Faire area (both the garlic cheese and strawberry kinds), baked potatoes from that little snack shack in front of HM, some of the things at the Mexican restaurant near BTMRR whose name escapes me at the moment, and the sandwiches or soup in a breadbowl from Pacific Wharf in DCA. And anything from Ghirardelli.

Keep em coming!
I just checked the menu for Tomorrowland Terrace. Looks like one to put on my list since they have chicken nuggets. Ds is 4. he loves chicken in any kind of nugget form :)

I want to try the Bengal BBQ skewers LOL

In my opinion the kids' meals are not very good. They have one that is like yogurt, crackers, and applesauce with milk. Umm, those are snacks and you could just bring them yourself. The toddler meal is mac and cheese at almost every CS place. The burger places tend to offer burgers and fruit for kids. The Mexican places do offer rice and chicken for toddler and a small burrito for kids. I've decided the kids' meals are out on this next trip.

My kids are 2 and almost 5. They're good eaters, but are also distracted by the fun. We eat breakfast in the hotel. My tentative dining plan for our upcoming trip includes:
*Sharing an adult chicken and fries meal at Laughing Stock.
*Sharing a corn dog from the cart with fruit and veggies from home
*Rancho Del Zocalo (husbands fav), they'll share our food and we may buy a side of extra beans
*A late character breakfast to count as lunch (DS2 is free)
*Buying a whole pizza at the pizza place in DCA to share as a family with fruit and veggies from home.
*I'm going to bring their own lunch of yogurt, etc. on two of the days, they'll get to pick a special treat later that day
*Smokejumpers grill, not sure if I'll let them have a kid's meal each or have them share an adult meal
*Sharing a sandwich from Earl of Sandwich

For us it's cheaper to eat in the parks than other outside restaurants because we save our Disney Visa points for park food.

I have a very picky 8 year old. Her favorites are churros, ice cream (Cozy Cone and Clarabelle's in DCA), an empty bread bowl with butter, pasta (with no sauce) or a slice of the adult pizza from the Pizza and Pasta place in the Paradise Pier area. We try to get a banana or fruit bowl, but have run into times when they are out of them. She won't touch the kids power pack because she is convinced that the yogurt has "things" in it.

So my DS loves the power pack lunch. Yes it's a bunch of snack stuff but he isn't a big eater and it's all things he likes. I have a list of every location I can find this for him, he pretty much lived off them on our last trip and I'm sure our upcoming one will be the same. It's also convenient because if you don't want to eat at a place it's offered it's something really easy just to grab for the kids and take with you to where the adults want to eat (comes in a paper bag). He also likes the corn dogs and nuggets. Try the Stage Door Cafe, that's a place we stop multiple times per trip, they have the power pack and nuggets. I even got a kids chicken nugget meal there for myself a couple times for a light lunch. My DD enjoys a turkey leg, corn dogs, and will probably go for a baked potato this trip from Harbour Galley (on my list of places to try).

So my DS loves the power pack lunch. Yes it's a bunch of snack stuff but he isn't a big eater and it's all things he likes.

My annoyance is that they charge about $7 for food I can bring into the park for a fraction of the price. But if you're traveling light and it's what your kid likes...We drive so we bring some snacks with us.

This is a must do on all of our trips. I love those baked potatoes!
In all my trips I've never stopped there to eat! It was on my list of places to try last trip but it just never happened so I'm really looking forward to trying it this August.

My annoyance is that they charge about $7 for food I can bring into the park for a fraction of the price. But if you're traveling light and it's what your kid likes...We drive so we bring some snacks with us.
I hear ya, it is expensive and I could bring it myself for MUCH cheaper but we do fly down and for me vacation is about just eating what we want and not really worrying about the cost.

My son was 7 the first time he tried the Cafe Orleans Monte Cristo and Pomme Frites, we are not allowed to go do DL without eating there! He was quite the picky eater at that point, so we were pretty shocked! He also votes for the churro bites at the Cozy Cone in DCA.

Hmmm. Sounds like moday of the kids meals contain something with dairy. At 4 yrs old, ds has only now not tested positive for a dairy allergy. We tried one small sip and he got an upset tummy. Not sure if we will persue it ir just assume he still can't have any. I have an allergy and dh a lactose intolerance. So it's likelt ds can't eat dairy anyway.

Like i said, chicken :) last trip he was 2 and refused to eat anything so we heated up nuggets and brought some into the park each day to fulfill one meal.

He's outgrown his wheat allergy so that does make things a lil easier.

Don't shoot me, but i live in hawaii. We have the Dole plantation here and can get dole whips anytime
JEALOUS!! My second vote is another snack, Mickey beignets at the Mint Julep Bar (located on the train station side of the French Market). You can get a bag of six to share for $7.19. Much cheaper than buying everyone ice creams!

Our kids love Pizza Port, Hungry Bear and of course the corn dogs. Most places either have macaroni or chicken nuggets. We also bring in snacks for them (pretzels, clementine oranges, raisins, 100 calorie snack packs, etc.). We bring frozen gogurts and uncrustable PB sandwiches too in case they don't want what we are eating or they just want to eat before everyone else is ready. Then they sometimes share a meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter