What are your kids asking for Christmas?

Both of my kids (DD12 & DS turning 10 shortly) want either Ipod nano's, ginea pigs or rabbits... UGH... the animal wanting is never going to end.

DS10 wants duct tape. He loves to build stuff out of duct tape. If he had his way, he'd go through a roll of it a week. He also wants broken VCR's, TV's etc... He enjoys taking them apart. I'm having a tough time figuring what to get him - I can't just wrap up a sleave of duct tape and a broken TV <sigh> I'll be anxiously watching your thread to see if any suggestions sound up his alley.

My son is JUST like this! He takes everything apart, whether he's supposed to or not. He rarely puts anything back together.

Anyone want an 11 year old boy with an electric guitar to come live with them? :lmao:

Ah. It's not as bad as it may seem.
:)

My son started guitar lessons a little over a month ago, and it is actually very neat how they learn so quickly.

He will love his guitar!

My son has a Torino TR-1/WR guitar :

http://www.gregbennettguitars.com/tr1.html

It is a super nice guitar, and we got it for a great price, brand new.

DS14 and DD11 are getting gift cards for the main gift, to the local mall. They are off for 2 weeks and the sales AFTER XMAS are amazing. Along the lines of Black Friday in the US.

They both have some clothing, and small things to open, but as they are slightly older, they realize that most of the things they want (electronic or otherwise) are MUCH cheaper after XMAS, and they get more for their buck.:thumbsup2

Ah. It's not as bad as it may seem.
:)

My son started guitar lessons a little over a month ago, and it is actually very neat how they learn so quickly.

He will love his guitar!

My son has a Torino TR-1/WR guitar :

http://www.gregbennettguitars.com/tr1.html

It is a super nice guitar, and we got it for a great price, brand new.

That's great info! Thanks! I think my son will absolutely LOVE playing the guitar. He's been wanting one for 2 years, so I think it's safe to say it's not just a "fad" that he wants this.

DS16 has asked for a dirt bike for probably 3 years and will continue to ask for that because that is wayyyy too much money to spend.:lmao:

He's getting a like new laptop. My husband works for a leasing company that in early Sept repo'd 150 almost new laptops. Wiped them and then sold them to employees for 150.00 first come first serve. We got 2, one for me, as I need one to work from home if need be...and he's getting one for Christmas.

He's also getting a school sweatshirt, and maybe a sports magazine subscription.

DS11 wants an electric guitar and amp. So that is what he is getting.:scared1: Anyone want an 11 year old boy with an electric guitar to come live with them? :lmao:

He's also getting some fishing lures, a sweatshirt with our school logo, and a new book to read (Diary of a Whimpy Kid)

DD9 has mentioned a few things here and there but not really anything for her "big" gift. I more than likely will not get her one "big" thing...but a few smaller items.

She is very into drawing and art things so I am thinking like maybe a sketch pad and one of the nicer kits of colored pencils, watercolors, paints.
Other than that, she is typically easy so I wait until closer to Christmas to finalize her shopping because she changes so often between now and then.
I may also get her a camera (not super expensive) for her to take pics on and videos since she loves to mess with my camera.

Get her one of those little flip video cameras that can upload straight to the computer. We use those as prizes at the library and the kids LOVE them.

DD10 wants:

a cell phone (which she is not getting)
a laptop (which she is not getting)
a camcorder (which I am concidering the FLIP but JUST got her a very nice camera for her birthday last month so I don't know)

sooooo.....I am really going to have to think on her. She doesn't like "toys" and never really has. (When she was 3 she asked for a fondue pot :confused3) She has a camera, an iPod nano, a Nintendo DSi and we have a Wii system. Mostly she likes creative things and electronics. If anyone has suggestions...I am open!

DD5 is easy...she wants:

the entire American Girl store and every Barbie ever created. :laughing:

But both of them are getting a fabulous Disney World vacation 2 wks before Christmas so mom and dad aren't buying much this year. Looks like they will have to rely on Santa and their grandparents for the good stuff!!:goodvibes

Wow! Some great ideas on here! Last year I asked same question and the big thing for little girls was those Zhu Zhu pets which ended up costing double what they normally did since they were such high demand:rolleyes:

DD9 is hard to shop for. She likes gift cards but I like her to have something to open. We went to disney for her birthday last week, so we didnt do birthday gifts for her. Last year she asked for $5 for her birthday... So that's what we gave her and she was thrilled!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

She wants an Ipod Touch. But she has an Ipod, PSP, DS, Laptop, and we have a PS3 and Wii. She is like her father and loves electronics. DH told her that if he gets an IPad she can have his Ipod Touch... Well thanks for skipping over me!

I think I will just keep listening to her talk to her friends to see if they talk about what they want. :confused3 That might clue me in.

DD11 wants a North Face jacket, art supplies, and books.

DS9 wants the Lego Hogwarts Castle, and some games for DS or Wii.

DS3 wants the entire toy section on Target :scared1:, but will probably get some Toy Story Legos, Cars stuff, and maybe a simple board game. I saw a Cat in the Hat game that looked cute.

DD10 and DD7 want Pillow Pets (which they are getting from their Aunt) and new MP3 players (which they are probably getting from me - I need to watch the sales flyers...). They also want a puppy, which they are NOT getting.

DD16 wants the new Epic Mickey game for Wii, which I want too, so that's convenient ;).

The whole family got a trip to WDW 3 weeks ago, and it was understood that that was an early Xmas present this year for everyone, so the under-the-tree gifts may be a little sparse this year.

My DD has asked for a horse. She might actually get one if we can find a nice one before the holidays. Not quite sure how I'll wrap it though. :scratchin

DD12 wants a laptop, the Big Top Cupcake, cookie and donut pans (she's a kitchen gadget girl).

DD10 wants a .22 rifle to go hunting and target shooting with Daddy, so far that's the only thing she has told me.
:rotfl: Oh how I love your kids Kristi!!! Make sure you tell her "you'll shoot your eye out" :teeth:
DD9 is hard to shop for. She likes gift cards but I like her to have something to open. We went to disney for her birthday last week, so we didnt do birthday gifts for her. Last year she asked for $5 for her birthday... So that's what we gave her and she was thrilled!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

You are lucky my dd6 told her grandma that she wanted $20 bills for her birthday.. :lmao: I reminded grandma that she was the one that wanted the granddaughter! :lmao:

None of my kids have even mentioned Christmas yet.. My ds13 knows he's not getting much since we just got back from DW a couple weeks ago and that was part of his christmas..

DD12(will be 13 in Jan) has these items on her Xmas list:
The new iPod Touch (This we will buy for her)

Fin Fin Friends (MIL got this for her)

Squinkies (Santa already purchased)

Zoobles (Santa already purchased)

$100 Gift card to American Girl store (my dad already purchased)

Ambercrombie gift card (my mom will purchase)

DS7 has these items on his list:
Mighty Beanz

Bockugons

Playmobile school

All the Harry Potter Lego sets (The castle we purchased for him, one set is from Santa already purchased, the other sets are all purchased too one from each my mom, dad, and sister.

iPod Nano ( he already has one but likes the new one which DH just purchased for used in one of our cars, so he isn't getting this)

Indiana Jones Legos ( he needs 2 more sets to have the whole collection!)

Lego Miners set ( not sure what the set he wants is called, but he drew a picture of it! LOL)

iPad (because mommy hogs the one we have!:lmao: but he is not getting it)

Money

Mini build a bear peace bear (I already purchased)

I also purchased a bunch of packs of the mini Lego figures as a stocking stuffer.

Fin Fin Friends (MIL purchased)

DS15 asked for new bed. :confused3

Turns out his current twin sized mattress is only 70 inches long. He is over 6 ft. tall.

So the boy is getting a new bed for Christmas!!! :thumbsup2

DD12(will be 13 in Jan) has these items on her Xmas list:
The new iPod Touch (This we will buy for her)

Fin Fin Friends (MIL got this for her)

Squinkies (Santa already purchased)

Zoobles (Santa already purchased)

$100 Gift card to American Girl store (my dad already purchased)

Ambercrombie gift card (my mom will purchase)

DS7 has these items on his list:
Mighty Beanz

Bockugons

Playmobile school

All the Harry Potter Lego sets (The castle we purchased for him, one set is from Santa already purchased, the other sets are all purchased too one from each my mom, dad, and sister.

iPod Nano ( he already has one but likes the new one which DH just purchased for used in one of our cars, so he isn't getting this)

Indiana Jones Legos ( he needs 2 more sets to have the whole collection!)

Lego Miners set ( not sure what the set he wants is called, but he drew a picture of it! LOL)

iPad (because mommy hogs the one we have!:lmao: but he is not getting it)

Money

Mini build a bear peace bear (I already purchased)

I also purchased a bunch of packs of the mini Lego figures as a stocking stuffer.

Fin Fin Friends (MIL purchased)

What are Squinkies?

DS10 wants duct tape. He loves to build stuff out of duct tape. If he had his way, he'd go through a roll of it a week. He also wants broken VCR's, TV's etc... He enjoys taking them apart. I'm having a tough time figuring what to get him - I can't just wrap up a sleave of duct tape and a broken TV <sigh> I'll be anxiously watching your thread to see if any suggestions sound up his alley.

A boy after my dh's heart. :)
Does he use the parts and electronics after he has taken things apart? My dh and ds take everything we discard apart and strip it of all the circuits and resistors and stuff and then use the bread board (is that what its called) to make circuits. They are planning on making a weather station but dh needs to order something, I really only half pay attention :laughing:

You could get your ds a whole bunch of that kind of stuff if he is into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter