What Are Your First Day Traditions?

it depends when we arrive.

if it's very late, we check in and go to sleep.

If it's in the middle of the day (as has been the case for the past few years), we check in, then head over to the MK to buy our annual passes and then spend a few hours in the Magic Kingdom, but go back to the hotel very early, eat and crash (we have to travel for about 24 hours to get to WDW - 16 of those hours spent in an airplane flying, the rest on the ground waiting for planes - so we're pretty wiped out when we get there).

My vote goes for unpacking at the resort and heading to EPCOT for a lovely afternoon. I haven't changed that tradition in years. Future World is really nice in the late afternoon.

We always arrive on Saturday, so we head to the MK for Spectro and Wishes! A perfect way to start any WDW trip!

We usually get down there on a Sunday. Most of the day is spent traveling but we usually get there sometime in the afternoon. We check in at our resort and settle in. Once it gets a little later we make our way over to Fort Wilderness and catch the boat over to the MK. From there we jump on the monorail and ride it to the Ticket and Information Center where we catch the monorail to EPCOT and then all the way back. We started this when we used to stay at Fort Wilderness all the time. Now, even when we stay somewhere else, we still do it. It's a nice way to just take in some of the Disney feel without actually using a day to go to the park.

My DH is such a tradition geek!

Because Spaceship Earth was our first ever Disney experience ,it is always our first ride.
It is a great ride, and I love him so it will probably always be that way. :lovestruc

We go to our room, take a big breath to let it all sink in, then we head over to Big River Brewery for a beer :goodvibes

since i usually arrive earlier with DS#2, wife doesnt fly so DS#1 accompanies her on the train, we hit MGM and do his favorite rides TOT anf RnR. since DW and DS#1 arent thrill ride fans i do those rides with him and them we spend the rest of the day at MGM, or until the rest of our family arrives, then we go to eat at DD and just wing it from there.

Our flight is always early in the morning so we have a whole day to do stuff when we arrive. The one thing we would always do is visit my aunt who lives in Orlando. Then we would just come back to our resort and either swim in the pool or go to DTD. This year, since we're not renting a car, we can't go visit my aunt (but she will be joining us for one of our meals, hopefully Chef Mickey's). When we get there, it will probably be around 1 pm. Since check in isn't until 4 pm, we will just check out the resort (since we've never stayed at OKW before) and go in the pool. After check in, we will definitely go visit SSR, since we just bought a timeshare there, and then head over to DTD if it's not too late.

Wow, you poeple like to eat!
Our tradition is to ride the Rockin' Roller Coaster 1st thing!
Since we're at MGM we'll do dinner (Hollywood & Vine) and Fantasmic that night.
We always try to hit the Rockin' Roller Coaster last thing too!

192 dyas to go! :Pinkbounc

I always arrive at EPCOT my first day and ride SE. Vacation just wouldn't be the same without that intro to my trip :)

We don't have any "traditions" per se, but our first ride is almost always Pirates, and our last ride is almost always Spaceship Earth (as we're walking out of Epcot on our way to the airport :guilty: )

Well if our room is ready then we unpack and you have to turn on the tv and see the top attractions. This time it will be driving from Boyenton Beach after spending the day with my dad and then getting to Disney as fast as possible... Then get to our resort and head off to AK before having dinner at Ohannas that night... ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Our trips are typically DH and I - we don't have any kids.

We typically check in between 2 and 5pm - we've been lucky that our room is usually ready when we check in.

We unpack in the room, then "break in" the bed :love2:

Then it's off to Yacht & Beach club resort, to Beaches and Cream - bacon cheese burger (which we split), onion rings, and a chocolate malt.

I start to feel like i'm at Disney with the monorail at the airport, but it's not really a Disney vacation until we have a bacon cheese burger at Beaches and Cream!

Once we arrive and unpack its off to epcot for illuminations even though due to the time diference our body clock tells us its the early hours of the next day

JillU-DVC said:
Our trips are typically DH and I - we don't have any kids.

We typically check in between 2 and 5pm - we've been lucky that our room is usually ready when we check in.

We unpack in the room, then "break in" the bed :love2:

Then it's off to Yacht & Beach club resort, to Beaches and Cream - bacon cheese burger (which we split), onion rings, and a chocolate malt.

I start to feel like i'm at Disney with the monorail at the airport, but it's not really a Disney vacation until we have a bacon cheese burger at Beaches and Cream!

oh my, I feel the same way about that stupid airport tram! :D

It really is Disney from that point on.

We normally arrive in Orlando at around 11:00 am. We get to the hotel drop our bags and head straight for MK. We always do POTC first and finish that night with LTT and fireworks!! pirate:

We typically arrive in the late afternoon/early evening, so we stop to get groceries, eat at Beaches & Cream, and get my DD hair wrap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter