• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your first 5 stops onboard?

Following (First Timer too). So you have to go to Deck 5 to get character meet and greet? Is this Deck 5 on all ships (Im sailing on the Magic..). About the kids club open house....is that drop in anytime or do we have to sign up? Also what time do the drills start?? Im planning on boarding around 12:30ish, so I want to make sure Im not gonna miss tickets...

For the meet and greets, the location can vary but it will be posted in the navigator you receive upon check in. Kids club open house hours will also be posted in the navigator, and you don't have to sign up. The muster drill usually starts at 4pm. I've never went to get meet and greet tickets myself, but I've read that most people have no trouble getting them regardless of boarding time, but if it's very important to you, I would make that your first stop when you board.

Aby

So, if you don't have a ticket for a character meet and greet, you don't get a picture with them or aren't allowed to get in line ? Several years ago on our first cruise, characters were everywhere and you would just go up to one you wanted a picture with and stand in line for it.

So, if you don't have a ticket for a character meet and greet, you don't get a picture with them or aren't allowed to get in line ? Several years ago on our first cruise, characters were everywhere and you would just go up to one you wanted a picture with and stand in line for it.

Characters will be all around and anyone can wait in line through out the cruise. Some of the more popular or new characters like Ana and Elsa need tickets. Also the time when 4 -5 princesses are out at one time (Princess Gathering) you need a ticket for that as well.

I hope this helps. :)

1. Aqua Duck/Dunk
2. Lunch at Cabanas
3. Get tickets for character breakfast/ meet and greets/ drink tasting or other special activities.
4. Palo to get a dinner reservation if we don't already have one
5. cabin

This is fun. (Just a couple of months until our next cruise - yay!)

Read navigator before boarding.

1. Hubby goes to Guest services for any tickets/tastings etc.
2. DD and I go to the spa to schedule our massage
3. Lunch (location varies)
4. Cabin to drop off carry on luggage, sanitize room* and put up door decorations
5. Aquaduck

*Note: This isn't a knock on Disney. I sanitize every hotel room, condo or cruise cabin when we arrive. It's a germaphobe thing!

How does this change if you are concierge level? Do I still need to wait for tickets and go sign up for tastings?
Thanks!

1) Drinks and snacks in the Concierge Lounge
2) Start unpacking
3) Pool/AquaDuck/AquaDunk
4) DVC Members Celebration
5) Cruise group meet

1) Lunch (usually cabana's. DH may go to Flo's [Fantasy] for a hamburger) :woohoo:
2) Wander around ship to get acclimated :thumbsup2
3) Go to room and unpack (send DH somewhere else, anywhere, just somewhere else) :duck:
4) Muster Drill is a must :sail:
5) Avoid upper decks. Wave at people as we pull out of port and look for dolphins (I haven't seen any yet) :fish:

Am I right to assume that the spa is the place to go on Day 1 to see if I can reschedule a massage? That's not all done at "Port Adventures", right? (I can't wait until I'm not a newbie anymore!! LOL!)

Um... it's my first time but I think my entire plan looks like the rest of my week of cruising... find somewhere quiet to sit with ocean views where i can breathe in the salt air and... yeah, that's about it.

If you are anything like me, embarkation day is a day that you have planned out thoroughly. And the first few hours-for me at least-have pretty much the same pattern on every Disney sailing. What are your first five "must-do's" onboard a Disney Cruise on embarkation day? Mine are as follows:

Go up to deck 5 port excursions desk and get tickets for all complimentary events

Go to Cabanas and enjoy lunch while seated as close to the windows as possible

Enter in Spa raffle

Take kids to the Open house at the Oceaneers club.

Head toward the staterooms to unpack and enjoy the room before heading to the muster drill.:beach:

Out of curiosity, what are some of the complimentary events offered at the excursions desk?

Great thread! See lots of similar posters but here are mine:

1. Guest services to book excursions
2. Grab food somewhere (varies -- Cabanas is usually a madhouse by the outdoor eating area is frequently dead)
3. Currents for a drink (expect to it will be Signals when we go on the Magic)
4. Explore the ship a bit
5. Stateroom

Then the fun starts!

The Concierge Hosts will take care of that for you.
Thank you!

So when we go to the Lounge tickets, reservations/ concerns are all handled there? From there is there anything that is a must do or get out of the way now item?

Thank you!

So when we go to the Lounge tickets, reservations/ concerns are all handled there? From there is there anything that is a must do or get out of the way now item?
No, they will take care of all the following: meet & greet tickets, Palo & Remy reservations/changes, spa, nursery times, excursions, cabanas, special needs or requests. I am not 100% sure they can do dining rotation changes, but probably. Also, if you need a kids club band, the concierge check in person did that for us when we arrived at the terminal.

No, they will take care of all the following: meet & greet tickets, Palo & Remy reservations/changes, spa, nursery times, excursions, cabanas, special needs or requests. I am not 100% sure they can do dining rotation changes, but probably. Also, if you need a kids club band, the concierge check in person did that for us when we arrived at the terminal.
Wow! This sounds so amazing! I am so excited for this trip!!!
Thank you for all of the help!

1. Lunch - Buffet -we are not breakfast eaters and do early PAT so we are usually starving by the time we board.
2. Usually state room.
3. DVC reception
4. I guess this time I'll get princess meet and greet. On the Dream 2/3 years ago, they didn't ticket and if DH wants to do any tastings.
5. Muster Drill & then Sail Away (hopefully from the top).

This is a great thread! We are booked for our second cruise and the thing I'm most excited about is now we will know better how to do things and what will work best for our family! I feel like I spent our first cruise ever learning - it was fun but we didn't really settle in till Day 3.

For US our 5 stops will be:

1. Pick up Tix for Character breakfast and Princess M&G
2. Get our KTW cards straightened out right away - we book 2 connecting staterooms and it was a huge pain last time before everyone in our family got KTW access to both rooms. I was surprised by this since they were connecting. But now I know.
3. Lunch poolside this time, I think. We did sit down the first time and it felt too stifling with 3 eager young kids.
4. Get drinks from Signals. Eye Scream for kids.
5. Want to maybe try the Spa raffle this time - hoping to get lucky!

We are going to try for an early PAT this time so setting up the room will come later. Also we will NOT be going to the DVC event this time. And I'm going to vote for sail away on the verandah unless the kids REALLY want to go to the Sail Away party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter