• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your favorite restaurants for each meal (b, l, d) of the day?

disneybliss2

DIS Veteran
Curious to hear everyone's favorite restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You can choose all QS, all TS, or both. You can mix/match parks too--even if you don't normally get park hoppers; just want to hear everyone's favs.
Here's mine:
Breakfast:Chef Mickey's (Our only breakfast reservation we've had. Most days we eat in our room, so my girls love the treat of a breakfast reservation. I had to really convince my daughter that there are other options out there so we can try some other place for our upcoming trip. We have Crystal Palace & Tusker House lined up. So excited! I suspect my favorite restaurant for breakfast will change after our upcoming trip. For now, though, good ol' Chef Mickey's is our top).

Lunch: Sunshine Seasons, oh, how I love thee! This QS location is by far my favorite of all the parks. Love the options, huge portions, and I love the desserts that are yummolicious and so different from the standard, prepackaged desserts offered at so many other QS places.

Dinner: 'Ohana Love the delicious food! I also love the fun, Hawaiian atmosphere (overall atmosphere, coconut broom races, Hawaiian dancing, leis) that is so entertaining for my girls and makes for a great meal overall for the entire family.

So, those are my favorites for each meal of the day. What are yours? Can't wait to hear everyone's responses!

Breakfast - Crystal Palace / Pooh's puffed french toast and early park entry.... you can't lose

Lunch - Earl's of Sandwich / Fantastic sandwiches and a self serve soda fountain at a really cheap price

Dinner - Ohana / My absolute must haves are the pot stickers and the bread pudding

For food it would have to be Kona Cafe in the Polynesian resort. The Tuna Oscar has to be one of the bet meals I have had in my life. :surfweb: popcorn::

For fun/entertainment it would have to be Biergarten at the German pavilion in Epcot. :sad2:Don't gt me wrong the food is great (no 3 on my list for fave food) but it is the live entertainment that makes it an absolute must do for us every time.

For atmosphere it would have to be Coral Reef at the Seas in Epcot.:wizard: One wall of the restaurant is the Seas Aquarium. The food is very good too IMHO. :cool1::cool1: At one time it received horrible reviews but in the last 4-5 yrs the food has improved greatly.

Breakfast: Crystal Palace: love the atmoshere

Lunch: Yak & Yeti: letuce cups, ribs or steak/shrimp, and pineapple wontons with a Yak Attack

Dinner: Flying Fish: tomato mozzarella salad, mussels, and cheese plate (or if I'm really hungry or sharing: mussels, tomato/mozzarella salad, scallops with pumpkin risotto if they have it and if they don't have the pumpkin risotto that night, charcrusted NY Strip, cheese plate for dessert).

Breakfast: I love Akershus for the Princess Storybook Breakfast with my daughters. All you care to eat salmon and the cheesy potatoes? Sign me up. Tusker House is a close second though.

Lunch: Sanaa at AKL/KV. It's my favorite 1TS restaurant on property, and being open for lunch is a lovely thing. Tangerine Café in the Morocco Pavilion in Epcot is second. I enjoy it enough to forgo TS options for lunch in Epcot.

Dinner: Flying Fish. Assuming that V&A's is off the table. It's (currently) my favorite signature restaurant on property. A very lovely meal.

Breakfast: Tusker House. Even without children, I enjoy this one because of the huge selection of non-traditional breakfast items (I do not like typical breakfast fare).

Lunch: Turf Club. It's extremely quiet, has a decent menu and the views are nice.

Dinner: Victoria & Alberts for fine dining, bluezoo for a more informal meal.

BREAKFAST: Cape May Cafe'

LUNCH: Sci-Fi Dine-In

DINNER: (Victoria & Albert's) Yachtman's Steakhouse

Breakfast: BOMA
We tried chef Mickey and had a terrible experience. We have been to Boma and Crystal Palace several times.

Lunch: NORWAY Quick Service! We all love the sandwiches. We have been known to split CS credits here and still all leave full.

Dinner: Le Cellier (though lunch is good too but I like the dinner vibe better)

We have deluxe dining on this upcoming trip and we've vowed to try all new places: Breakfast at Tusker House, Lunch at Chefs de France, Yak & Yeti, Tutto Italia, Raglan Road, and Whispering Canyon (tech. we've been to the last one but its been 10+ years). Dinner at Hoop de Doo, Jiko, Cape May Cafe Clambake, and 50s Prime Time.

Just wish I had longer so we could try more places or at least some of our favorites!

I second Akershus breakfast. Great variety, we really enjoyed it on our last trip.

We got sandwiches for lunch at Krigla Bakery in Norway @ Epcot. We really enjoyed them! But I'm making sure we try lots of new things this trip! :thumbsup2

My husband still raves about the LTT dinner, and has requested it for our upcoming trip.

Breakfast-Kona or GF Cafe

Lunch-Chefs de France

Dinner- Hollywood Brown Derby

Kae

I have 2 sets of favorites:

Kona for bkfst, Yak and Yeti for lunch, Shulas for dinner

Olivias for bkfst, Gurgling Suitcase for lunch, Blue Zoo for dinner.

To note: we rarely eat lunch, so the 2 lunch spots are really just appetizers and drinks.

I just found out the Liberty Tree Tavern no longer serves their iconic vegetarian pot pie - that removes it from its spot as my favorite lunch!

W/ kids, my very favorites are the following:

Breakfast - Chef Mickey's
Lunch - Sci-Fi
Dinner - CRT

W/o kids, my very favorites are the following:

Breakfast - Grand Floridian Cafe
Lunch: Boulangerrie Patissierie
Dinner: California Grill

I also like breakfast (or lunch) at Crystal Palace. One of my favorite lunch restaurants is Liberty Tree Tavern. And we like 'Ohana for dinner too. So I guess those would be 2nd favorites - Crystal Palace (breakfast), Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch), & 'Ohana (dinner).

Breakfast- TS would be Kona Cafe or Crystal Palace. Fantastic selections at both!! CS would be the bounty platter at Pop Century.

Lunch-TS would be The Plaza. CS would be Captain Cooks-love their turkey clubs and soft serve. Flame Tree is another big favorite for us.

Dinner-TS would be the Biergarten-great entertainment and food. We also love HDDR. CS would be Tangierine Cafe for their lamb and chicken combo platters.

Breakfast- Crystal Palace. Family favorite.
Lunch-Yak & Yeti @ AK
Dinner-Chef Mickey, Liberty Tree Tavern

Only one,that's not fair;)

Breakfast : CP enjoy the food, love pooh:& Co.
Lunch: Mama Melrose to share flatbreads & a salad not to mention the cannoli cake
Dinner: Yachtsman

Honorable mention to WPE,Rose & Crown, Grand Floridian Cafe, Chefs de France & when we want to eat & watch a game :happytv:the ESPN Club.

Breakfast: Croissant from the Boardwalk or Main Street bakery, love them!
Breakfast Buffet: Tusker House in AK, we seldom do this but once in a while we have young guests and they have one of the best charracter breakfast and the food is fresh!

Lunch QS: Tangerine Cafe, The Lamb & Chicken Schwarma platter with cous-cous, lentils and bread, yum! Lunch Signature: Chefs, French Onion Soup & Hamburger w/ Bernaise Sauce

Dinner: Todd's English Blue Zoo, love the Tuna Tartare, the Parmesan Garlic Fries and every thing else on that menu!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter