• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your favorite off site restaurants?

We found another *great* pizza place - Giordano's is good, too..but...

Pasquale's
is amazing!

It's on the 27N, in the little mall next to Walgreen's (at the 2rd set of lights past the 192 junction..one mile from it)

The take out window was packed, the Wedding Soup is wonderful..and we had the spinach/chicken pie...

And the calzones....oh... :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

My mouth is watering.. :teeth:

:sunny:

mom2isaac&ella said:
We were thinking of trying this one out since we will be staying at the Doubletree in DTD. What's it like & how are the prices?

Best way I could describe it is a slightly more upscale Bahama Breeze/Margaritaville. Quietier than either of those, though; to put it in perspective, this has become my default "first date" restaurant. :teeth: Definite Caribbean feel to the decor and (to an extent) the food; prices are a bit higher than you would pay at one of the casual chains, but not as high as the really nice places over on Sand Lake.

Thanks everyone!
I am making notes for my trip this summer. Can I ask - where is Sand Lake?
(I know it may sound stupid but in all these years we have never gone offsite. Now that I can't get an AP rate, I will see what else Orlando has to offer. This may be a blessing in disguise.)

PavelB said:
Thanks everyone!
I am making notes for my trip this summer. Can I ask - where is Sand Lake?
(I know it may sound stupid but in all these years we have never gone offsite. Now that I can't get an AP rate, I will see what else Orlando has to offer. This may be a blessing in disguise.)

take I-4 east like you're heading towards Universal Studios. exit 74A is Sand Lake Rd.

mbstew said:
We love going to Celebration and eating at any of the restaurants there. It is a wonderful break from the crowds elsewhere.

We haven't been to Columbia Restaurant there. If it's close to as good as the one in Ybor, it's worth the trip! :thumbsup2

We're crazy about Kobe Japanese Steakhouses.

keishashadow said:
Great thread:thumbsup2

By no means does Golden Corral have "prime" steak, assume it's probably sirloin tip - but, quite tasty & a real bargin IMO. Our DS's do like to fill up there.

I'm woefully ignorant as to what's available outside of the World...

other than sites @ DTD & Crossroads, anything near the Sheraton Vistana?

We don't want to venturetoo far off the beaten path.

Actually, the Golden Corral on S.R. 535 is practically visible from the Vistana Resort, its pretty much right across the street from the entrance, and Crossroads is not far at all from Vistana, only about 3-5 minutes (depending on traffic), down the road, also on S.R. 535. If you want something in walking distance from Vistana (which is what I'm assuming), there is a Bennigans right next door on the same side of the street as the Vistana Resort, as well as a Lone Star Steakhouse, Joes Crab Shack and Landry's Seafood Restaurant (on the opposite side of the street next to the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort) There is also a Bahama Breeze next to the Golden Corral. All of these restaurants are no more than 2-3 minutes from Vistana. Hope that helps! ;)

Exactly the info I was looking for :thumbsup2 was worried there would be nothing in the area. Have driven thru several times & am having a "senior moment" in recall I guess - can't picture it.
I-4WDW said:
Actually, the Golden Corral on S.R. 535 is practically visible from the Vistana Resort, its pretty much right across the street from the entrance, and Crossroads is not far at all from Vistana, only about 3-5 minutes (depending on traffic), down the road, also on S.R. 535. If you want something in walking distance from Vistana (which is what I'm assuming), there is a Bennigans right next door on the same side of the street as the Vistana Resort, as well as a Lone Star Steakhouse, Joes Crab Shack and Landry's Seafood Restaurant (on the opposite side of the street next to the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort) There is also a Bahama Breeze next to the Golden Corral. All of these restaurants are no more than 2-3 minutes from Vistana. Hope that helps! ;)

mbb said:
We found another *great* pizza place - Giordano's is good, too..but...

Pasquale's
is amazing!

It's on the 27N, in the little mall next to Walgreen's (at the 2rd set of lights past the 192 junction..one mile from it)

The take out window was packed, the Wedding Soup is wonderful..and we had the spinach/chicken pie...

And the calzones....oh... :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

My mouth is watering.. :teeth:

I live about 2 minutes from Pasquale's and we order take out about once a week. Excellent pizza.

We enjoy Cafe TuTu Tango. They have local artists that work and/or display their work in there. They bring you complimentary hummus and pita. It's near On The Border on International Drive.

i am looking for a place to take my family that is mid range priced for seafood. I am also looking for something that I can't get at home... Not a chain. :sad2:

any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks.
:banana:

Ms. Heimlich said:
i am looking for a place to take my family that is mid range priced for seafood. I am also looking for something that I can't get at home... Not a chain. :sad2:

Consider Dixie Crossroads, in the Festival Bay mall (next to the old Belz/new Prime outlets); it is a bit far up I-Drive, but sounds like what you are looking for.

Also think about Bahama Breeze; it is a chain, but it doesn't feel like one, and they have a lot of seafood selections.

suzannews said:
I live about 2 minutes from Pasquale's and we order take out about once a week. Excellent pizza.

Next time, would you have a slice for me? :teeth:

Just lift an ooey-gooey-cheesey piece in the air, and wave it northwards - towards Canada;) - "Salut mbb!!!"

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

And hopefully, we'll see you next trip at the Cafe!! :thumbsup2

Golden Coral on SR 535, Angels (all u can eat lobster) hwy 192, Black Angus steak house and KFC,,,,,the dennys on SR535 aint bad either,,,,

It is not fine dining by a long shot, but I was pretty happy with Boston Lobster Feast. I went to the one near the Mall of Florida. I was less than impressed with Golden Coral's lunch buffet, I went to the one just south of I-4 at 535 (I didn't over-eat but I did have an upset stomach).

http://www.bostonlobsterfeast.com/

Portie

Keacc said:
We have two places that are a must for every trip to WDW. Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ on Kirkman up near Universal has the best BBQ Baby Backribs in the Orlando area. :thumbsup2 The place is small and you sit at picinic tables. Order at the counter and they bring it to you. We also have to go to Logans Road House on 192 near 417 (east of WDW). They have peanuts at the table and great drinks. The service and steaks are outstanding, and the price is reasonable. They also serve the best hot rolls anywhere. :thumbsup2

LOVE BUBBALOUS

Columbia Restaurant in Celebration is very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter