what are your favorite exercise type activities?

Walking is definitely my favorite form of exercise- I walk in my local park for about an hour(3 miles) Monday to Friday. On the weekends my husband and I will do a longer 10k walk while playing Pokemon Go-it's a fun motivator for us. We used to also play tennis once a week but then I developed tendinitis so I can't do that anymore.

I love my elliptical and I enjoy walking too.
Running used to be my passion, but needing both knees replaced stopped that.
I enjoy lifting weights and band work too.

I workout 3 days a week
Always the elliptical for cardio
After the cardio….
Every other workout weights or bands
Every other workout between the weights is abs (today was abs, then Thursday will be bands).
Typically my workouts are around 90 minutes

i don't partake but my dh is ADDICTED to 'supernatural' on his vr. the guy has never been into exercise in his life but he got his headset 2 years ago and is probably in the best physical shape of his life. he's doing it right now and THRILLED that the halloween special for today is themed with the music from 'nightmare before christmas'.
So he pretends to fight different monsters?

Well I run but I don't like it, I only do it so I could train to run at Disney.

But activities I actually like to do; hiking, biking, walking and various water sports (scuba, swimming, snorkel, paddleboard and kayak)

I started doing strength training and HIIT sessions during the pandemic. I ended up loving it and I didn't need anything but dumbbells. I use Caroline Girvan on YouTube. It's very challenging but you feel amazing. I modify if needed since I am nowhere near the physical shape she is. Highly recommend!

I have a home gym that includes a commercial quality treadmill, elliptical, and bike. I enjoy them all,

But can I say that my favorite exercise type is... Come on, I'm sure someone is thinking the same thing as I am... Se* :rotfl2:

My favorite is walking at disney. Why is it, walking around the block is such a pain, but walking around the lake at epcot is amazing? I've told DH I should go to disney for a few months, I'd be in great shape
Walking is my favorite as well. I always lose weight at WDW - even when I eat whatever I want there, whenever I want. So much walking makes me less hungry, actually.

My favorite walk at home is when I take the puppy to the town-owned conservation land and let her hop around like a bunny, while I walk the trails. I love to go when it rains, no other dogs are there and she can get her zoomies out and I get to watch the joy she exudes while I clock a few thousand steps on my fitbit.

I started doing Aqua Zumba about a year ago and it's a lot of fun. check out your local Rec Center and see if they offer it.

i don't partake but my dh is ADDICTED to 'supernatural' on his vr. the guy has never been into exercise in his life but he got his headset 2 years ago and is probably in the best physical shape of his life. he's doing it right now and THRILLED that the halloween special for today is themed with the music from 'nightmare before christmas'.
I walk every day before work so that’s prob my favorite-but supernatural on the Oculus is a freaking blast and I do it a few times a week. Boxing in beautiful settings with an awesome playlist-the best.

My favorite exercise is riding on my peloton bike. Usually try to get around 700 miles a month. Second is walking. Need to get more strength training in. Peloton is coming out with an amazing rower next month. Haven’t bought it yet but it looks great.

So he pretends to fight different monsters?
unfortunately not-esp. since that's one of his favorite shows.

I walk every day before work so that’s prob my favorite-but supernatural on the Oculus is a freaking blast and I do it a few times a week. Boxing in beautiful settings with an awesome playlist-the best.

i can't deal with it-makes my vertigo go nuts but dh loves it and i will say that the little bit i've been able to watch is gorgeous.

I like walking - either outside with a friend or on the treadmill while watching something on my iPad. (I either save certain shows to use as motivation or watch YouTube.)

As of late, refereeing soccer. Two weekends ago, I ended up with a little over 14 miles according to my Apple Watch during a day doing 7 games over the course of about 10 hours.

At our gym, I tend to do boot camp and kickboxing classes.

As of late, refereeing soccer. Two weekends ago, I ended up with a little over 14 miles according to my Apple Watch during a day doing 7 games over the course of about 10 hours.
Our local rec leagues seem to run short on refs especially late in the season. If it's something you enjoy, please, please, please get on the emergency sub ref list.

I would love more information on this - maybe I could finally motivate myself out of my chair.

If you have access to an oculus give it a try. Basically, they put you in breathtaking settings that feel completely immersive, play fun music, and coach you through different fitness activities like boxing orbs that come to you out of portals. It’s super fun and a good workout-and I like that I can do it in a 15 minute break when I’m working at home.

I would differentiate between my favorite exercise and what I most enjoy. My favorite exercise is running, as I have found it the most efficient way to burn calories that can be done almost anywhere without anything more than a good pair of shoes. However, I can't say that I really enjoy doing it. The exercise that I most enjoy is walking which allows me to get outside, but unlike running, I can relax and appreciate/focus on my thoughts and the the sights and sounds. (I guess I could try doing more jogging to allow for a little bit of both.) The same cannot be said for these activities indoors. I really do not like these activities on treadmills (but wish I did). When the weather gets bad, I try to find an indoor facility or place to run or walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter