• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your favorite creepy (not gory) movies?

bbump

Always trying to book a new trip.....
Inspired by the "scariest scene" thread, what are your favorite creepy movies???? (no gore please)

Mine are:

The 6th Sense
In the Mouth of Madness
The Others
The Ring
The Grudge

What are yours? (Might add some new movies to my blockbusteronline queue):scared:

Rosemary's Baby. Not gory or graphic but very, very creepy. This reminds me - it's that time of year. I'll have to pull out the DVD and watch it one night soon!

The Changeling with George C. Scott
The Haunting, 1963 original

Both are incredibly effective, very creepy, old-dark-haunted-house movies that use minimal to no special effects. Love them! :thumbsup2

Salem's Lot has terrified me since I was a kid. It's still very creepy to me. The kid scratching outside the window.....:scared1:

I can't remember the name of it, but it was one of those with a babysitter being provoked and then finding the children she is babysitting are gone. Fast forward several years and she starts noticing things in her apartment have been rearranged. Turns out, this guy was painting himself to match the interior of her home, so he was there and she never even knew it. Just blended in with her walls. I don't think anyone could ever do this, but it totally freaked me out!:scared1:

I was babysitting once, a very, very, very long time ago. I was watching a movie that I think was called the Sentinel. I think the guy was blue......

Salem's Lot has terrified me since I was a kid. It's still very creepy to me. The kid scratching outside the window.....:scared1:
OMG I remember watching that movie on TV w/ my mom. The scene scared the sh#t out of me. I was like 12 and slept on my mom's floor for a week. I just knew that scratching vampire kid was outside my window.

The original Halloween. This was just on IFC last weekend, hardly any gore or blood, but CREEPY!:eek:

The Changling w/ George C Scott is very creepy. I also enjoy the Original Omen (wasn't that George C Scott, too?) and the original "The Shining"

The Changling w/ George C Scott is very creepy. I also enjoy the Original Omen (wasn't that George C Scott, too?) and the original "The Shining"

The cinematography of that movie is just freaky. Even though I am a HUGE fan of the novel, I think this work stands on it's own as does anything Stanley Kubrick directed. The blood flowing out of the elevator doors and the twins still send me out of the room on occasion!

The cinematography of that movie is just freaky. Even though I am a HUGE fan of the novel, I think this work stands on it's own as does anything Stanley Kubrick directed. The blood flowing out of the elevator doors and the twins still send me out of the room on occasion!
ITA. I am also a fan of the novel. I did enjoy the remake as it was closer to the book. But the original stood on it's own and to me, was way more thrilling.

Interview with a vampire is my favorite...

hand that rocks the cradle
the others
what lies beneath

the list goes on forever

If you haven't seen it, rent The Orphange. Guilermo del Toro (director/writer of Pan's Labyrinth) produced it and it is fantastic.

I also love The Others, Duel (Stephen Spielberg's first movie), The Devil's Backbone and The Other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter