What are your favorite Counter Service restaurants?

aprilfoolwed

DIS Veteran
I have 6 weeks to plan - and I think we are going to forgo table service in the parks this time (and do MVMCP instead!). So what are your favorite quick service places to eat in the 4 parks?

We almost always eat at Columbia Harbor House at least one time. I love how quiet it is there. And we've eaten at Pecos Bills, Pizzafari, and Sunshine Seasons.

But this trip is about new experiences for us (we're celebrating a graduation and new job!), so I would love to try some new places that have been enjoyed by others.

You've named some of my favorites already, like Columbia Harbor House & Pecos Bills (those are my go to for MK). For Hollywood Studios, I like the sandwiches at Starring Rolls as a nice way to change things up from all the fried foods otherwise offered (other than the ABC Commissary I think everything else is on an equally average level in that park).

I've only every tried Pizzafari & Restaurantosaurus (nothing special) at AK but I'm desperate to try Yak & Yeti!

The thing I love about eating at Epcot is treating it like a food court. My DH is a picky eater so he can go to Liberty Inn and I can grab something from another country and meet him there. I've enjoyed the bakery in France & the QS in Mexico in the past, and I have the UK's fish & chips and Japan at the top of my list to try on my next trip.

I had a great pork flat bread at Pinocchio Village Haus. I also very much enjoyed a wonderful chicken curry at Yak and Yeti.

Mmmmm....I'm getting hungry!

Columbia House is #1. Love Y&Y, pretty much ANYTHING in World Showcase.

Have yet to try Flame Tree. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling Tusker House and just eating there. AK days are too short, we usually eat at Rainforest.

MK- BOG (lunch) or Pecos Bill.
AK- Flametree
EPCOT - Mexico (or what ever country interests you)
DHS - ??? Pizza Planet?

At EPCOT - we love fish and chips at UK; love Morocco; love Mexico. Love the Sunshine Seasons in the land at EPCOT.

At MK - most as you said but add BOG. It is great if you can get a FP for it.

At HS - we really haven't eaten any QS except for Backlot Express and it was good.

At AK - we eat at Yak and Yeti and we love it.

Enjoy!

DHS gets a bad rap for CS but one of my favorite sandwiches in all WDW is the grilled veggie sandwich at Backlot Express. I HAVE to have it every time we travel to the world. So good (I'm not a vegetarian, by the way :))

MK- We are big fans of Casey's. May not be really special but it's a tradition for us.
Epcot- CS in Mexico, great Nachos.
AK - love the chicken(can't remember if it's orange or honey) and fried rice from Yak and Yeti.
HS- I've never found anything I love so I usually stick with a carrot cake cookie.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MK - I would go to a nearby resort. CHH is the best QS at MK
EC - Tangerine Cafe, Yorkshire F&C, Sommerfest
HS - Starring Rolls sandwiches, take the boat to BW and eat at the bakery or B&C
AK - Flame Tree Yak and Yeti (TS)

Our favorites:

MK: Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bills
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons
MGM: Backlot Express
AK: Yak & Yeti

MK: Hands down Tortuga Tavern when it's open. The taco bowls are so good.
Epcot: Lotus Blossom Cafe
AK: Yak and Yeti
HS: M&B Dockside Diner

Flametree BBQ is my favourite. I enjoy the 1/2 chicken dinner. I'm not really a fan of baked beans, but I love the beans they serve.

MK: well its not really MK but the Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary is really good they have a better selection for a QS and are only 10 min walk away

AK: Flame tree is good if you are in the mood for BBQ- which if its hot weather that is a no go for me. I LOVE Yak and Yeti QS

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons as you said, Tangerine Cafe is always amazing and their portions are shareable, Katsura Grill has amazing Udon soups that are perfect for the few chilly days we get here.

Unfortunately there isn't much in the way of QS at HS that strikes me as different

Thanks for sharing! From everyone's post, it sounds like we should really try Y&Y. Looking forward to trying it!

MK- BOG (if you can't get a FP to get in, Pinocchio's for flatbreads)
AK- Flame Tree - great salad with rotisserie chicken/ chicken meal with beans
DHS - Pizza Planet (I know we're in the minority, but we really like the pizza / salad as well as the yummy cupcakes for dessert)
Epcot- Yorkshire fish and chips / France bakery, but we also like to just get a sample from each country and snack around the world while we walk.

I thought I would add best setting for QS dining.

MK - Cosmic Rays go to the side with a castle view!
- BOG lunch would be best themed interior.

EPCOT - Mexico outdoor dining on World Showcase Lagoon

AK - Flametree, I always get a seat in the pavilion down on the water looking towards Everest.

DHS. ??? the Faire area with a view of ToT?

Lots of great places listed, one I did not see is the bakery in Norway at Epcot. they have a wonderful club sandwich they will grill it for you. Its hot and cheesy and huge, enough for 2 to share easily especially with a treat from the bakery case :goodvibes
Bev

MK: Columbia Harbor House/ Pecos Bill
AK: Flame Tree BBQ
Epcot: Tangerine Cafe
HS: sorry, can't say we really enjoy any Quick Service
Downtown Disney: WPE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter