What are your favorite attractions to SKIP?

Mine are rides that go in "circles" so that includes:
Dumbo/AstroOrbitor
Both Carousels
TeaCups
Golden Zephyer

I can however do Mickey's Fun Wheel.

And due to claustrophobia:
The actual Submarines. I think the ride itself is cute, so I will do the alternative experience.

It's a small world, Finding Nemo, heimlich's chew chew train, casey jr circus train, everything in toon town (and yes we have young kids! We are not fans of the rides in toon town). Honestly, we are more into thrill rides, rollercoasters, and the really cool dark rides (pirates, peter pan)...and all of the above our kids are also willing to miss, so it works out :) We are going in March with some family members who are newbies, so we may have to suffer through a few of those with them, or at least split off at times.

• Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Trippy, fire pit -what the heck; did he die? I need to see whatever movie it is from.
  • Star Tours, it really makes me feel terrible...I think I may be able to handle it later in the day, but not sure I'm ever going to risk it again. I would like to take this opportunity to say, "BRING BACK JOURNEY TO INNER SPACE" :)
  • Will not step foot on the Tea Cups or Astro Orbiter for the same reason.
  • If we're running out of time: Anything in Toontown, Bugs Land, Paradise Pier (except Toy Story Midway Mania), Snow White, Alice, Autopia, Dumbo, Circus Train
  • If it's cold: Splash Mountain, Grizzly River Run, Canoes
If I took Bonine I think it would make me too tired... we do rope drop and try to stay to closing (with a break in the middle of the day) every day we are there.

Last edited:

If I took Bonine I think it would make me too tired... we do rope drop and try to stay to closing (with a break in the middle of the day) every day we are there.

That is funny. Bonine is the only one that doesn't make me drowsy. It's the only way I can cruise as well!

Can't believe Haunted Mansion, Mr. Toad, and Peter Pan are on some of these lists!

For me, the ones I skip (and can get away with) are:
  • Nemo (though the kids may insist next trip)
  • Fantasmic/WoC
  • Gadget Go-Coaster (though will probably try this with the 5 yr old next trip)
  • All of the 'carnival' rides in DCA (unless that includes Goofy's Sky School)
  • Mad Tea Party
Here's the ones I would skip if I could get away with it :teeth::
  • the 'circular' rides (Dumbo, Astro Orbiter, carousels)
  • Autopia
  • Everything in toon town besides Roger Rabbit
  • Bug's Land
  • Monorail
  • Tiki Room

Can't believe Haunted Mansion, Mr. Toad, and Peter Pan are on some of these lists!

I can't believe California Screamin' is on some of these lists - but that is the beauty of choice. It is great to see how what some people love other people could easily take a pass on or really dislike.

I know that we are is a serious minority on this one but for our family Radiator Springs Racer is on the list. Just not worth the hassle now that we have been on it once. I would argue that if it isn't on someone's "must do list" skipping it is ok.

I'd separate these into two groups...those that I don't think are worth the size of the line they often have so I never bother waiting, and those that I would skip altogether even if the line was nonexistent.

Not worth the wait:
Dumbo
Astro Orbiters
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
Finding Nemo
Casey Jr.
Mickey's Fun Wheel

Just not worth it:
Autopia (last time I was on the Railroad at Tomorrowland station, this little 5 year old in front of me saw it and said, "mommy is that a ride?! People wait for that?!" :rotfl:)
Bugs Land rides (except Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, that one's cute!)
King Arthur Carousel
The rest of Toontown (some trips I just never go back there)
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
Grizzly River Rapids
King Triton's Carousel
Goofy's Sky School
Jumpin' Jellyfish

I definitely take some type of motion sickness med before Dl. Makes the day so much more enjoyable if I'm not nauseated. Guess I'm lucky that it doesn't make me drowsy.

I'm not sure if this means you agree, or disagree. :laughing:

I don't hate the ride, I just don't find it all that interesting. I have been on a few of the wild mouse type coasters and I kind of feel like, once you've done one you've done them all. Also last time I rode it it was a bit painful!

Love skipping Bugs Land. Went on all the rides in an effort to ride all the DLR rides.... Though I totally ignore them now. I suppose I will go on them again when we take our grandson in 2.5 years.

I hate to admit that I don't care about Fantasyland dark rides. I'll ride them because they are nostalgic and because DH always thinks they are the best. But overall? Eh. Couldn't care less.

I have never ridden
Astro Orbiter
Tea Cups
Dumbo
Carousel
Gadget's Go Coaster
Canoes

I could ride but almost always skip
Splash Mountain
Matterhorn
Casey Jr
Storybook Canal Boats
Finding Nemo

I have never ridden
California Screamin'
Mickey's Fun Wheel
Silly Symphony Swings
Jumpin' Jellyfish
Golden Zephyr
Goofy's Sky School
Tower of Terror
Bugs Land rides except for Heimlich

I have ridden but usually skip Grizzly

I still manage to find plenty to do at the parks to keep me busy.

Of my skips, the rest of my family will ride regularly tea cups, Splash Mountain, California Screamin', Tower of Terror, and Grizzly and occasionally Matterhorn, Finding Nemo, Silly Symphony Swings, and Goofy's Sky School.

Last edited:
Y'all are killing me here! We make a point to ride *every* ride at least once per trip, we even mark them off as we go so we don't miss anything. No matter how silly, or kiddie, or scary they are, we try to experience them all!

If I was somehow *forced* to skip 5 rides they would be:
Astro Orbiter
Mickey's Fun Wheel (for pure terror factor)
Gadget Go Coaster
Bugs Land Bumper Cars
Jumpin' Jellyfish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter