What are your fav crockpot meals?

Mine too. So good and you can freeze any leftovers

I live alone, so always freeze a bunch of it. I put single servings in freezer bags and freeze them flat. Actually, I just made a batch and froze all of it (in single serve sizes) for a friend who just had a baby.

I made crockpot lasagna last night.

Brown your ground beef, add 1 chopped onion, 2 cans of tomato sauce, 1 can tomato paste, salt, 1 Tblsp oregano.

In seperate bowl mix 4 cups mozz cheese, 1 container of ricotta cheese or cottage cheese, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 cup Parm cheese.

Spoon some meat mixture in bottom of crockpot, then a couple of scoops of cheese mixture and top with 2 layers of non-cooked lasagna noodles. Repeat layers (should have enough to do 2 layers).

Cook for 4 hrs.

BUFFALO CHICKEN WRAPS..couple boneless breasts...add 6-8oz of Franks Red Hot Sauce, Envelope Ranch Dressing and one tablespoon butter. Cook all day and shred meat and put back in saucean hour before dinner. Serve on tortillas with lettuce and blue cheese or ranch dressing.

Hope this helps!

We love this chicken recipe. I made it this week and put the shredded chicken on King's Hawaiian sweet bread hamburger buns… Delicious!

I read all the old threads - want to try some new recipes so keep them coming! Going to try the chicken pesto one tonight!

Soups, stews, beans, and chili are almost always good. Sometimes roasts and other meats end up too wet and soft for my taste. YMMV.

I made crockpot lasagna last night.

Brown your ground beef, add 1 chopped onion, 2 cans of tomato sauce, 1 can tomato paste, salt, 1 Tblsp oregano.

In seperate bowl mix 4 cups mozz cheese, 1 container of ricotta cheese or cottage cheese, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 cup Parm cheese.

Spoon some meat mixture in bottom of crockpot, then a couple of scoops of cheese mixture and top with 2 layers of non-cooked lasagna noodles. Repeat layers (should have enough to do 2 layers).

Cook for 4 hrs.

This sounds great!!

Pulled BBQ Pork Sandwiches:
1 pork roast, 1/2 yellow onion, a few garlic cloves- salt/pepper the roast, stuff it w/garlic cloves. Cut the onion into thin rings, place half of the cut onions on bottom of the crockpot, then the pork roast, then the rest of the onions. Add 1/4 cp water. Cook on low for 8 or so hours. Shred the pork roast and add bbq sauce (however much you want). It's very tender and the family loves it!:thumbsup2

Is the search function broken again? I swear that this is a semi-weekly thread! If you don't want to bother with searching, there's an entire forum here on the disboards and it's just for cooking! They even have a well-maintained index of just crock pot meals. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1915122

And there you have a shiny example of how NOT to reply. Really, if you are so tired of reading threads about crock pot meals then why even bother opening, reading and replying? Move on and allow others to search or re-discuss whatever they wish!

OP- I feel your pain and am in very similar stage of 3 kids, all heavily involved, work full time and rely on Crockpot meals. My go to is affectionately called "favorite pork". Simply put a pork roast into the pot, cover with 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and about 2 cans of milk. Simmer on low all day, shred roast and serve over rice with veggie of your choice. This also works with beef roast.
We also make BBQ pork sandwiches, same method just using BBQ sauce.
Chicken n dumplings a similar method. 3 or 4 breasts mixed with a few cans of cream if chicken soup and broth to your liking. Cook all day on low and then cut up a can of biscuits and throw in for the last 10 mins.
Good luck with planning and finding new crockpot meals for your busy life :-)

I live alone, so always freeze a bunch of it. I put single servings in freezer bags and freeze them flat. Actually, I just made a batch and froze all of it (in single serve sizes) for a friend who just had a baby.

Me too. I freeze this, crockpot chili, crockpot tomato sauce, etc and then have a freezer week where I don't have to shop or cook and it's not all the same thing each night. Works out great.

Love my crockpot!! :)

One of our fall/winter favorites is ham and bean soup. I use white navy (pea) beans, washed, sorted, then placed in pot with several cups of water, ham bone (from our Honey Ham - yum) diced carrots, celery, onions, brown sugar, molasses, and several other seasonings to taste - cook all night (or day) and it's perfect. Serve it with southern cornbread - soooo good! :goodvibes

I try and use my crockpot at least 3 days a week. Last night I made taco soup (it's thicker than soup so I serve with cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips)

Brown hamburger/ground turkey with onions (I use about 2 lbs and mix turkey with ground beef and use a bag of frozen diced onions)

Add taco seasoning to the meat mixture
Put meat mixture in crock pot and add:
1 drained can of corn
1 drained can of dark red kidney beans
1 can of rotel
1 large can of tomato sauce
Cook on low

I'm going to make this. Looks so good!! How long do you cook on low?

Beef stoganoff! Stew meat (1 pound) large can cream of mushroom soup, I package dry onion soup mix, 1 cup dry white wine, mushrooms. Cook on low 8 hours. Serve with egg noodles! This serves 6.

stolen from justataste.com blog

Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken

Yield: 4 servings

Prep Time: 20 min

Cook Time: 5 hours

Ingredients:

3 large bone-in, skinless chicken breasts (2 1/2 to 3 pounds total)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup blackberry jam
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
Sliced scallions, for garnish
Sesame seeds, for garnish

Equipment: slow cooker

Directions:

Arrange the chicken breasts in the slow cooker so that they are not overlapping.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, blackberry jam, hoisin, olive oil, garlic, onion and crushed red pepper flakes, and then pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover the slow cooker and cook the chicken on LOW for 4 to 5 hours until the chicken is fully cooked.

Using tongs, remove the chicken from the slow cooker (reserving the liquids) and place it on a cutting board. Remove the bones then use two forks to shred the chicken into smaller pieces. Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl.

In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of cold water to make a slurry.

Transfer the liquids from the slow cooker into a small saucepan set over medium-high heat and whisk in the slurry. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook it until it reduces and has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Pour the sauce over the chicken, tossing to combine. Serve the chicken topped with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.

again, stolen from addapinch.com blog

Balsamic Roast Beef Recipe
Prep time
5 mins
Cook time
4 hours
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch

Serves: 6-8

Ingredients
•1 3-4 pound boneless roast beef (chuck or round roast)
•1 cup beef broth
•½ cup balsamic vinegar
•1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
•1 tablespoon soy sauce
•1 tablespoon honey
•½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
•4 cloves garlic, chopped

Instructions
1.Place roast beef into the insert of your slow cooker. In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over roast beef and set the timer for your slow cooker. (4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low)
2.Once roast beef has cooked, remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and then ladle about ¼ - ½ cup of gravy over roast beef.
3.Store remaining gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for another use.

Notes

If you prefer a more pronounced flavor, once the roast beef has been removed, use a fat separator on the gravy and then pour the gravy into a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the gravy has reduced by half.

I steal a lot of recipes off blogs, I think
southernplate.com

Southern Style Pulled Pork BBQ

Ingredients
Pork Roast (approximately 5 pounds)
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Instructions
1.Put roast in slow cooker and sprinkle salt and pepper over. Pour cider vinegar over. Cover with lid and cook on low for twelve hours (I cook it overnight). Remove pork roast and shred with forks (this will be very easy). Drain juices from slow cooker, reserving two cups of liquid. Return pork to slow cooker. To the reserved liquid add: Brown sugar, hot sauce, and crushed pepper flakes. Stir well. Pour over shredded pork and place lid back on. Place on low or warm setting until ready to serve. Can be made ahead of time and refrigerated, reheating in the microwave.
2.I estimate this to make enough for about eight sandwiches, give or take.
3.*This sauce is not spicy. If you prefer a spicier sauce double the hot sauce and crushed red pepper flakes. Add more to taste.

Beef stoganoff! Stew meat (1 pound) large can cream of mushroom soup, I package dry onion soup mix, 1 cup dry white wine, mushrooms. Cook on low 8 hours. Serve with egg noodles! This serves 6.

:thumbsup2 Except I use a can of french onion soup and a 1/2 cup sherry. Wonderful!

We just had BBQ pork on Monday -- picnic pork roast, cut up onion, a few blurbles of my huge bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce (to cover the tops and sides). Because of my work schedule, it has to cook for 12 hours, so I put the meat in frozen. Perfect every time.

Also, Italian beef: about 3 1/2 lb. rump roast, 12oz jar of giardiniera, 16 oz. jar pepperoncini, packet of italian dressing mix, and a can of beef broth.

Crockpot chicken cacciatore

4 bonless checken breasts

2 cans italian stewed tomatoes cans

small jar of any spaghetti sauce.

serve over noodles or rice.

Also can modify. With browned onion, pepper. small can of mushrooms.

my picky kids fav and now everyone at work also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter