what are your expectations for d23?

twebber55

DIS Veteran
we re two months away and i ve got to think this d23 will be much better than two years ago

My Magic plus details

Poly DVC.

I think that is all we will see.

IN 2015--
Cars land at HS

WL DVC

And because of the angry protesting mobs, they will remove avatarland.

I'm hearing rumors of a big DHS announcement. And it's info from a proven rumor monger, not the general internet chatter you usually hear.

I think D23 is dying. It should be put to rest!

I think they need a really big announcement at the Expo to reinvigorate D23. If they go back-to-back Expos with nothing of substance to talk about then the Expo is is in the grave.

Even here on the board, the Avatarland haters are not a majority. In the real world? People either don't know or don't care.

I think that's the big issue for Disney. There's apathy at best among the public, so they won't make a visit just for that land.

In terms of D23, I expect they'll announce Cars Land at DHS and probably something that doesn't interest me like DVC.

I'd love to hope they'll talk about EPCOT Future World upgrades, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I think that's the big issue for Disney. There's apathy at best among the public, so they won't make a visit just for that land.

I don't specifically think there is apathy for Avatar. I just think that most people don't know the expansion is coming at all. I think Avatar is largely popular. I also think that the opening of the expansion will likely be timed just before or just after the first sequel. A single film does not a franchise make, but if you think Avatar 2 won't make buckets of cash, you're kidding yourself.

I don't specifically think there is apathy for Avatar. I just think that most people don't know the expansion is coming at all. I think Avatar is largely popular. I also think that the opening of the expansion will likely be timed just before or just after the first sequel. A single film does not a franchise make, but if you think Avatar 2 won't make buckets of cash, you're kidding yourself.

could not of said it better myself.... for the folks who think avatar two wont make buckets of money denial aint just a river

They certainly seem to be the majority here-- maybe they are just persistent.

Check the users who have posted negatively about the issue (not the post count) and compare it against the total population of the board. I'm going to say not the majority.

~I really want to hear something about Avatarland & MagicBands!

I'm hearing rumors of a big DHS announcement. And it's info from a proven rumor monger, not the general internet chatter you usually hear.

I think they need a really big announcement at the Expo to reinvigorate D23. If they go back-to-back Expos with nothing of substance to talk about then the Expo is is in the grave.
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter