What are your "don't miss-es"?

TillyMarigold

DIS Veteran
I've been inundating the many people I'm traveling with, with silly surveys. It's how we chose where to stay, where to eat, how many days at each park, etc. Now it's coming up on time to pick FPs. One thing I want to ask them is to each pick 3-5 "must dos" per park (we're going to each park twice and some three times--I'm assuming there will be some overlap between people's choices, so that shouldn't be too many total).

So please share your absolute must-dos for each park and for outside the parks. Besides attractions, I have things like "Eat a Dole Whip" for MK, and "See the Electrical Light Parade" for outside the parks. So it can really be anything.

I'm traveling in a group of 6 adults and a toddler, btw.

Fun, I need something to fill my time now that everything is already done for my trip.
Must do-
MK- 7 Dwarf mine train, Peter Pan, All mountains, the Carrousel (for 6yo), haunted mansion, all parades and shows at least once. Meeting lots of characters is also a must do since we have little ones. Have to have a funnel cake too.
AK- all shows, safari, and kali. Lots of character meets also.
HS- all shows, star tours (favorite ride here), toy story, animation studio, and again lots of characters.
Ep- Illuminations, Soarin' (favorite ride here), nemo, turtle talk, checking out the aquariums. I feel like as many times as I've been here I've still only scratched the surface. Hope to do a better job of seeing everything Epcot has to offer next trip. We also have a Duffy lover so we love shopping for him here.

Ride BTMRR at night! Totally different experience, pay attention to the windows on the facade.
Interact with the photographers on Main Street. They are a fountain of info and take great shots.
Ride the train around a full loop. You really get a sense of how enormous the MK is and seeing it all from the perimeter is interesting, plus there's something about pulling up to the Main St. station that has goosebump raising abilities.

DHS: Lunch at SciFi. I just love the dark, relaxed vibe and you can split meals amongst your party so it isn't too much food
"Play" with the face actors. They have some of the wittiest responses I've heard. Genuine belly laughed a few times.
Do not miss Fantasmic! It is the best of the nightly Disney shows, IMO.

Epcot:
Gotta do Spaceship Earth, it's classic Disney.
Get a frozen margarita in Mexico
Shop at Mouse Gear. All the stores carry all the same stuff now, but this has it all in one place.

AK:
Tusker House breakfast
That's all I got.

DTD:
Get a sandwich at Earl of Sandwich
Have fun in the Lego Store
Take a picture with Tick Tock

Ok, here are our MUST-DOs...but keep in mind not all of them will be toddler friendly.

MK: Carousel of Progress, BTMRR, Peoplemover, HM, Juncle Cruise, Space Mt and of course Wishes!

EPCOT: Test Track, Soarin', Mission:Space, Spaceship Earth and Living Seas & Turtle Talk

HS: Toy Story Mania, TOT, RnRC and Animation Studio

AK: Safari, Dinosaur, EE, Nemo and Lion King Shows (both are FABULOUS)

Anything above and beyond these are a bonus.

Our must do's for next trip include:
MK
7 dwarfs mine train
POTC
peter pan
haunted mansion
dinner in the castle

AK
festival of the lion king
flights of wonder
safari
dinosaur
dinner at boma (a quick jump from the park)

HS
Tower of terror
Muppet 3D
Great movie ride
Fantasmic package at mama Melrose

Epcot
Spaceship earth
Test track
living with the land (is that right?)
Dinner in France

This list was a great way for me to get our plans started!

MK

- Walk down Main Street without rushing to an attraction
- Eat lunch at or at least tour Be Our Guest to see how beautiful the dining area is and how much work went in to make the Beast's castle a reality.
- Ride Splash Mountain, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion
-CoP

Epcot

- Ride Spaceship Earth
- Try cuisine/drinks you may have been to afraid to try before in World Showcase
- Enjoy the massive aquarium in The Living Seas
- Try sodas from around the world that you may not have tasted before in Club Cool
- Watch IllumiNations...you will never hear a score as powerful as the one in this fireworks spectacular

Studios

- Check out all the details and amazing theming that went into the buildings throughout the park.
- Eat at 50s Prime Time Cafe and play along!
- Ride Star Tours & Rock N Rollercoaster
- Ride ToT and point out all of the Twilight Zone references
- Get the Fantasmic! Package with Brown Derby (best value) - sit far back center to get the best view in the stadium

DAK

- Ride Kilimanjaro Safaris in the rain
- Ride Expedition Everest
- Really examine the many animal trails at secret paths
- See Nemo: The Musical
- Go to AKL and explore, dinner at Boma, Jiko or Sanaa (the three best restaurants on property IMHO)

My Must Do's...

MK: 7DMT, PoTC, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruisepre-opening ADR at CP

EP: Spaceship Earth, Pick-a-Pearl in Japan, Living Seas aquariums, dinner at Garden Grill

DHS: TSMM, eat at Sci-Fi, Fantasmic, ToT

AK: Kali River Rapids, Safari

My must dos are:

MK: HM, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Carousel of Progress, Small World, MSEP, Pecos Bills for the Burger fixins.

Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Journey Into Imagination (and shake my fist at the pavilion and yell "Bring back Dreamfinder!") Beer and Brat at Germany, Illuminations.

HS: TOT, Muppets, Star Tours, RnR, 50's Primetime Cafe for ADRs, Backlot Express for the Buffalo Chicken sandwich for lunch, Fantasmic

AK: I usually skip this park, but if I do go, the Safari and Everest.

My upcoming November trip I will be with my DD who is 3, some days with my parents some by ourselves. This changes up the Must Dos a bit:

MK: Small World, Peter Pan, Storytime with Belle, Buzz Lightyear, Small World, Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, People Mover (TTA), and Small World 10 more times.

HS: Muppets, Toy Story, Beauty and the Beast Live, Disney Jr Live

Epcot: Not going this trip, but it would be Soarin (w/ rider swap), Journey Into Imagination, Character Spot

AK: Not going this trip, but here would be Safari, food at Pizzafari, then whatever animals she's interested in seeing, maybe the Afternoon parade if it's running.

My must-do list is liable to get out of hand if I let it. ;) I don't have a whole lot of non-attraction must-dos, always been a big ride person...anyway, I'll keep it to four or fewer per park, though that means cutting a lot of things from my MK list.

Magic Kingdom:
7DMT (new since I was last there!)
Space Mountain (my trip wouldn't be complete without it)
Splash Mountain (very special to my family on our first visit)
Haunted Mansion (just how many spooks do I have following me home by now?)

Epcot:
Spaceship Earth (best of the few old-style Epcot rides left)
Soarin' (the only really convincing motion simulator I've ever ridden)
Innoventions (mixed bag, but I always have fun checking it out)
Leisurely stroll/shop around WS (the one time I can make myself chill out and stop being a commando)

Hollywood Studios:
Tower of Terror (pretty sure it's my favorite ride on property)
Fantasmic (worked backstage there; can't go to WDW and not see it)
TSMM (only got to ride it a handful of times so far)

Animal Kingdom:
Dinosaur (best dark ride at WDW, hands down)
Expedition Everest (I was there at cast preview, gives me ubernostalgia)
Macaroni and Cheese Hot Dog (just learned it existed, need it in my life)

These are my musts!

Magic Kingdom
Splash, Space, and Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Mickey's Philharmagic
Peter Pan
Meet Gaston in New Fantasyland
Relax on the People Mover
Nutella & fresh fruit waffle from Sleepy Hollow
Festival of Fantasy
Celebrate the Magic
Wishes

Epcot
Spaceship Earth
Soarin
Test Track
All of World Showcase
IllumiNations

Hollywood Studios
Toy Story Mania
Tower of Terror
Rock n Rollercoaster
Animation Academy (drawing class)
Beauty and the Beast Live
Red Velvet Cupcake from Starring Rolls
Fantasmic

Animal Kingdom
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo the Musical
Kilimanjiro Safari
All the animal trails (Forest trail, Jungle trek, Discovery Island etc)
Expedition Everest

I've been inundating the many people I'm traveling with, with silly surveys. It's how we chose where to stay, where to eat, how many days at each park, etc. Now it's coming up on time to pick FPs. One thing I want to ask them is to each pick 3-5 "must dos" per park (we're going to each park twice and some three times--I'm assuming there will be some overlap between people's choices, so that shouldn't be too many total).

So please share your absolute must-dos for each park and for outside the parks. Besides attractions, I have things like "Eat a Dole Whip" for MK, and "See the Electrical Light Parade" for outside the parks. So it can really be anything.

I'm traveling in a group of 6 adults and a toddler, btw.
If you mean the Main Street Electrical Parade" it is INSIDE MK. Did you perhaps mean "Electrical Water Pageant" ? If so that is on the water and is visible from the beaches/boat docks at all the resorts that front onto the water --including Fort Wilderness. That is a MUST do for us:thumbsup2

If you mean the Main Street Electrical Parade" it is INSIDE MK. Did you perhaps mean "Electrical Water Pageant" ? If so that is on the water and is visible from the beaches/boat docks at all the resorts that front onto the water --including Fort Wilderness. That is a MUST do for us:thumbsup2

Yes, that's what I meant. Oops.

MK - The Mountains of course! Dole Whips, Wishes! Strolling down Main Street.
EP - Test Track, Spaceship Earth and Canadian cheddar cheese soup!
HS - Tower of Terror, and red velvet cupcakes from Starring Rolls.
AK - Expedition Everest
DTD - Earl of Sandwich

Pretty standard list but we love all these things!

Fun, my trip is 3 weeks away and this is what I've been thinking of as our "must-dos"

MK:
7DMT (this time, just to try it out)
Splash Mountain, preferably at night
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
BOG lunch
the Christmas shop
Eat a Dole Whip

EP:
Soarin
Henna tattoo
Wander World Showcase
Grey Goose Slushie from France
Caramel popcorn from Karamel Kuche
Shop at Mouse Gears

AK:
Safari
Everest

DHS:
TSM
TOT
Star Tours
Muppets
Animation Academy
Wander and gaze at the theming

Resorts:
Eat at California Grill
Wander the Boardwalk
Jelly Rolls
Shop at AKL

MK: People mover, Mountains, Carousel of Progress, Potato Leek Soup & Lemon Meringue cupcake at BOG, Haunted Mansion

HS: Tower of Terror, Rock N Roller, Great Movie Ride, Stunt show, Hollywood scoops ice cream

EP: Spaceship Earth, Land ride, Figment, Mission Space, Empanadas de queso at Mexico QS, Pick a pearl in Japan

AK: Safari, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Gaze at the Tree of Life

Misc: Sit on a beach at any resort. Listen to the boats. Watch the birds. Watch the water pageant. Buy a new pin or two.

MK
-- Mickey's Philharmagic -- my favorite attraction there
-- Space Mountain
-- Haven't been, but we are planning on the seven dwarf's mine train in December at rope drop (should be a family friendly coaster with nice theming I would think)
-- Have one of those Mickey Ear ice cream bars. They are the really good Dove ice cream and chocolate and with the ears they just taste so yummy. // Tried it, and it was fine, but the Dole Whip just doesn't compare to Mickey Ears for me.

Epcot
-- Soarin
-- Test Track

Hollywood Studios
-- Tower of Terror (really cool theming -- could be frightening to little ones)
-- Not a must do every time, but Fantasmic is really a unique use of water and technology, and if any in your party is interested, I would do it.

Animal Kingdom
-- Festival of the Lion King (the best show in all of Disney IMHO)
-- The Safari ride

Resorts
-- Ride the Monorail around a visit all the MK resort on the line (Polynesian, Contemporary, and Grand Floridian

Offsite
-- Visit SeaWorld for a day

I love the parks, but it looks like for the most part, just have maybe two must dos at each of them. I do think tourinplans.com plans are good at covering the best attractions if you want a longer more comprehensive list and ratings by the author and by age group.

Fun!

HS - Jedi Training (have 2 boys), Toy Story, RnR

AK - Safari, Everest, Dinosaur

EP - Spaceship Earth, TT, Jumping Fountains

MK - Peoplemover, Find/Meet Stitch, ETWB, Mountains, Dole Whip, SOTMK, Buzz

OK...I tried to keep it to 3/park : )

MK--
Meet some characters-Snow White was really sweet!
Be Our Guest (pork entree and triple chocolate cupcake were wonderful!)
Festival of Fantasy Parade (get frozen lemonade to keep toddler cooler and busy!)
Wishes
Carousel and Dumbo for toddler
7 Dwarfs Mine Train
Big Thunder Mountain-but maybe not with toddler
Peter Pan only if you can fastpass it. The line is always incredibly long for a very short ride.
(I did not like the Dole Whip float with vanilla and pineapple in pineapple juice--too tart for me! Maybe other flavors are better.)

DHS-
Toy Story Mania
loved Star Tours-I could do this multiple times a day!!!
Be Our Guest show
Frozen sing along
Muppets Show-toddler will love it and I enjoyed it, though the 3D gave my husband a headache!

Epcot-
Spaceship Earth
Soarin
We did not like Finding Nemo (so repetitive!,) but a young child should. We didn't have time for Turtle Talk to rate it.
We were not impressed with the Electric Umbrella (picked because we were in a hurry for lunch and my son only likes typical "American" type food. LOL)
We only had 3 hours to spend here visiting attractions (not including lunch time,) or I would make more recommendations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter