What are your Disney World tips for girls ages 4 and 10?

JeremysDisney

Mouseketeer
Family of 6-Me(44),Wife(40),Son(16),Son(13),Niece(10),Niece(4)

When the boys were in Primary School, we visited Disney World a lot. However, this will be our first trip catered specifically for girls. My wife is shopping for Disney outfits, toys, and other stuff for the girls to bring with us. This is the first and only time the girls will visit Disney World, so we would like the experience to be magical. What things, rides, and experiences must we do?

A Disney Princess experience.::MinnieMo

My daughter's first trip to WDW was when she was 4. Here are the things she just loved:

Character meals!
IllumiNations
Getting an Epcot World Showcase passport stamped in each country and doing the KidCot crafts
Collecting stamps in Animal Kingdom
It's A Small World

That's what it is now - when we went with my daughter it wasn't themed to Up (because it hadn't come out yet!) but it's basically the same thing. The kids get to go to different stations and learn something about animals. Then they get a stamp or sticker for each station.

Now it sounds even more fun - the kids get a Wilderness Explorer "Badge" (I think it's a sticker) and get to go to the Wilderness Explorer Clubhouse (basically a meet and greet with Russell and Dug) where they get to do the Wilderness Explorer chant. "The Wilderness must be explored! Caw! Caw! ROAR!"

A princess character meal is a MUST! You'll probably get recommendations for all of them, but I will suggest 1900 Park Fare at the GF for dinner. The stepsisters are the funniest character interaction I've had plus you get Cinderella and often her prince.

If you want to splurge, do Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. They can do hair, nails, makeup, up to full costuming - whatever level you choose. Another splurge is a true spa treatment at Grand Floridian or Saratoga Springs.

Definitely let them "dress" for dinner if you can - we usually have at least one nice meal planned outside of the parks and my daughter used to wear a costume. Now she is 9 and may still do a costume but if not, will definitely want to wear a fancier dress. Honestly, I recommend this for everyone in the party. It is a nice break from the bustle of the parks and feeling grimy and tired!

Most general rides are not really gender specific, so you haven't missed much on those, I bet. But plan on time to meet lots of characters. Some of the princesses are in very high demand and lines can be long, so you'll want to plan these out. Merida, Rapunzel, Anna and Elsa, and the Fairies all can have very long waits. Some offer fastpasses or get to them before they "open".

And be prepared to spend more time shopping and getting ready LOL!! princess:

Have you considered pin trading? I think the 10 year old would really enjoy it. An Agent P mission and Pick-A-Pearl in World Showcase at Epcot are two other things the 10 year old might like.

I have seen it before but never have taken part in it. It looks similar to the boys' Cub and Boy Scout Badge Sash. Do you know if there is a Disney Pin Sash? The online Disney Store sells only the pin lanyard.

Thanks for your tip!:flower3:

Please accept my apology for not responding earlier. I haven't checked the boards in the last couple of days.

My son has pin traded a couple of times. Prior to going to Disney World I went onto ebay and bought pins to use for trading. I would probably get at least 10 for each person who wants to trade.

I have read that when buying from ebay you need to be very careful because you will get some fakes. When I go into ebay I enter "disney pin lot real" as my search criteria. I then read the descriptions carefully to try to ensure that I get "real" pins. I don't know if all the pins that we buy are authentic but they have never been turned down by a CM at the parks.

We display the pins on a lanyard (you can purchase one at Disney World, a Disney store, ebay, etsy, even make your own, etc.). Once you are at a park or Downtown Disney you will see CM's wearing either a lanyard or a belt with a pouch hanging from their waist displaying pins they have to trade. I have also heard that there are pin trading boards at some places but we have never seen them.

All you have to do is ask the CM if they would like to trade and they will always say yes. You can then choose the pin you have that you want to trade and tell the CM which one of their pins you would like to receive in return. It's easy, fun, and a great way to get the kids to interact with the CMs. I have also seen a lot of adults trading pins.

My explanation is probably very confusing so if you have any more questions please let me know.

I am not sure the hair length of your nieces but my daughters love to get their hair wrapped. It is not braiding - they take a small piece of hair and wrap it with whatever colored string they want - and they have beads that they can pick to put on. She usually gets Cinderella's castle. We do it every year. Even my older daughter does it sometimes. It lasts in her hair for months. We just make sure she has a hair cut right before we go - then we take it out at her next haircut - 2-3 months later.

I found this online from a year ago. Not sure if they are still at all these locations. We have done it on the Boardwalk or on the beach by the Beach Club. They have weird hours - so we always check when we get there.

Hair wrap stands are poolside at many of the resorts including Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans. There are also wrap stands on the Boardwalk, at Downtown Disney, and in the Animal Kingdom near the entrance to Camp Mickey Minnie.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter