• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your best Freecycle pick ups?

mudman

DIS Veteran
Curious about what your best Freecyle finds are...

I've got a couple of items, but most of the time I am not the first responder to the good items.

My best scores are...

2 wooden adirondack chairs
50 my coke reward caps
wooden window boxes

I have done great over the years.

• A swing set with slide, teeter totter and bench swing, all we had to add was the toddler swing (which we needed enyway)
  • A craft table - it folds into itself and is less than a foot wide for storage, but opens up to be 8 feet long.
  • A HUGE bag of Danielle Steel books for my Grandma, she is 92 and actually stay up all night reading them!!

I have also managed to "freecycle" tons of stuff!!!

Talk care,

Amy

A piano!!!

Yup, really! Someone was moving into an apartment and couldn't take it.
It's not fancy, but it'll be fine for my 5 yr old to start on.

I rarely get anything, never the first to reply, but over the years I did get:

*A really nice dining room hutch that DH painted to match our dining area, I love it
*Two working air conditioners
*Our dog Sterling, who sadly passed away in June

-Allyson

5 or 6 various playgyms
1 speedboat (seriously! LOL)
lots of kids toys
kids clothes
kid gear
lots of little tikes/step 2 items
a crib
highchair
diapers
formula

there is more I'm sure.

A rolling composter that retails for around $165!
cast iron chimenea
over the range microwave
washer & dryer
power wheels

An awesome leather bomber jacket
A dresser for my daughter - that I then stripped, sanded, repainted and put beautiful Disney princess handles on
Lawn chairs

Our best score by far was a kitchen full of cherry cabinets! I know too good to be true right!? We just refinished them and installed them ourselves in our kitchen and since we didn't have to buy cabinets we were able to splurge on granite! The best freecycle ever!!

I've gotten:
an area rug (that sells for $100 at Lowe's) in great condition
A dining room table that I needed, and 4 chairs I didn't. The chairs went to my MIL's to be used when we have a large family get together and need extra seating
A coat rack that sits in the corner of my office so I can have my jacket handy. Everyone wants to know where I bought it
A laptop case for my son to take to college
A nice watch with the logo of my college (and it turns out that a friend was the one giving it away)
Amish friendship bread starter

I've given:
a vegetable steamer
2 computer monitors
2 printers
clothing

I've tried to give away:
A trampoline, but the person didn't show up to get it. DD was upset when she found out that I had posted it, so we kept it after the people didn't show up. I might try listing this again.

I need to give away:
2 old power wheels toys-a jeep and a ATV-looking thing. The kids are 17 and 21. I don't think they're going to ever ride these things again.

A nice wooden futon with mattress. We use it as a couch in our family room and for extra sleeping space when we have company.

dog crates,bicycles,camping gear-baby stuff,kids toys-aquariums,lamps,a ride on car for my kiddo.....too much to list- I've probably given that much too- freecycle is great

I just signed up! I am waiting to hear if I am approved before I can access the web site. I think this is a great idea, I have so much stuff I need and want to get rid of.

Once I am a member of my local group, can I look at other groups in the area, or do I need to sign up with them too?

My two best finds came this week!

*A new breadmaker that works perfect! Freecycler had received it as a 2nd breadmaker from her MIL and she didn't want it!

*A worn-once-at-a-wedding formal type dress that someone was giving away. Needed a dress for the upcoming cruise, & it was my size! I doubted I would get it, but I did. Picking it up tomorrow....doing the happy dance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter